Tecknight's Aristo 2 Tutorials

Search This thread
This is the correct modified and working version of the twrp for the k8+ 2018 LM-X210ULM. The Firmware and system image blocks had to be changed from ext4 to vfat on firmware and emmc to ext4 on system image to work right. Trial and error sucks but it works. with out both changes the device would go into boot loop and i would have to download mode the firmware back.

I dont know why but the recovery did not post on the last post. So here it is. I havent tested this on anything but a k8+ LM-X210ULM so id be weary trying it on another cv1 device. It does however it works fine with the aforementioned device now.

Attachments

• recovery.img.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 28
K8+(2018) owners. Would you like to have android 8.1 Oreo and be able to not only keep your fastboot mode but also keep it working and still flashing images? plus Root!!

This method will also work for almost any cv1 device and if you have already upgraded to 8.1 you can downgrade to 7.1.2 and re-install to 8.1 as long as your current firmware does not have an ARB value.

https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/root-upgrade-lg-cv1-x210-to-oreo-t4047453

lfc222222

Mar 22, 2016
Missing 3.2.3.0 TWRP download

It seems that the 3.2.3.0 TWRP mentioned in the tutorial here is missing on the host servers. Can anyone upload that version here?

11. Download TWRP to your PC:
TWRP 3.2.3.0 for cv1 devices with fstab mods (encryption related) and Oreo kernel
I upgraded TWRP to 3.2.3.0 and made a couple of mods to make it less likely to glitch. I believe booting the same kernel for boot and recovery should result in a more stable experience.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603893649

Madrox_ffxiv

Jul 3, 2015
Rockford
stuck on step 9

I am stuck on step 9. My phone is a Metro pcs unlocked LG Aristo 2 K8. LM-X210MA
I enter fastboot flashing unlock and prompt tells me waiting for device.
Is there anyone that can walk me through this?

Juat compiled my first kernel for cv1 devices. Its rated for perfirmance and debuggibg with full otg support. It has smb charging and fastcharge support. It has perfornance profiling with interactive cpu and governor. Android windows and ntfs support as well as jtag uart and ftdi support and if you cant debug it ill refund your no cash back.

Please give it a try and tell me what you think. If there are any features you think should be included or just want to improve upon my work just shoot me a line and ill get to it as soon as i can and lets make our cv1 devices the best they can be.

Not responsible for bricking your device.

This boot.img was compiled for the K8+ LM-X210ULM. But should work for most cv1`s if it doesnt ill compile the same kernel for your specific aristo 2 or fortune 2 device. Just let me know

https://xdaforums.com/android/help/help-compile-cv1-kernel-userdebug-t4069035

oh i forgot to tell you guys. I also removed any and all restrctions that would stop you from trying to compile a kernel or other software on your device. That parts untested but im gonna try in the next couple days to build one in ubuntu termux,

Attachments

• upsetclown-boot.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: mribraqdbra

mribraqdbra

May 5, 2016
I am stuck on step 9. My phone is a Metro pcs unlocked LG Aristo 2 K8. LM-X210MA

Get the USB Drivers:
Useful links for LG Aristo 2/2+
TAT TecKnight's Aristo 2 Tutorials series
Useful links for LG Aristo 2/2+
Windows Software
LG USB drivers. The latest official USB drivers for LG phones.
http://tool.cdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/down...=UW00120120425

tecknight

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Is your phone running Nougat (Android 7.*) ?
fastboot on the Oreo image cannot flash unlock or write any partition, so you will have to downgrade to Nougat, as stated in step 1
Step 1:
1. If you are currently running Oreo based firmware on your device and you do not already have TWRP installed, you will have to first downgrade your device to Nougat based firmware, before fastboot will let you flash TWRP.
If your phone is an Aristo 2 (Metro by T-Mobile), I recommend firmware version 10K, available here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603847051

Hey you guys! Ok so i finally got my compiler to put out working kernels that boot. Sorry the last one might not have booted. it was on and off for a couple days but i think i got it working.

Along with my jokerfish cv1 msm8917 kernel. Its full of performance and debugging features and lightning quick. Only problem is i cant get force_fast_charge to show up in /sys/kernel/ even though its compiling and i can touch the object files.

Any way all you have to do is flash using twrp and have a great day.

edit:::

Wanted to make sure before choking on some smiling fish huhuh but the defconfig for the K8+ and the Aristo 2 are the very one and the same. So have fun kiddies. Sorry fortune 2 fans looks like i will have to complie one for those who ask since it has updated and gone boooooo ARB03.

And if any one has any clue as to how to fix fastcharge not showing up in /sys/kernel/... puhlease let a clown know.

Attachments

• jokerfish-cv1_boot.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: Danf2580

bowser001

Apr 3, 2008
Your problem is that your phone is automatically updating to 8.1, which is semi bricking your phone.
I have resolved this problem in my 8.1 ROMs, but not in the Nougat ROMs.
Which phone/ROM are you using ?
I will see if I might be able to kill software update on the ROM you are using.

My phone is the T-Mobile Aristo 2 plus and the ROM I’m using is the pre-rooted nougat 7.1. Aristo 2 plus (Nougat firmware 10J, T-Mobile), download this;
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603855657

tecknight

Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
My phone is the T-Mobile Aristo 2 plus and the ROM I’m using is the pre-rooted nougat 7.1. Aristo 2 plus (Nougat firmware 10J, T-Mobile), download this;
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603855657
OK @bowser001 I have modified my latest rooted nougat Aristo 2 plus image.
I have decertified the system update, so the image will remain Nougat.
Try it out and let me know how it works.
Aristo 2 plus Nougat rooted flashable image:

Reactions: bowser001
Here are my latest compiled kernels for nougat pre-packed rooted tested and zipped on thier respective devices. I was having a glitch that was causing a panic due to the toolchains exidx arm unwind warnings causing the unwind not to work and rebooting evety few hours. All the goodies and extras are there invluding ntfs devtmpfs msdos usb otg msm-usb-otg a crap load of drivers governor hot plug its all there. So far 3 days no panic and going strong.

fast_charge is compiled but im still working on how to get sysfs to show it in sys/kernel/. New modules are included as well.

Edit:::::

I forgot to mention that i was able to temove the block that caused failures when compiling kernels or othet firmwares on your phone.

As a side note. Buildibg a kernel on your device can be easily achieved by un-tarring the source and running the build in the /sdcard folder.

Attachments

• root-boot-aristo2.zip
    14.4 MB · Views: 16
  • root-boot-k8+.zip
    14.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Danf2580

bowser001

Apr 3, 2008
[/

OK first thank you for your work. I flashed the new rom that you updated for me and it flashes just fine however it doesn't boot up all the way it gets stuck at the LG Powered by Android screen. BTW just make sure using twrp i flashed the original zip file and it boots up all the way. both the files/images are the same size when I download (1.82GB)

Last edited:

tecknight

Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
[/

OK first thank you for your work. I flashed the new rom that you updated for me and it flashes just fine however it doesn't boot up all the way it gets stuck at the LG Powered by Android screen. BTW just make sure using twrp i flashed the original zip file and it boots up all the way. both the files/images are the same size when I download (1.82GB)

OK, no problem. I have a new one on the way.

Reactions: bowser001

tecknight

Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T

bowser001

Apr 3, 2008
Here it is:
Aristo 2 Plus custom Nougat ROM. Based on firmware 10F.
otacerts.zip renamed to prevent any over the air updates from completing.
This ROM should remain at firmware 10F.
Download here:

Please let me know how this works for you @bowser001

Ok everything flashed just fine booted up normally and the true test will come tonight at midnight when it usually try’s to update. I will let you know.

ngocphuoc93

Apr 17, 2020
help ican flasshing G710NOP20k_00_OPEN_KR_OP_1220.kdz in LG G7 koare G7 U+
help me flashing ok but stuck logo help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC

Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC
    Requirements:
    • A PC running Windows with an internet connection
    Note: Full credit for unlocking LGUP developer mode and how to do it goes to @smitel. I used his thread here as a guide to modify LGUP.exe (from the 1.14.3 .msi) and the universal LGUP_c.dll (1.0.36.10) used by LG Bridge to flash all LG phones and embedded in the latest .kdz files. Since I modified the universal flashing DLL, this modded LGUP should function on most, if not all LG phones. I have successfully tested it on at least 8 different LG phone models. I would appreciate any feedback regarding functionality on any other LG phones.

1. Download LGUP_DualMode.zip from here:
    2. Extract LGUP_DualMode.zip to a folder on your PC.

3. Browse into the folder and launch LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi. Follow the prompts to complete the install.

4. Right click and select "Run as Administrator" on either:
    SetDev.bat To set LGUP to developer mode
    or
    SetUser.bat To set LGUP to end user mode​
    5. Launch LGUP using the desktop shortcut.
    Note: You may delete the .msi file from the folder. As long as you keep the other files, you can run SetDev.bat or SetUser.bat any time LGUP is not running to set the version of LGUP on your system.
    This is the Developer mode initial screen:
    62FokjtplQaQgCAR4Trhn_xzu5uekRevnGWGHZ74Rx2AsGsm3bNV5-MaaEN4iy-47spgjIKVAyNglh1Roh2li_hCjYpj_u1h1-1rbi0M8_rxZ7hDNdpNNeTF1Ti5qCqzK7eSY_7lhlwEkEDNDxyqDZDw1sRzrmJJqeIT41Rr1XXeTK0PFTN3cFCG_T8OI5AiSEXJ7I-zVhcVIkZGvR8FAL2D-kOOE2F5oPDYDs9Kni89tis3bNvtzYNymTzjpe9qyQvI1asGYTd-Q2oHtY411QDttlJ7HbtiEq7eUUW5gErDKxYUwnlNW5Gst8FO4vwjpK6PH4uZ2_QyqkOftQnxxRR0ehXLlg4pRhNdm4q2jCO8i-Av2Jg63-1SxLoUu1UbS0KMahF37GKjmfIZ4UjdGRzjfA5xL_xj0U5KV9IziJnUqCTUsha9bMsNA6DxOOUzDm7xWOfqVfqBr69bSTG--13N7A432pEv-ytcc5w__hvHt6QNaANp3QM-8DQSjKoLEHH-WxBEl_pA267Sekow10Zb4jJfR0WZeYLWb6K0umuL4qrD6CAcX5uMqbtlfdSN-MOI3OlDDeUSeIr6l-FOHRLjfr2UttArQzLAx_HQkuQD232jS1kh4clPPlt-aQKBgJ8nHjxPjlUOHze9lsD9AdmDmnHBEaKt=w675-h488-no

This is the DUMP option dialog:
    gF4vUsgJXpNsQM4HwRQyjwBDZxQ-nUbNcdWoVpR0y1dXpk7BGW5R1DLrA8VWxi9GoZ3mErYd0EyXtO_1RxgQy28aZEy5ZbsnsDCUs4x9qMGpqvJFRkdTjdjt_fQLqF62LREZUqrYeXmB0PW55QW-sn64jVtFVzSIFRJ0yqhGi0mJcN-HJHo-1vjDSyYetxR6_-gkl9Z1aXzr8X-uMUTnfSBF47bVbUI-pg7aLflSI_uJ9pEDCgQ7hi23dBRQ8Uhhqv1U-nGg4q5ZNLLEShlXxbwKLWcxrH2-hQkA1vdrk9jIAAhZlPmsB8ZpJaaVCIhI1UMv-Ew6prsr8cuWr8SL4iVdJ8IdR4TWrQao9TrKPiWBaAJKmnAbt1y6eiSYxfnJCq8j4nNxG69JLJYv-Z3-z65Ecb0QG_olaVf9zbBbwNwnXmRt-tZ68ff6u_HhzcrQ7SLXXuEbDPd8yUhF3YGPXB-GuG-AmNe3VcwMcagQa9QSpkZRjB5qecSjH0QZq4pXXS-7khXD-B08zTDywsUQR85RNXyRUpo4OeOWttXkPFeEtd50IGC7VbpKyfICwf20TSa5v-QWcyKSAa_X5Nk2UmDsv7bwEOu9xe6kd1H3=w674-h484-no

One of about 10 pages of PHONESETTINGs
    jPvAtwBAlEhZaujX8vXPwBJmoh2uxKyzK99foJAKxGVXC2mgVspwDWgoezCOhLjoJ_KuZdc1ktEzLFFNTcCGgRk40SVQ_ZUZqOyoY6JIk0_vf6Kq9GxbXghQrkQz1I3QzrN9Mg0J5GSZn_nDBm1rLNKMPZ77arzC_LGK2uewIvP2OY2ka-2HvuuATYb3YFmW3qunBAZ6nE3UUciC4Dh--_Fq18sqMp46OaX_-ljiEedY8wuZrOrFauqcdOziapHDbW4kBb4FsH_yYrluLhLAexycw0K1I3nU4ZW8NqS6h4gZ_H5uJc9tO-GXfaZage4I5cwB_reCLkGTW_4EnQWAEPjBrNaOeha3Vo-wVbUlMl8raqYwlMhISd1ZQOS9qTsFkWGkDW017g3xgFaJnQRG4AwdbJJDmJx3hPCPfExzf386yiln6uVqPMr-h_q-5rm7NlwUEEjvqsm9endfqJOIFydgZ68mRfECqbFKlS72lnvzoYKmjgNywjlShOSruRwEtNnt1URYpT1i0noqli76293VRwpS8FfYrC69Zad6HsYqNr79lnMpgz0WRZu9YDMqsl7IXpZrd4sJCFfATV7L3sPq62PFFn-xum3fwGkC=w720-h562-no

Developer Mode options and what they do:
    ChipErase: Can remove factory reset protection on older LG phones.
    PRL UPDATE: Writes and updates Preferred Roaming List on phone.
    PRL Read: Reads and displays Preferred Roaming List from phone.
    PHONESETTING: Useful and powerful but potentially dangerous. Displays several pages of mostly editable fields relating to the connected phone. There is a command button to read the data and another one to write the data back.
    Note: After using this option on your phone, even if you don't make any changes, it may be necessary to cold boot your phone to restore cellular data access.
    PARTITION DL: Very useful option. Requires selected .TOT or .KDZ file. Once started, will allow you to select which partition(s) from the selected .TOT or .KDZ file to flash to the connected phone. For instance, you could upgrade your system while retaining root by NOT flashing the boot partition.
    Update: This option is even more useful than I thought. It bypasses model checking, allowing you to crossflash a device with an image intended for another model, literally changing the model of the target device. This is useful when the same hardware is used for several different products, depending on the market or carrier. Just select your .KDZ or .TOT, click Start, then check All partitions.
    DUMP: Very useful. Once Started, shows a list of all partitions on the connected phone. Has a checkbox next to each. Check all partitions you want to back up. Then click OK and it will ask you which folder to place the files into. Select folder and LGUP will create a complete binary .img file for each selected partition. This can be used for backup or for data recovery purposes. I have already used this to recover files and pics from a phone where the owner had forgotten his PIN. Since a factory reset (to clear the PIN) would wipe his userdata, I dumped his data partition using this option, then did the factory reset. The image files can be restored directly using TWRP, fastboot or the dd command from a rooted shell.
    FOTA Upgrade: Allows you to Apply Firmware Over The Air update to phone.
    FAC Upgrade: Unknown, but it may refer to the Final Assembly Code, a 2 digit code that used to be part of the IMEI.
    Board DL: Unknown (likely destructive)

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.

_________
    Change Log:
    12/28/2018 Had to revert flashing .DLL back to 1.0.36.10. New version was getting DLL error message in LGUP.
    12/26/2018 Updated common flashing DLL to version 1.0.38.3. New DLL used in both stock (user) mode and modded DLL used in developer mode. This should ensure optimal support for all LG devices.
    11/12/2018 Found a significantly newer common flashing DLL, which should support more devices, ver 1.0.36.10. Newer DLL is now used in both stock (user) mode and modded DLL used in developer mode.
    7/19/2018 Added Run as Administrator to insure .bat files are able to copy files. I also changed the .bat files to check if the file copy failed.
    7/11/2018 Added update on Partition DL option and some additional screen shots of Dev options.
    7/5/2018 Created initial procedure.
    Install a pre-rooted ROM to your LG Aristo 2 / 2 + / Best root method

Install a pre-rooted ROM to your LG Aristo 2 / 2 + / Best root method
    Requirements:
    • An LG Aristo 2 or Aristo 2 plus
    • A PC running Windows with an internet connection, if you don't have TWRP already installed on your phone
    • A USB cable., if you don't have TWRP already installed on your phone
    Note: This procedure is currently my recommended method for rooting a cv1 device and the only method for a device already running Oreo

Note: If you have not already unlocked your phone for flashing, this procedure will wipe your userdata and cache partitions. If you want to retain your apps and settings, back up your data before you perform this procedure and restore your data after completing it.

Note: I would like to give credit for the idea and inspiration of using a TWRP flashable .zip to @NonStickAtom785. He started with an Aristo 1 flashable zip and was able to modify it to work on the Aristo 2, creating the first functional flashable ROM for the Aristo 2. When I was helping him to modify his update_script, I realized that using a TWRP flashable .zip will end up being a faster, easier and much more customizable method of rooting an Aristo 2 or Aristo 2 plus.

0. If you have already unlocked your bootloader and have TWRP installed, you can skip to step 13.

1. If you are currently running Oreo based firmware on your device and you do not already have TWRP installed, you will have to first downgrade your device to Nougat based firmware, before fastboot will let you flash TWRP.
    If your phone is an Aristo 2 (Metro by T-Mobile), I recommend firmware version 10K, available here:
    If your phone is an Aristo 2 plus (T-Mobile), you will need 10K for the Aristo 2 plus, available here:
    Once you have downloaded your .kdz image, flash it using these instructions:
    If you are already running a Nougat based firmware or after you have downgraded to Nougat based firmware, continue to step 2

2. Allow your phone to boot into Android normally.

3. On your phone, go to Settings->General->About Phone->Software Info. Click on Build Number 7 times. You have now enabled Developer Options

4. On your phone, go to Settings->Developer Options and Turn ON both OEM Unlock and USB debugging. Turn OFF Automatic System Updates. Click on Select USB Configuration and select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)

5. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.

6. On your PC, open a command prompt or power shell session in the folder where your adb and fastboot executables reside.

7. In your command prompt or power shell session, type"
    adb devices
    You should see:
    List of devices attached
    <SerialNumofPhone> device
    8. Now type:
    adb reboot bootloader
    9. You should see some text in very small letters on your phone. You are now in bootloader or fastboot mode.

10. Type this:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot will say this will wipe your data. Tell it to continue.
    Note: It's OK if you get a response saying flashing is already unlocked. Just proceed to the next step.

11. Download TWRP to your PC:
    TWRP 3.2.3.0 for cv1 devices with fstab mods (encryption related) and Oreo kernel
    I upgraded TWRP to 3.2.3.0 and made a couple of mods to make it less likely to glitch. I believe booting the same kernel for boot and recovery should result in a more stable experience.

Place the TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img file into the folder containing your adb and fastboot binaries.

12. Now flash TWRP. Type:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img
    You should see:
    target reported max download size of 262144000 bytes
    sending 'recovery' (17010 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.585s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [ 0.200s]
    finished. total time: 0.790s
    13. if you want Aristo 2 (Oreo firmware 20g, Metro by T-Mobile), download this:
    (Tec's Lightning ROM for Aristo 2 rel 2)
    or if you want Aristo 2 plus (Oreo firmware 20e, T-Mobile), download this
    (Tec's Lightning ROM for Aristo 2 plus beta 2)
    or if you want an Aristo 2 (Nougat firmware 10K, Metro PCS), download this (Tec's A2 rooted Nougat V4)
    or if you want an Aristo 2 plus (Nougat firmware 10J, T-Mobile), download this;
    Either download it directly to your phone or copy it to your phone once the download completes.

14. Remove the battery from your phone and disconnect the USB cable.

15. Re-insert the battery.

16. Hold the Vol - on your phone and press the power button.
    As soon as you see the LG logo, quickly release and repress the power button.
    Hold both buttons until you see a Factory Data Reset dialog.
    Release both buttons and use the vol keys to highlight Yes.
    Press the power button. Now use the vol keys to select Yes again and then press the power button.
    Your phone will now boot into TWRP.
    Note: If you boot into TWRP and find that the touch screen is not responding, and your screen image has shifted slightly, you may have an incompatible bootloader. Try flashing 0ne of these TWRP images instead:
    TWRP with Pre-10L kernel:
    TWRP with 10L kernel:
    17. If this is your first time booting into TWRP, Swipe to allow modifications.

18. Now select INSTALL, then browse to the flashable .zip file you downloaded in step 12.
    Swipe to confirm flash. TWRP will install the ROM to your phone.
    You should see something resembling this:
    Code:
    ////////////////////////////////////
    //  LG Binary ROM installer v5    //
    //         By TecKnight           //
    //--------------------------------//
    // Tecs Aristo 2 rooted Oreo ROM v4 //
    // This should flash in about 1.5 min //
    // Removed LG RCTD, added parted //
    ////////////////////////////////////

Wiping encryption key, if any.
    Wiping cache partition...
    Creating filesystem with parameters:
        Size: 536870912
        Block size: 4096
        Blocks per group: 32768
        Inodes per group: 8192
        Inode size: 256
        Journal blocks: 2048
        Label: 
        Blocks: 131072
        Block groups: 4
        Reserved block group size: 31
    Created filesystem with 11/32768 inodes and 4206/131072 blocks
    Wiping dalvik-cache folder...
    about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 4 args
    rm: can't remove '/data/dalvik-cache/*': No such file or directory
    run_program: child exited with status 1
    Pre-Formatting System partition.
    Creating filesystem with parameters:
        Size: 3707764736
        Block size: 4096
        Blocks per group: 32768
        Inodes per group: 8096
        Inode size: 256
        Journal blocks: 14144
        Label: 
        Blocks: 905216
        Block groups: 28
        Reserved block group size: 223
    Created filesystem with 11/226688 inodes and 30171/905216 blocks
    Inserting custom bootanimation...
    Running: mv /OP/MPCS_US/poweron/bootanimation.zip /OP/MPCS_US/poweron/bta.zip
    Inserting custom shutdownanimation...
    Running: mv /OP/MPCS_US/poweroff/shutdownanimation.zip /OP/MPCS_US/poweroff/sda.zip
    Extracting and flashing aboot image...
    Extracting and flashing abootbak image...
    Extracting and flashing apdp image...
    Extracting and flashing cmnlib image...
    Extracting and flashing cmnlibbak image...
    Extracting and flashing cmnlib64 image...
    Extracting and flashing cmnlib64bak image...
    Extracting and flashing devcfg image...
    Extracting and flashing devcfgbak image...
    Extracting and flashing dsp image...
    Extracting and flashing factory image...
    Extracting and flashing keymaster image...
    Extracting and flashing keymasterbak image...
    Extracting and flashing laf image...
    Extracting and flashing lafbak image...
    Extracting and flashing modem image...
    Extracting and flashing msadp image...
    Extracting and flashing persist image...
    Extracting and flashing raw_resources image...
    Extracting and flashing raw_resourcesbak image...
    Extracting and flashing rct image...
    Extracting and flashing recoverybak image...
    Extracting and flashing rpm image...
    Extracting and flashing rpmbak image...
    Extracting and flashing sbl1 image...
    Extracting and flashing sbl1bak image...
    Extracting and flashing sec image...
    Truncating string cache entries.
    Extracting and flashing tz image...
    Extracting and flashing tzbak image...
    Extracting and flashing patched boot image [A2PatchedOreoBoot.img]...
    Extracting and flashing custom system image [a2patchedsystem.img]...
    This will take about 1 minute to complete...

/////////////////////////////////////
    //         Imaging Successful      //
    //                                 //
    /////////////////////////////////////

The flash should complete in about 1 minute and 20 seconds.

Reboot System when done. You should see the new boot animation as your phone boots into Android. Your phone will be rooted and have Magisk installed.

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.

FYI: Some useful information about the script that installs the ROM.
    1. It automatically detects any encrypted partitions (userdata or cache), then wipes the encryption key and reformats the affected partitions as unencrypted, prior to installing the ROM.
    2. Unlike 99% of all update_script's, this script flashes binary images to all] partitions. This makes the script MUCH shorter and more efficient, as no set file property commands are needed. It also makes it very easy to create a flashable .zip from a running system.
    3. The script now flashes every partition that LGUP flashes when updating the firmware on a phone, except for the recovery partition. It also flashes 3 partitions that LGUP does not flash. This means that flashing this zip is equivalent to flashing your phone with LGUP, then flashing a patched boot and system partition. The boot and system partitions are the only partitions not flashed with a stock image, Here are some details as to which partitions are flashed by this flashable script vs. LGUP. Please feel free to post any comments you feel are relevant:

Information about the Lightning ROMs (Aristo 2 & Aristo 2 plus).

New versions of each released 06/06/2019

Features of this ROM:
    1. Based on the latest Oreo firmware for each phone..
    2. Encryption has been disabled and will be eliminated if it exists on the target phone.
    3. LG's resource hogging Root Checking Tool has been removed from the boot image and disabled in the system image.
    4. The boot image has been rooted using the latest systemless Magisk release.
    5. Numerous unneeded system and privileged apps, which are normally not removable, have been removed, freeing up a great deal of space on the phone and significantly reducing processor overhead. This makes the phone run faster and respond more quickly.
    6. LG's system update has been deauthorized by changes in the system image. This means there is no chance a system update will brick your phone or undo the changes made by this ROM.
    7. The full screen "Code Red" bootup splash screen has been eliminated. In it's place is a much less noticeable and smaller text message in small yellow letters.

_________
    Change Log:
    2/16/2020 Changed link to TWRP image as androidfilehost somehow lost the image,
    12/27/2019 Changed link to LGUP vs Flashing utility to allow comments on the target spreadsheet.
    07/02/2019 Changed downgrade firmware link for Aristo 2 plus to an AndroidFileHost URL as lg-firmwares.com links are no longer reliable. Thanks to @Mor Headroom for bringing it to my attention.
    06/07/2019 Added updated links for new releases of the Lightning ROMs for Aristo 2 and Aristo 2 plus.
    06/02/2019 Clarified downgrade instructions and added firmware link for Aristo 2 plus firmware 10k. Added links for Lightning ROMs for Aristo 2 and Aristo 2 plus.
    01/17/2019 Added new TWRP 3.2.3.0 image using Oreo kernel. This appears to fix the unresponsive touchscreen issues that had ocasionally occurred.
    12/31/2018 Added new Aristo 2 plus Oreo ROM V2. Updated Aristo 2 Oreo flashable .zip to V4.
    12/26/2018 Added detailed instructions for users currently running stock Oreo firmware. Updated Oreo flashable .zip to V3.
    12/24/2018 Added Aristo 2 rooted Oreo flashable .zip V2 to flashable ROM list.
    11/30/2018 Updated Aristo 2 flashable .zip to version 4. Modified description of image to reflect content.
    11/27/2018 Updated Aristo 2 flashable .zip to version 3a. Modified description of image to reflect content.
    11/25/2018 Updated Aristo 2 flashable .zip to version 3. Modified description of image to reflect content.
    11/23/2018 Added Aristo 2 plus flashable .zip version 2.
    11/22/2018 Updated Aristo 2 flashable .zip to version 2b.
    11/21/2018 Updated Aristo 2 flashable .zip to version 2a.
    11/20/2018 Updated Aristo 2 flashable .zip to version 2.
    11/19/2018 Created initial procedure.
    Root your LG Aristo 2/2+/K8+, remove encryption/verity & install TWRP and Magisk

Root your LG Aristo 2/2+/K8+, remove encryption/verity & install TWRP and Magisk
    Requirements:
    • An LG Aristo 2 / 2 + / K8 +
    • A PC running Windows with an internet connection.
    • A USB cable.
    Note: This procedure is deprecated for several reasons, the most important one being that fastboot will not flash a partition on a cv1 device running the latest (Oreo) firmware.
    I recommend this procedure instead:

However, if your phone is currently running Android 7 (Nougat) based firmware, this procedure will still work.

1. On your phone, go to Settings->General->About Phone->Software Info. Click on Build Number 7 times. You have now enabled Developer Options

2. On your phone, go to Settings->Developer Options and Turn ON both OEM Unlock and USB debugging. Turn OFF Automatic System Updates. Click on Select USB Configuration and select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)

3. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.

4. On your PC, open a command prompt or power shell session in the folder where your adb and fastboot executables reside.

5. In your command prompt or power shell session, type"
    adb devices
    You should see:
    List of devices attached
    <SerialNumofPhone> device
    6. Now type:
    adb reboot bootloader
    7. You should see some text in very small letters on your phone. You are now in bootloader or fastboot mode.

8. Currently, Magisk stable and beta versions are the same (17.1).
    If you have a MetroPCS Aristo 2, firmware 10K or earlier, download this file:
    or if you have a MetroPCS Aristo 2, firmware 10L or later, download this file:
    Special note for Aristo 2 owners running 10L or later: I have personally and I have had reports from others who have experienced boot loops after flashing the 10L or later patched boot image. Others have reported success using this image. If you do experience boot loops after flashing the 10L or later boot image, I recommend the following:

or if you have a T-Mobile Aristo 2 plus, download this:

or if you have a US Cellular K8 plus, download this:
    Download this file as well:
    9. Place both files into the folder where your adb and fastboot executables reside. Make sure they are named exactly as listed above.

10. Type the following in the command prompt or power shell session:
    fastboot devices
    You should see:
    <SerialNumofPhone> fastboot
    11. Type this:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot will say this will wipe your data. Tell it to continue.
    Now we need to erase the userdata and cache partitions to prevent fastboot from encrypting them. Type:
    fastboot erase userdata
    You should see:
    ******** Did you mean to fastboot format this ext4 partition?
    erasing 'userdata'...
    OKAY [ 0.031s]
    finished. total time: 0.031s
    Now type:
    fastboot erase cache
    You should see:
    ******** Did you mean to fastboot format this ext4 partition?
    erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [ 0.031s]
    finished. total time: 0.031s
    12. Now that you are unlocked, flash the rooted boot image. Depending on the file you downloaded above, type:
    fastboot flash boot 10K_M171_EVD.img
    or
    fastboot flash boot 10L_M173_EVD.img
    or
    fastboot flash boot RB_M171_EVD_A2P.img
    or
    fastboot flash boot RB_M171_EVD_K8P.img

You should see:
    sending 'boot' (15210 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.585s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [ 0.200s]
    13. Now flash TWRP. Type:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    You should see:
    sending 'recovery' (17010 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.585s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [ 0.200s]
    14. Now reboot back to Android. Type:
    fastboot reboot
    Note: Your bootup screen will now look like this:

d0xh83j9oG4Ym5juWqmRiNGVvpF4uEhywB_ufkTudguuDevhpdGBPXE4TbfJIGzZUFjCrO6uSV6z4e12j7Yzts6BEnR8jn82zVibAXY8KEGunwBtuclS-ymwGi9HcGhsWCmtmX1JMpnk2x4Nif4gsX6gfu1EXHmAJwBuLjA6WB-higuOYnwZLRgGvgEHepLv1_kK9urQcVyHpkbx_ooSsg1Mhea99kqnEcLzCt7495O1WhN8DCihMoxIh9Gh8hRBtbkDYk0QyPRADtWN97kJ5FdrS9GzA_qeuieERL-5SDX2Bnme931OW1bSqh7nUk0AlWCGkg7KFcaVcLb-7uZRcWdmor6-AxX4gQSML3z5Pw_B8vy7gkIKKncdS3K-edKhbfAE1Br3fhGYkmgU4dlsgBrN9Ge-4ImkG8hv9IEY3_E7KhwJmD8dP6q3U0JY7ToFch6KBjwjGARjM1SmYhrmmU0rF25nD8HO69hZhw9WLqX5L7b0Y5dFBTXh5ghzA7lrZTz4j5R69zosfubqtPrF8N1U_6DmZfo_lRPLpIqEcj-x9pJGrlEr3rxb8yl6T45dIwxi3wvzNddqMSZsXteY6jszm5nphHbd40r-OS1A=w156-h279-no

This message does not indicate a problem. This is the normal bootup screen of the Aristo 2, once the bootloader is unlocked. DO NOT lock the bootloader or your phone will then refuse to boot.
    Note: Since we had to wipe userdata, Android will boot up with the setup wizard, just like the first time the phone was booted.

15. Once you get past the setup wizard, repeat steps 1 and 2, as most of our settings have been reset back to defaults. After completing steps 1 and 2, return to step 16.

16. Download the following file and copy it to your phone's Download folder:
    Magisk-v17.1.zip --> Magisk 17.1 installation .zip

17. On your PC, go to your command prompt or power shell and type:
    adb reboot recovery
    Your phone will now boot into TWRP for the first time.

18. On your phone, Swipe to allow modifications.

19. Now select INSTALL, then browse into the Download folder and select your Magisk install .zip.
    Swipe to confirm flash. TWRP will install Magisk on your system.

20. Now, select Reboot System.
    Your phone will boot back into Android. Your phone should now be rooted, unencrypted and have Magisk and TWRP installed.

21. Confirm that Magisk is installed and working. Look for the Magisk Manager icon on your android desktop. The icon looks like this:
    com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg

If you can't find the icon, download and install the app from here:

22. Click on the Magisk Manager icon to launch it. You should see a screen resembling the following:
    ux10ZiE15p3pO_M7sSwN5Ev_R9rIRp8Zx38XsFPrvcG8coiR49gG9Tm9QkulUEZgNGYIabnOzXhKr17eds4rMLKJ10LhgMq9VDulxKWDdS6sRK5GbGeRw_je2hXfHLXVMziJ4cux6pBR2-0xU5Zg9uvcxQkXurI1iYHaE67D79_3n1Eb_2jUDk8wOseqP5Scm3Fp0sh8cC0z2ywBYFUGCdtOI0HxE4D6teUmxAm-g-aXdeBRz9wWszNS3wiHrgJTAzD-iKBbfNscT8FDx5FQxuox6fwrkxEEAKtVvsacuJb_dSi_azL2XQkKRKlD1tW-UU8NDaQ7yBEl_69vz1d989T3Q38gbchmj7ZFXU6oxQspOcfpmjBXjNdwENG7aEemnZAavdueL_t40G36s8YZywSDCOmSlvJtQQYJ995MUJnJoNcYa6wVaPHGezAIQawfK8-juaBj7Gz81edDD4Ki_6PxL-cnOFBNumwtTWvlwF0jnHExoLl_rDJ5NN-tUyXzA8TLL33YGFkr-rzpAaZGJ6ggoDeiGWFzao3kc_H6ziqzkjtnCoMLjW-HP_QyKNr8nOwYaetbNKJ4dm9pTz8JAOSV6DygnZcFL3tSZHeF=w349-h620-no

You should have the 2 green check marks at the top, with the version showing as 17.1.
    Under Advanced Settings, both Preserve options should be unchecked.
    If you don't have the green check marks, click Install, then install again, then Direct Install (Recommended).
    If you want to keep the latest Magisk beta on your phone, click on the 3 horizontal lines and select Settings, click on Update Channel and select Beta.

23. Once Magisk is installed, I recommend you check out the multitude of cool, mostly rooted apps available from the Magisk repo. Click on the 3 horizontal lines and select Downloads, then browse thru the large list of apps that are available.
    TvCraqSe1YASuEktZJjz4auK86jU-DE3qPEEtE0kzIB-Snbks8ZBQfK9-naCMigeRX_NWoYf2RhTHISu0Y-uhwG9tjwo4BzAbKwTFYZgr12b2SA4NDIcCt1Duy4pUa605ssUGxNhZf_hIjATK9LLiAJqMoqg8VUOBHCYhqYlfINEoFYEhkb54pfqIIxiqOdugsRzfEbUl-7R4RIFHN3nJT2TkObnDPt1d3d1F81PN_J7To2Qz1qgACQpKS9HQQYhEtp6frdkOY9zcYcZBKztG2Y6jOUyo2gYi7hZSp47exnu6RMQqrAUrrE4_5sdow08y6WJ6mPoqx7Pq_YbI2FdanASSAuqVzNr7Opy7ZC1qXUmfMH-m-AZiTE4LZ4VqcVsRYycCVT1jvbT5libVO68mrwbO2mkPqg_0thirUpPPUIROFclG5CJwcPKUgcNG-sEHM3urCWTVq9leiu2pUdKhm8HuBroYIjamczr3KuJ7HsnKzZTesqmmgREPbgo15NVIGzd8ytFlvO_fabVJaD5vqJu-r6Z2ohKJttSSV4wkNgEH3Kdw2HuoLjKCRfKkr45Z5e6F4g2LJIZQ6YS5dXojGnLxIQkkcKsyXiaA6DL=w349-h620-no

BmM76Tex9cH2UYzRNzh4NRjznGpSOkl7Jdv_WagNMP7ss67rme952YZV0DsK9TO08rNA33O6vaFhu5RZn0M7BRHspM7PLW4vfRT5LE8rWwzFvqf3Jvy_QAfQZs24yc6R0wRA9rpGXmHr2l2ynX_xIehqCtSd6olRkDlnoBn6uDej5FbEJZd1xApkykMHYItFi4e8-wQHZWNTiwX6rjoF1Gzg35g3e-s39pJBM844geMsaitfgnD3xTr4rt75ByCf0WJF-ZXkXKJ4y2KfAUlGkuOoi1_u59CDnOyWhk2q01KQsW5dI4utWp5HqMLEg4jGIER6e4tVzCdLf4J7iX3O3sGjR3wrzNqcuoWoKWMlLGcApiyLYMgil-zXW3sYJqtucVLMulw_QqJzM5ILlPfAr7VhW7DSooDSBxkiJxaknX3zhGyPttJTuY2AgCAC9SFGgNIWzNfk30GCnnsOzQx5J-JuEC6WFihobnpe0YECeD0_UzqAiMUz8Co_KNMsg7BmrczgSMGm7Zy_mn0m9bIXsW7ac7qm9o91lkLBD2sAaYiV7c6E29PjM3wTF_HiR-B8_6Bm9iv5g816tn3Ddu425idmhEXhxIl-rq4_sYqN=w362-h642-no

_________
    Change Log:
    02/03/2019 Added note that this procedure is deprecated.
    11/22/2018 Added link to flashing rooted image with TWRP as alternative.
    11/19/2018 Added specific note and instructions when running Aristo 2 version 10L or later. Thanks to @Dillmiester for showing me that I was not the only one having issues with 10L.
    10/20/2018 Changed all of the custom file downloads from Google Drive to androidfilehost.com.
    9/18/2018 Added K8 plus patched boot image. Thanks to @RandoSwift for providing the stock K8 plus boot image.
    9/3/2018 Updated Magisk installer and Magisk manager links to reflect current versions (17.1 and 5.9.1). I also updated the patched boot images to 17.1 and linked to those images.
    8/4/2018 Added a picture of the bootloader unlocked warning that displays when the phone is booted.
    8/2/2018 Added newest version of TWRP for Aristo 2 by @Armandop_. It now pulls the correct date/time.
    8/2/2018 Added Aristo 2 plus patched boot image. Thanks to @SteelH for providing the stock Aristo 2 plus boot image.
    7/23/2018 Changed Magisk beta boot image and installation .zip to ver 16.7.
    7/15/2018 Removed LG root checking tool from both boot images and changed Magisk beta boot image to ver 16.6.
    7/3/2018 Made changes to allow user to choose to install either Magisk 16 released or Magisk 16.4 beta. Thanks to @GotHeart for information regarding Magisk 16.4 beta.
    6/27/2018 Made several changes when I determined that fastboot was creating encrypted userdata and cache partitions whenever flashing lock state was changed. Ultimately, I was able to simplify this procedure, as I can now guarantee that step 14 will create a non-encrypted userdata and cache filesystem. This allowed me to eliminate several subsequent steps. Thanks to @tge101 for identifying this issue.
    5/21/2018 Created initial procedure.
    Click the description below to pull up the detailed post
    More tutorials coming soon !!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Tec's Lightning ROM for Aristo 2 / 2 plus, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    tecknight
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: An LG Aristo 2 (MPCS) or Aristo 2 plus (T-Mobile)
    Based On: LG Stock firmware

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v20g-rel
    Stable Release Date: 2019-06-06
    Current Beta Version: v20k-beta1
    Beta Release Date: 2019-12-03

Created 2019-10-21
    Last Updated 2019-12-04
    List of LG cv1 devices with Model number and common name

List of LG cv1 devices with Model number and common name
    Note: In theory, all of these devices should be rootable with the procedures described in this thread and crossflashable to any other cv1 device using LGUP Dual mode (Dev)

I was able to compile this list using data obtained from the LG open source website:

LMX210APM - Phoenix 4
    LMX210BM - K9
    LMX210BMW - K9
    LMX210CM - Fortune 2
    LMX210CMR - Fortune 2
    LMX210EM - K9
    LMX210EMW - K9
    LMX210FM - K9
    LMX210HM - K9
    LMX210IMW - K9
    LMX210JM - K9
    LMX210K - K9
    LMX210L - X2
    LMX210MA - Aristo 2
    LMX210MAB - Aristo 2
    LMX210NM - K9
    LMX210NMW - K9
    LMX210RM - K9
    LMX210S - X2/ K9
    LMX210ULM - K8 +
    LMX210ULMA - K8 +
    LMX210ULMG - K8
    LMX210VPP - Zone 4
    LMX210WM - K9
    LMX210YMW - K9
    LMX210ZM - K9
    LMX212TA - Aristo 2 +
    LMX212TAL - Aristo 2 +