Teclast T30 T1P2 Root

Search This thread

PandaKiller

Sep 21, 2008
Lisboa / Leiria
Is just me or this tablet have low frame rate scrolling?
I have checked the screen refresh rate and is fifty something, which is less than 60fps.
Is there a way to set refresh rate to 60fps?

kosrica

Jan 4, 2015
I have noticed the same thing, the page scrolling is quite slow compared to other phones/tablets.
However there is another more annoying thing that is driving me crazy i.e. the pull down notification bar activates randomly without any touches or user interaction.
Please see the video below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8iG6KUrqDTnvBfUU6

Do you experience this issue? It might be a hardware or a software problem?

PandaKiller

Sep 21, 2008
Lisboa / Leiria
I don't have ghost touchs, but I believe the touch quality is not good. I have enable the touch coordinates in development mode, and I realize that the touch step is 4 pixels. That's why the scroll feels strange.
Another anointing thing is the sensitivity. I bought a Tempered glass and I had to remove it because I couldn't write a message using a keyboard, without losing some touches.
I hope that a firmware update may fix this issues.

francykr8

Dec 6, 2010
I have the same problem....low touch sensivity, the tablet it's arrived with tempered glass and I was thinking to remove, because it's hard to write and you lost some touches, is it possible to write to teclast? Because tablet it's good but this need an update of the software

PandaKiller

Sep 21, 2008
Lisboa / Leiria

rosztrade

Mar 16, 2013
Just wonder can I use my quick charge 3 charger to charge this tablet ? In other words does more voltage than 5v will burn this tablet ?

D

Deleted member 4370975

I have a Teclast T30 T1P4, yes T1P4. Developer Options->OEM Unlock, fastboot flashing unlock, used SCREEN TO CONFIRM, unlocked now. Going to need a TWRP but I've not delved into compiling TWRP.

Teclast T30 T1P4:
(Up to date as of 1/21/2019, v1.01_20190906). I did make the mistake of flashing the wrong recovery img. So if anyone can tell me how to grab latest full firmware, would appreciate that. X_x; Currently flashed it with the recovery from a T1P2 firmware in hopes that if something does go wrong, maybe the T1P2 recovery img will maybe not crash and burn.

Trying to find a way to backup the current boot.img and then Magisk-patch it. Thought for ****s and giggles to try a T1P2 boot.img (boot-only) and it simply rebooted. (MTK Droid Tools just does not work for me, despite drivers, etc. SP Flash Tool needs a Scatter File I do not have.)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4370975

Teclast T30 T1P4:
(Up to date as of 1/21/2019, v1.01_20190906).

Managed to get root and Magisk on my T1P4.

Enabled Developer Options
Enabled OEM Unlock
Rebooted into Fastboot
Issued 'fastboot flashing unlock'
Followed instructions on Tablet Screen to Confirm Unlock
Used firmware from T1P2's Scatter File with SP Flash Tool to dump ROM except for recovery, mine is herpderped.
Copied boot.img (backup from SP Flash Tool) to internal storage of Tablet.
Made Magisk patch boot.img, kept encryption and verity.
Backed up magisk_patched.img.
Rebooted into Fastboot.
Issued 'fastboot erase boot' followed by 'fastboot flash boot ./magisk_patched.img'.

Success. :) (Noting that ctsProfile:true and basicIntegrity: true)

I verified boot.img was correctly identified before doing all of this, manual observation and a lot of Linux years (but newish to Android). I wouldn't trust the Scatter File from T1P2 until independently verified by someone other than myself. Couldn't get MTKDT to work at all on Linux.
Will manually patch my boot to get rid of Orange State.

Reactions: volamaster
D

Deleted member 4370975

I've also manually patched lk and flashed to my lk and lk2 to rid it of Orange State. If I could figure out how to extract the kernel from lk I'd just bypass the 5s delay altogether.

D

Deleted member 4370975

Forcibly removed Adups FOTA spyware including Adups FOTA Overlay. Backed up before. Part of it gets restored by vendor.img, but not enough to be harmful.

Does ANYONE have recovery.img from T1P4? Trying to port TWRP..

tiltkoko

Aug 21, 2012
Oslo
When I got my T1P4 it rebooted a few seconds after turning off the screen. Eventually got $25 rebate for it.
Then I flashed a magisk patched T1P2 boot.img and installed busybox, and now it works 100% without rebooting.

D

Deleted member 4370975

When I got my T1P4 it rebooted a few seconds after turning off the screen. Eventually got $25 rebate for it.
Then I flashed a magisk patched T1P2 boot.img and installed busybox, and now it works 100% without rebooting.

Do you have a backup of your recovery.img? If so, I can start work on porting TWRP. Desperately need it. (Riru, soft-brick.) Also, you could have used Magisk to patch your current boot.img and copied to sdcard, then flashed that instead.

---

For those who have patched a few things, remember to also patch lk.img (lk, lk2) to report Green state instead of Orange by patching androidboot.verifiedbootstate=orange to androidboot.verifiedbootstate=green (replace 'e' with nullbyte.) That way if Magisk takes a crap on you and you need to run stock boot.img, you'll hopefully continue to get ctsProfile: true, basicIntegrity: true.

---

Anyone else spot this? Tap 5 times:
Code:
Settings:System->Advanced:About tablet:Device info:Cpu type

D

Deleted member 4370975

Managed to build a MagiskInit64 CORE-ONLY and patched boot.img. (That way if your Magisk is boot-looping you because of a bad mod, you can boot with root and all modules disabled.) If interested, ask and I'll find a filehost. T1P4-only.

kosrica

Jan 4, 2015
Any custom firmware available for this tablet? Or someone has a set of clear steps with download links to reinstall the original firmware from teclast?
My unit has ghost touches on the display and maybe an installation from scratch will fix it, worth to try it at least...

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there no way to root without unlocking the bootloader first?

Unlocking bootloader is useless for 90% of users
    Why ?:
    - Only for fastboot commands
    - Unlocking bootloader avoid warranty

You can do lot of things without unlock:
    - Install TWRP (with Upgradetool)
    - Install custom system, logo, boot, etc ... with upgradetool

and
    You can root without unlock:

- Download firmware (T1P2) from teclast website and unpack in PC folder, ex: "T30_firm".
    - Download and install "MTK_USB_All_v1.0.8" for MTK drivers (search on google)
    - Connect your T30 to PC with usb
    - In "T30_firm/firmware" folder, copy "boot-verified.img" to you T30
    - Install magisk manager on your T30 an launch it
    - Choose install magisk by "patch a file", choose your "boot-verified.img" and wait
    - Now, you have a "magisk-patched.img" file in download folder
    - Copy "magisk-patched.img" on your "T30_firm" folder PC
    - Launch "Upgrade tools.exe" in "T30_firm/upgrade tool" folder
    - Unselect all "img" files
    - Select only "boot" line and choose your "magisk-patched.img" (click on same line, "location" column)
    - Shutdown your T30 (allways connected to pc)
    - Clic on "download" in upgrade tool and wait for big popup with green "V"

You can disconnect you T30 and boot.
    Open magisk manager, "tada !" magisk is ready :)
    Hello

T1P4 firmware is available on Teclast china : http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/putcode.html
    enter T1P4 and you will have baidu link for it (extract code: 2tbe)

Carefull on this firmware:
    modem and efs partitions may be different to your tab (europe/us versions)

but you can take recovery and boot verified img from this firmware.
    :)
    Recovery

Ok. Here is T1P4 recovery partition copied with dd.