I found This post, that claimed to be a recovery working for all tablets with a rk3288 chipset, so i decided to check it out. I would like to say thanks to Oma7144 for making the post on archtablet.com and another huge thanks to CrewRKTablets who made the tool and recoveries
The tool can in theory also install TWRP, which actually also worked for me, but the touch part does not work so it is pretty useless. This is why we are going to use ClockworkMod If anyone figures out how to get TWRP working, please do tell me
So first of all you need to download the recovery tool and a supersu of your choosing. Chainfire seemed to be the only thing working, so I am going to use that.
Now follow these steps:
- Extract the recovery tool
- Enter the RKDriverInstaller folder and run Driverinstall.exe as admin.
- Press Uninstall driver
- Press Install driver
- Enter the RKAndroidTool folder and run AndroidTool.exe as admin.
- Turn off your tablet
- Enter Loader mode by connecting your tablet to the computer with the included usb cable and pressing Power-button and Vol-.
- The AndroidTool should look like this now.
- Check box number 12 as shown here.
- Press run. Your tablet should reboot now.
- Now transfer the Supersu zip file to the tablet.
- Turn off the tablet and enter your new recovery by pressing the power button and Vol- button. This time without the powercable in.
- Nagivate to install zip with the Vol- and Vol+. Select it by pressing the powerbutton once.
- Select Choose zip from /Sdcard
- Now find your zip file and select it.
- Confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
- Now reboot. If CWM asks if it should repair supersu select No.
- You should now be rooted.
If you did something wrong and ended up in a bootloop I have written a tutorial on how to fix it. You can find it here.