FORUMS

TOAD - The Open-Source Android Deodexer

6,711 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,555

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 29th September 2018, 10:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 3.1. Just Uploaded!
1st October 2018, 05:09 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Ah, my first customer! And it's gone wrong already!

This is good, in a strange way. I did some dummy runs with an Oreo system dump while I was making this and everything seemed to work just fine. If your files aren't deodexing, I need to know why.
Could you please share your files, including your log.txt? I'll go through them on my side and see if I can work out a solution.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA1 using XDA Labs

bro sorry where is download link?
i didnt found it.
thanks
1st October 2018, 05:10 PM |#22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by msubhani

no success sir. log attached. oat folder still in zip. PM you one link please see.

Your log says this:
Code:
[email protected] --- Deodexing Process Started

ABI detected as: "arm64"
API level detected as: "26"
"26.bat" to be used

-----------

Processing file 1 of 122 - "Your_Files\framework\oat\arm64\allshare.odex"
Processing "Error"
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2105344KB object heap

ERROR!!!! DEODEXING FAILED!!!!
And it says that for all your files.

In 26.bat, we're only allowing 2056 MB for the files..
Code:
java -Xmx2056m -jar Tool_Files\baksmali.jar deodex -c boot.oat -d Your_Files\framework\%TOAD_ABI% Your_Files\%1\%2\oat\%TOAD_ABI%\%2.odex -o Tool_Files\out >>log.txt 2>&1
So, before we do anything else, we probably need to change that. I'll change it to 4112MB instead.
Code:
java -Xmx4112m -jar Tool_Files\baksmali.jar deodex -c boot.oat -d Your_Files\framework\%TOAD_ABI% Your_Files\%1\%2\oat\%TOAD_ABI%\%2.odex -o Tool_Files\out >>log.txt 2>&1
Try downloading the attached ZIP file and copying the contents into the "Method_Files" folder. Then try running the tool again and let me know what happens.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 26.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.7 KB, 44 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 05:19 PM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidreza2010

bro sorry where is download link?
i didnt found it.
thanks

It's in the downloads tab at the top of the page. I'm using a DevDB-style thread so you have to be on a desktop view to see it.
1st October 2018, 05:24 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:

It's in the downloads tab at the top of the page. I'm using a DevDB-style thread so you have to be on a desktop view to see it.

thanks bro
i found it
should we download 26.bat file aslo?
1st October 2018, 05:30 PM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidreza2010

thanks bro
i found it
should we download 26.bat file aslo?

Not if you're downloading the tool itself, no. It comes with 26.bat already.

However, I did attach an experimental version a few posts up. If you're deodexing 8.0, you could give that one a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 06:01 PM |#26  
I've uploaded a new EXE to the downloads section. This has "-Xmx4112m" for all the lines that call the Java files.
In other words, this should stop the memory issue that's already been reported.

I've also uploaded every current Method file as well. This whole project is only a few days old and is very experimental. But, if it works, this will be where any updated Methods will go.
We'll have to see if this is beneficial or not though..
1st October 2018, 07:03 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

Your log says this:

Code:
[email protected] --- Deodexing Process Started

ABI detected as: "arm64"
API level detected as: "26"
"26.bat" to be used

-----------

Processing file 1 of 122 - "Your_Files\framework\oat\arm64\allshare.odex"
Processing "Error"
Could not reserve enough space for 2105344KB object heap

Code:
java -Xmx2056m -jar Tool_Files\baksmali.jar deodex -c boot.oat -d Your_Files\framework\%TOAD_ABI% Your_Files\%1\%2\oat\%TOAD_ABI%\%2.odex -o Tool_Files\out >>log.txt 2>&1
So, before we do anything else, we probably need to change that. I'll change it to 4112MB instead.
Code:
java -Xmx4112m -jar Tool_Files\baksmali.jar deodex -c boot.oat -d Your_Files\framework\%TOAD_ABI% Your_Files\%1\%2\oat\%TOAD_ABI%\%2.odex -o Tool_Files\out >>log.txt 2>&1
Try downloading the attached ZIP file and copying the contents into the "Method_Files" folder. Then try running the tool again and let me know what happens.

Tried latest version now log showing no error but during processing i saw som fatal error screen like vm x4112 never saw exactly coz it very fast like blinking. After completion when i check zip arm and oat folders are removed but files are not deodex properly because there is no calasses.dex in files.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
1st October 2018, 07:26 PM |#28  
Flag A Coruña
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Great news to see you on new tool development Ticklefish , I will give a try as soon as possible
The Following User Says Thank You to gvmiguez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gvmiguez Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 07:36 PM |#29  
Quote:

Your log says this:

So, before we do anything else, we probably need to change that. I'll change it to 4112MB instead.Tried latest version now log showing no error but during processing i saw som fatal error screen like vm x4112 never saw exactly coz it very fast like blinking. After completion when i check zip arm and oat folders are removed but files are not deodex properly because there is no calasses.dex in files.

It could be that your system won't allow a Java virtual machine with that big a heap size. You could try changing it to -Xmx2200m instead, perhaps.

What does your log.txt say?

1st October 2018, 07:57 PM |#30  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 853

Donate to Me
More
This is so spooky, I was JUST beginning to look on how to deodex stock and I find this linked on the Oreo TW mods (thanks @yash92duster for including it in that thread)

Will definitely try it out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShaDisNX255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShaDisNX255 Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 09:01 PM |#31  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 853

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It could be that your system won't allow a Java virtual machine with that big a heap size. You could try changing it to -Xmx2200m instead, perhaps.

Hmmmm OK so just as a feedback...
Using your new 26.bat file I kept getting the error that @msubhani mentioned here:

Quote:

Tried latest version now log showing no error but during processing i saw som fatal error screen like vm x4112 never saw exactly coz it very fast like blinking. After completion when i check zip arm and oat folders are removed but files are not deodex properly because there is no calasses.dex in files.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I couldn't see the error itself on window because it kept flashing, but the log showed no error.

THEN, I changed java -Xmx4112m to java -Xmx2200m

As you state here:
Quote:

and now I'm getting the errors on the log:

Code:
Could not reserve enough space for 2252800KB object heap

Let me try again with Xmx4112m and try to give you the exact error that is flashing on TOAD

Edit:

This is the error that shows on TOAD:
Code:
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4112m
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has ocurred. Program will exit
The LOG shows no error though

EDIT2:

Changed to 23000 and got this:
Code:
Could not reserve enough space for 2355200KB object heap

lol hmmmm maybe 3000? xD
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaDisNX255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShaDisNX255 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)