[TOOL] ADB-Overlay [1.17.46.0]

714 posts
Thanks Meter: 671

By k1ll3r8e, Senior Member on 13th April 2019, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2020, 06:57 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi , first of all thanks for the good work , and is there a way to get thumbnails for pictures ? and/or mount the phone as a drive in windows ?

and how are the speeds compared to transfer by ssh ?
4th March 2020, 03:54 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delmenhorst

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoo1

Hi , first of all thanks for the good work , and is there a way to get thumbnails for pictures ? and/or mount the phone as a drive in windows ?

and how are the speeds compared to transfer by ssh ?

Heyho,
thx for the warm words
-
About the thumbnails, i haven't implemented such feature because, you have to download the whole image to create the thumb of it. This would lead to high traffic, imagine a folder with 1k images.

About the mount as "device", if you need it, you could use the default MTP/PTP transfer which Android offers. There is no other way to "mount" the device under windows.

About the speed ADB vs. SSH i can't tell you anything. But based on the fact that SSH uses full encryption and ADB doesn't, i would say, ADB is a bit faster, because it doesn't have the encryption overhead which SSH has.

Regards,
Sebastian
4th March 2020, 04:16 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ll3r8e

Heyho,
thx for the warm words
-
About the thumbnails, i haven't implemented such feature because, you have to download the whole image to create the thumb of it. This would lead to high traffic, imagine a folder with 1k images.

About the mount as "device", if you need it, you could use the default MTP/PTP transfer which Android offers. There is no other way to "mount" the device under windows.

About the speed ADB vs. SSH i can't tell you anything. But based on the fact that SSH uses full encryption and ADB doesn't, i would say, ADB is a bit faster, because it doesn't have the encryption overhead which SSH has.

Regards,
Sebastian

can't the thumbnails be imported from the device ? since it already has them ? , mtp/ptp are super slow compared to adb , they are the reason i came here lol
4th March 2020, 08:30 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delmenhorst

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

can't the thumbnails be imported from the device ? since it already has them ? , mtp/ptp are super slow compared to adb , they are the reason i came here lol

Heyho,
i know that there are some folders for thumbs, but they are device/manufacturer depending, also some devices using "hashed" filenames. So it's not that easy to find the correct thumbs for the corresponding images.

I know that some tools have those features, but most if not all of them, have a App installed on the device which serves the data for those specific features. But the point of this tool is to work only with the Debug Bridge. - This tool doesn't modify the device at any point to work with it. It uses only the ADB-Protocol which is part of any Android device.

PS:
The next version uses asynchronous transfer for almost everything, which boosts the speed even a bit more. For example, with synchronous transfer i need ~3,5 sec for 50 mb over USB 2.0, with asynchronous transfer i need only ~2,5 sec for 50 mb over USB 2.0.

Regards,
Sebastian
15th March 2020, 01:35 AM |#25  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,606

Donate to Me
More
Cannot install APK
Hey! When I try to install this APK, the filename is: com.getpebble.android.basalt_4.4.2-1405-62d45d7d7-endframe-1405_minAPI18(armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,x86)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

The error is just: The given APK could not be installed. Are the logs that I can pull up somewhere? :P

I'm guessing it might have some illegal characters, or the name is too long or something?
The Following User Says Thank You to squabbi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift squabbi Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 02:18 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delmenhorst

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

Hey! When I try to install this APK, the filename is: com.getpebble.android.basalt_4.4.2-1405-62d45d7d7-endframe-1405_minAPI18(armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,x86)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

The error is just: The given APK could not be installed. Are the logs that I can pull up somewhere? :P

I'm guessing it might have some illegal characters, or the name is too long or something?

Heyho ,
- THX for report! -
the problem was, no spaces but braces. HotFix 1.16.46.1 is online.

Seems i need to add some more "test file names" to my Encoding-Test.

Regards,
Sebastian
The Following User Says Thank You to k1ll3r8e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k1ll3r8e Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 08:17 AM |#27  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,606

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ll3r8e

Heyho ,
- THX for report! -
the problem was, no spaces but braces. HotFix 1.16.46.1 is online.

Seems i need to add some more "test file names" to my Encoding-Test.

Regards,
Sebastian

Thanks for the quick fix! Really appreciate it!

Also one other thing I noticed, in the check for update dialog, we can click the start button a few times after the first click, I remember it not liking that. Perhaps it would be good to disable the button between the download starting and when the click event is registered!
The Following User Says Thank You to squabbi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift squabbi Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 12:05 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delmenhorst

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

Thanks for the quick fix! Really appreciate it!

Also one other thing I noticed, in the check for update dialog, we can click the start button a few times after the first click, I remember it not liking that. Perhaps it would be good to disable the button between the download starting and when the click event is registered!

Heyho,
np
-
Uhh, yes you're right... I haven't added the "CanExecute" predicate... I'll release a new build in a few hours.
-
The reason for this was, i introduced a new ICommand, the "DelegateICommandSemiAsync" and "DelegateICommandSemiAsync<T>", those will execute the "Action" asynchronously and the "Predicate" synchronously.

EDIT & PS:
Added my "DelegateICommand"s as attachment.

Regards,
Sebastian
Attached Files
File Type: zip DelegateCommand.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 0 views)
24th March 2020, 11:26 PM |#29  

More
is there a way to see the copy speed ?
i couldn't move some folders so i have to copy and remove any idea why ?
my phone only has usb 2.0 , do you get usb 3.0 speeds if you have phone that has it ?
25th March 2020, 01:42 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delmenhorst

Donate to Me
More
Heyho,
Quote:

is there a way to see the copy speed ?

Nope, the progress-bar is there to show activity.

Quote:

i couldn't move some folders so i have to copy and remove any idea why ?

That's because there is currently no "Move" integrated, reason for this is: Windows default behavior is to move only on the same drive (by default), but it's a bit messy under linux because there is everything mounted in directories. So i decided to "Copy" only (for the moment), because if you "Move" for example the build.prop or something else, this could lead to big probs.

Quote:

my phone only has usb 2.0 , do you get usb 3.0 speeds if you have phone that has it ?

Sure why not?

EDIT:
The next version will include: Cut (via ContextMenu and "Ctrl+X"), Move (via Drag'n'Drop with "Shift" during drop) and Copy (by default - or via Drag'n'Drop with "Ctrl" during drop).

Regards,
Sebastian
31st March 2020, 08:46 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1,449

Donate to Me
More
@k1ll3r8e Promising tool, I'm having some problems mounting System as RW, doesn't seem to work.

If I ADB shell onto my device, in order for me to copy files to system I have to issue the following command if this helps.

mount -o remount,rw /sbin/.magisk/mirror/system_root

I have an S10 device on Android 10 using Magisk 20.3.

Another suggestion, if you could make a quick button to transfer back and forth between window panes on which file is selected, instead of right click copy, move to other pane, right click paste..

Thanks !
The Following User Says Thank You to zeroprobe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeroprobe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, explorer, remotedesktop, shell

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)