By tecknight, Recognized Contributor on 17th June 2018, 04:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd August 2018, 12:54 PM |#41  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 690

More
Cross Flashing Aristo 2 to Aristo 2 plus or vice versa
By the way, if. Anyone wanted to change their MetroPCS Aristo 2 to a T Mobile Aristo 2 plus, all you would need is an Aristo 2 plus .kdz and LGUP dev mode.

3rd August 2018, 09:52 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 2,927

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknight

By the way, if. Anyone wanted to change their MetroPCS Aristo 2 to a T Mobile Aristo 2 plus, all you would need is an Aristo 2 plus .kdz and LGUP dev mode.

Only problem is the KDZ hasnt been released for the Aristo 2 PLus yet.....
4th August 2018, 07:33 AM |#43  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

Only problem is the KDZ hasnt been released for the Aristo 2 PLus yet.....

I think there is.
and I know how to get it, but I don't want LG to know Check your PM.
4th August 2018, 09:09 AM |#44  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:

Confirmed twrp works and I have root now on Aristo 2 +

Question:
1. You used the Aristo 2 plus TWRP image ?
2. Is your Date/Time correct when you boot into TWRP ?
4th August 2018, 09:17 AM |#45  
Flag Las Vegas

More
System Update out for Aristo 2
For those of you that followed the rooting tutorial, you should be ok, as you have turned off automatic system updates.
6th August 2018, 10:59 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 2,927

More
Quote:

Question:
1. You used the Aristo 2 plus TWRP image ?
2. Is your Date/Time correct when you boot into TWRP ?

1. Yes, the one from post #38
2. The time is incorrect (and I set my correct time zone). I shows an hour behind ,
6th August 2018, 02:17 PM |#47  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:

1. Yes, the one from post #38
2. The time is incorrect (and I set my correct time zone). I shows an hour behind ,

Ok, I will let Armando know. That's a lot better than the first Aristo 2 TWRP. Our date was always from Dec 30 2017 - Jan 2nd 2018 until the recent fix.
Actually, I expect that the Aristo 2 TWRP would probably work perfectly on your device as well.
Thanks for trying that for me. I expect that it might start working at some point, but you never know.
12th August 2018, 04:05 AM |#48  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Release 10J out for Aristo 2
Aristo 2 release 10J KDZ:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bh...ld-So-338IhcDy
16th August 2018, 03:13 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP locked lg aristo 2
I have tried and tried to get passed the frp google lock on this phone, I have followed the instructions. When i hit refurbish then start it gets to 4% then kicks out an error saying : 0x81000302 please use latest dll ....GRRR that is exactly what I am trying NOT to do. If anyone can shed some light on my currently bricked useless phone any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!
Quote:

TAT TecKnight's Aristo 2 Tutorials series
Install a specific .KDZ image to your LG phone using LGUP
Requirements:

• An LG phone
  • A PC running Windows with an internet connection
  • A USB cable.
Note: This procedure will restore all of your partitions to stock for the firmware image you select. This means you will lose your rooted boot image (and root), TWRP and Magisk. This procedure will even work when your phone is not able to boot properly. As long as the bootloader is loading (ie: something is displaying on the screen when you power it up), LGUP should be able to image your phone. However, LGUP does not restore the flashing or oem lock state. If your phone was unlocked, it will stay that way.

1. If you don't already have LGUP installed on your PC, complete this procedure:
Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC
2. If you don't already have a .KDZ file that you want to image your phone with, go here:
https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-lmx210ma-firmwares/
and download one.

3. Power OFF your Phone.

4. Connect one end of the USB cable to your PC.

5. Press and hold Volume + on the phone. Connect the other end of USB cable to your phone while still pressing Volume +.

6. Download Mode should appear on the phone, and then change to Firmware Update.

7. Launch LGUP. It should detect your phone. You should see a screen resembling this:

8. In the lower section, to the right of File Path, click on the ..., then browse to and select your .kdz file. Your screen should now resemble this:

9. Make sure REFURBISH is selected, then click Start to flash your phone.

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.

_________
Change Log:
7/5/2018 Moved actual LGUP installation to a separate tutorial. This tutorial now refers to that tutorial if LGUP is not already installed on PC.
6/30/2018 Created initial procedure.

17th August 2018, 09:49 AM |#50  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixflixJEnn

I have tried and tried to get passed the frp google lock on this phone, I have followed the instructions. When i hit refurbish then start it gets to 4% then kicks out an error saying : 0x81000302 please use latest dll ....GRRR that is exactly what I am trying NOT to do. If anyone can shed some light on my currently bricked useless phone any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

If flashing with LGUP doesn't work, then try this:
Restore your LG phone to the latest factory firmware using LG Bridge

I'm not sure which KDZ you are trying to flash, you might be encountering anti-rollback protection if you are trying to flash an old image. In that case, try LGUP Developer mode, Partition Download option, then select all partitions.
30th August 2018, 10:47 PM |#51  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Install Xposed Framework on your Magisk rooted Aristo 2 / 2 +
TAT TecKnight's Aristo 2 Tutorials series
Install Xposed Framework on your Magisk rooted Aristo 2 / 2 +
Requirements:
  • A rooted LG Aristo 2 or Aristo 2 plus running Magisk.
Note: While it is nice to have Xposed Framework on your phone, as there are many tweaks available as xposed modules, that are not possible if the framework were not installed, there is one caveat I should mention. Xposed framework breaks SafetyNet, as it is not possible for Magisk to completely hide Xposed framework. So if you are running an app that tests if your phone is rooted, you may not be able to slide if you install xposed framework. OK, fair warning given.

1. Download and install the Xposed Installer 3.1.5 (systemless) android app from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...3&d=1516377687
2. On your phone, launch Magisk Manager

3. Touch the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left and select Downloads from the menu.

4. Touch the magnifying glass then type xposed.

5. Scroll down the list and find Xposed Framework (SDK 25). Touch the download icon on the right.

6. A dialog will appear asking what you want to do. Touch the word INSTALL on the bottom right side of the dialog.

7. Magisk Manager will display a Downloading dialog and display the progress. Once the download is complete, Magisk Manager will flash the Xposed framework to your phone. When it is done, touch the word REBOOT on the bottom right of the Flashing dialog.

8. Your phone will now reboot. Note that it is not unusual for the first boot after Xposed Framework is installed to take more than 10 min to complete. However, when I flashed using this method, it booted up rather quickly.
Update: last time I tried this it took over 10 minutes to boot, but I did not have to do any additional reboots

9. Once your phone boots up, launch Xposed installer 3.1.5, it will likely indicate that Xposed framework is not installed. Don't worry, this is expected. If the installer indicates that Xposed Framework IS installed, you are not only very lucky, you are done !! Otherwise, continue to the next step.

10. Reboot phone.

11. Once your phone boots up, launch Xposed installer 3.1.5 again. Check Xposed framework installation status. If it shows as installed, congratulations, you are done. If not, continue to next step.

12. Reboot phone again. Go back to Step 11.

My experience is that it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 boots (usually 2 or 3) before the Xposed installer recognizes that Xposed framework is installed.

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.
_________
Change Log:
9/10/2018 Changed Xposed Installer download to systemless version.
9/2/2018 Changed procedure to flash xposed framework via Magisk Manager. This is a much cleaner process and faster as well.
9/1/2018 Created Initial procedure which used TWRP to flash xposed framework.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tecknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tecknight Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-aristo-2, lg-k8-plus, lg-k9, lg-phoenix-4, lg-x2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)