FORUMS

TOAD - The Open-Source Android Deodexer

6,711 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,555

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 29th September 2018, 10:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 3.1. Just Uploaded!
30th September 2018, 10:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,425

More
@Ticklefish - Thanks for this. My first try: everything smooth, no errors, zip created, but nothing was deodexed. All of the files in the zip are the same as the original ones, apks and odex folders.
Xperia X Compact, latest stock 8.0...
The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift levone1 Ad-Free
30th September 2018, 11:28 PM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by levone1

@Ticklefish - Thanks for this. My first try: everything smooth, no errors, zip created, but nothing was deodexed. All of the files in the zip are the same as the original ones, apks and odex folders.
Xperia X Compact, latest stock 8.0...

Ah, my first customer! And it's gone wrong already!

This is good, in a strange way. I did some dummy runs with an Oreo system dump while I was making this and everything seemed to work just fine. If your files aren't deodexing, I need to know why.
Could you please share your files, including your log.txt? I'll go through them on my side and see if I can work out a solution.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 02:42 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1,425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

This is good, in a strange way. I did some dummy runs with an Oreo system dump while I was making this and everything seemed to work just fine. If your files aren't deodexing, I need to know why.
Could you please share your files, including your log.txt? I'll go through them on my side and see if I can work out a solution.

OK. I won't be at the computer until tomorrow, but will do. I'll try again also...
The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift levone1 Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 01:47 PM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by levone1

OK. I won't be at the computer until tomorrow, but will do. I'll try again also...

If you can, that would be very handy. I'm trying it right now with a system dump I found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...8-0-0-t3712009 (thanks to @Reb0rn for uploading it). I've had to make my own build.prop file to get it to work as that's not in the dump but that shouldn't cause any problems.
TOAD is on file 73 of 225 so far but everything seems to be working as it should. The APK's are all having their classes.dex files put in them correctly.

It's not impossible that something goes wrong when the flashable ZIP is constructed, so I'll just have to wait for it all to be finished.

Watch this space...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 02:01 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

If you can, that would be very handy. I'm trying it right now with a system dump I found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...8-0-0-t3712009 (thanks to @Reb0rn for uploading it). I've had to make my own build.prop file to get it to work as that's not in the dump but that shouldn't cause any problems.
TOAD is on file 73 of 225 so far but everything seems to be working as it should. The APK's are all having their classes.dex files put in them correctly.

It's not impossible that something goes wrong when the flashable ZIP is constructed, so I'll just have to wait for it all to be finished.

Watch this space...

Sir i also tried the tool for services.jar to deodex i coppied all the concerned files as you mentioned but haven't successful coz the zip contain same services.jar file and its relevant vdex file. The same thing as other user reported. I will try to send you the zip in the evening.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
1st October 2018, 02:44 PM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by msubhani

Sir i also tried the tool for services.jar to deodex i coppied all the concerned files as you mentioned but haven't successful coz the zip contain same services.jar file and its relevant vdex file. The same thing as other user reported. I will try to send you the zip in the evening.

I've finished processing the files I mentioned earlier. It's a 8.0 rom so uses 26.bat in the Method_Files folder. There was a file that couldn't be deodexed but those that could have the classes.dex files in them. The oat folder is still in the framework folder, which it shouldn't be. So I need to make a slight change there which I'll do. Once I've tested it again, I'll update the batch file here.
If you share your files, that would be helpful. Especially your logs.txt.
1st October 2018, 02:53 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

I've finished processing the files I mentioned earlier. It's a 8.0 rom so uses 26.bat in the Method_Files folder. There was a file that couldn't be deodexed but those that could have the classes.dex files in them. The oat folder is still in the framework folder, which it shouldn't be. So I need to make a slight change there which I'll do. Once I've tested it again, I'll update the batch file here.
If you share your files, that would be helpful. Especially your logs.txt.

Yup you are right. I will send you log

1st October 2018, 03:28 PM |#19  
I've just uploaded version 1.0.0.1 to the downloads tab. This is exactly the same as the previous version, except one line in Method_Files\26.bat is slightly different. This ensures the framework/oat folder is deleted if all the boot JAR files in framework are deodexed.
It's a relatively simple thing but it could stop the phone from booting so worth doing.

Because it's such a small change, if you've already downloaded TOAD, you can download the new version...or just download the new BAT file. Which I've uploaded as well.
1st October 2018, 04:45 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

I've just uploaded version 1.0.0.1 to the downloads tab. This is exactly the same as the previous version, except one line in Method_Files\26.bat is slightly different. This ensures the framework/oat folder is deleted if all the boot JAR files in framework are deodexed.
It's a relatively simple thing but it could stop the phone from booting so worth doing.

Because it's such a small change, if you've already downloaded TOAD, you can download the new version...or just download the new BAT file. Which I've uploaded as well.

no success sir. log attached. oat folder still in zip. PM you one link please see.
Attached Files
File Type: txt LOG.txt - [Click for QR Code] (30.3 KB, 36 views)
1st October 2018, 05:09 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:

bro sorry where is download link?
i didnt found it.
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)