FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool] Latest Adb Fastboot and USB Driver installer tool for Windows

195 posts
Thanks Meter: 127
 
By fawazahmed0, Senior Member on 7th November 2019, 08:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2019, 01:28 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawazahmed0

Why are you using minimal adb and fastboot?, it is old and does not support latest phones.
Use my tool to do the installation for latest adb and fastboot drivers and then after installation just open command prompt (click on start menu -> type cmd -> press enter) and type your fastboot commands there.
Just check the youtube link below, if you are not sure how to open a command prompt
https://youtu.be/IZc9_S6JQpE?t=43

i still think minimal adb and fastboot is still quite viable till this day the only downside i see is it doesn't accept
Code:
adb root
as command other than that i don't see any problem
24th November 2019, 07:08 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedroot69

i still think minimal adb and fastboot is still quite viable till this day the only downside i see is it doesn't accept

Code:
adb root
as command other than that i don't see any problem

When you have new phone with new partition style, fastboot commands will not work on minimal adb and fastboot.
You will need new fastboot version to make it work with new partition style
For example,
fastboot -w command will not work in minimal adb and fastboot for phones with new partition style
see this for example (person gets errors when executing fastboot -w, for new phone):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8&postcount=37
30th November 2019, 06:56 AM |#13  
jmckeejr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Altoona, Pa
Thanks Meter: 60
 
Donate to Me
More
does it work for mtk device (chinese android 7in head unit)? I just got done installing mtk drivers finally dont want to lose them as havent gotten to test yet.
30th November 2019, 09:54 PM |#14  
Poor Grammar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chattanooga tn
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
....Hell to the Yeah...Finally for the first time in my life I used adb/fastboot to run commands... (No toolkits). Unlocked bootloader last night today I'm planning to install custom recovery and root... I'm proud of myself for this.. All feedback appreciated... Thank you for this awesome tool...Trying to download twrp it says copy file into same folder as your adb/fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.IMG... This might be stupid question but where does your tool put adb/fastboot folder a little
1st December 2019, 08:31 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Grammar

....Hell to the Yeah...Finally for the first time in my life I used adb/fastboot to run commands... (No toolkits). Unlocked bootloader last night today I'm planning to install custom recovery and root... I'm proud of myself for this.. All feedback appreciated... Thank you for this awesome tool...Trying to download twrp it says copy file into same folder as your adb/fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.IMG... This might be stupid question but where does your tool put adb/fastboot folder a little

You don't have to copy the twrp.img to the installation folder, just pasted twrp.img in your desktop and then in your command prompt, use cd command to go to desktop.
For example this is how I would do:
1. Paste the twrp.img at desktop.
2. Open command prompt (start menu -> type cmd -> press Enter)
3. Type the following in command prompt
cd desktop (To move command prompt to desktop)
4. Now all the files at desktop are accessible by command prompt, now just flash the twrp image.

You can use cd command to move the directory and cd .. command to move to previous directory
And instead of pasting the twrp.img at desktop, you can paste it at any location you want and use cd command to move to that directory
Refer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjaCgavMO18
https://ss64.com/nt/cd.html
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ws-commands/cd
1st December 2019, 08:32 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckeejr

does it work for mtk device (chinese android 7in head unit)? I just got done installing mtk drivers finally dont want to lose them as havent gotten to test yet.

Works for All Android devices
1st December 2019, 09:38 AM |#17  
Poor Grammar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chattanooga tn
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawazahmed0

You don't have to copy the twrp.img to the installation folder, just pasted twrp.img in your desktop and then in your command prompt, use cd command to go to desktop.
For example this is how I would do:
1. Paste the twrp.img at destkop.
2. Open command prompt (start menu -> type cmd -> press Enter)
3. Type
cd destkop (To move command prompt to desktop)
4. Now all the files at desktop are accessible by command prompt, now just flash the twrp image.

You can use cd command to move the directory and cd .. command to move to previous directory
And instead of pasting the twrp.img at desktop, you can paste it at any location you want and use cd command to move to that directory
Refer:
https://ss64.com/nt/cd.html
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ws-commands/cd

Well is this at least correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191130_184238.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	4891163  
1st December 2019, 10:41 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Grammar

Well is this at least correct?

Well, that is not the right way to do it, but if you still want to do this way, first type this in command prompt:
cd "C:\Program Files\platform-tools" (copy and paste the whole line including the double quotes in command prompt)

And now you can flash the twrp.img

Explanation:
The above command changes your directory to "C:\Program Files\platform-tools" in command prompt and that's why twrp.img is accessible
1st December 2019, 10:49 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawazahmed0

You don't have to copy the twrp.img to the installation folder, just pasted twrp.img in your desktop and then in your command prompt, use cd command to go to desktop.
For example this is how I would do:
1. Paste the twrp.img at desktop.
2. Open command prompt (start menu -> type cmd -> press Enter)
3. Type the following in command prompt:
cd desktop (To move command prompt to desktop)
4. Now all the files at desktop are accessible by command prompt, now just flash the twrp image.

You can use cd command to move the directory and cd .. command to move to previous directory
And instead of pasting the twrp.img at desktop, you can paste it at any location you want and use cd command to move to that directory
Refer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjaCgavMO18
https://ss64.com/nt/cd.html
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ws-commands/cd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Grammar

Well is this at least correct?

Try to do the above quoted post again, I have corrected the spelling mistakes, If you get stuck, just let me know and I will help you out
1st December 2019, 08:02 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Grammar

Well is this at least correct?

I have added a Note for Beginners in the guide, please refer that:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ndows-t3999445
2nd December 2019, 01:35 AM |#21  
Poor Grammar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chattanooga tn
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
[Delete]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawazahmed0

I have added a Note for Beginners in the guide, please refer that:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ndows-t3999445

So once in fastboot I type fastboot flash twrp.img
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, adb fastboot installer windows, adb tools, fastboot, fastboot tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes