FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial]Root Oppo F1s with FlashTool for 6.0 (SafetyNet Passed/no red status bar)

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By evilhawk00, Member on 3rd August 2017, 11:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, big thanks to @ngoralph sent me a link at May. It's a post looks like a working guide rooting A1601 with flash tool, however it's written in Vietnamese,none of us understand Vietnamese. I finally have some time to take a deeper look at that guide and figure it out how it works.

2017.11.04 Update
Added a stock recovery image generated with install-recovery.sh and boot.img(Generated from A1601EX_11_OTA_002_all_201704120142_wipe.zip) for those who don't have stock recovery image
Download Stock recovery of 20170412 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...3g5V3BuTlNYdlU

In short, It seems like the process was done by a tool from phone repair services. The tool itself did try to connect to an oppo server when it's opened. Anyway, lets start

Benefits in comparison with other known old root method:
1.No modification to system.img, no red status bar "root detected", no need to replace SystemUI.
2.Pass SafetyNet.

SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO KNOW BEFORE DOING
*NOTE:This method uses meta mode*
1.You need a clean install 6.0 stock rom(factory reset)(6.0 Stock firmware installed by stock recovery not twrp, all the twrp for F1s are buggy).
*why buggy? take a look at /cache/recovery/xxx.log, you'll find out the ported recovery was compiled with different PixelFormat and also many different specifications, that's why the twrp recovery often give you a black screen.
2.The twrp automatically did some modifications with your system.img to prevent stock recovery being recovered at boot, that might be the reason everyone see the read status bar "root detected"(modification detected).
3.The flash tool will only work when you have mtk driver installed properly on your PC.
4.The new added dm-varity in oppo 6.0 rom will cause /data become unreadable with recovery, thus a format of /data is required (systemless root needs /data readable with recovery because they put su.img in /data).
5.Until now, I think this CTR recovery is the most stable recovery for oppo F1s

Preparations : Installation & Downloads before rooting process
1.Install mtk driver:
If you haven't have mtk drivers installed, you can follow this tutorial to install it on your PC
https://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk...tion-tutorial/
2.Download DownloadTool_1612.8.exe here
3.Download a Flashtool flashable stock rom here(Any build number version is okay, but need to match your phone's hardware specifications. 3GB ram = mt6750, 4GB ram= mt6755. Even you just want to flash a single partition, the FlashTool still need you to load a full firmware,so you have to download it.)
4.Download newest 6.0 stock firmware zip( You can use your own or here is a 20170412 6.0 build)
5.Download newest Magisk flashable zip here
6.Download a little modified CTR here with "ro.product.device=A1601" which can open all the stock firmware package. (modified from this CTR recovery (original CTR credits @BouyaPK) )

Good! Now you are ready to root your device !
Here's the steps:
1. Copy magisk, 6.0 stock firmware zip to your external sd card( internal storage may had been encrypted sometimes)
2.If you've flashed TWRP on this device before, you have to revert it back to stock recovery(otherwise you can skip this step)[if you don't have stock recovery, you can use this 6.0 stock recovery i generated here here]
3.Wipe all data and install stock firmware zip by stock recovery, after the installation, choose power-off option in recovery, don't boot the device
4.Video Demonstration for this step:
https://youtu.be/DPRzWiAaaCY

Open DownloadTool_1612.8.exe, choose "Developement Mode", enter password "oppodeve", then uncheck all partitions, leave only recovery checked, then select CTR recovery image as target. ==>Press start ==>Hold phone's volume up(when your phone is off) and connect it to PC with usb cable ==> the PC detected it ==> release volume up button.

5.After flashing recovery, don't boot up the system, hold Volume down key+ power key boot into CTR recovery, you have to wipe /data first
6.Click "Mounts/Storage" ==> Click "Format /data" ==> back to main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select the magisk zip and install
7.reboot ==> select no when ask fix stock recovery
8. you have root with SafetyNet passed.

ScreenShots:
Proof Of SafetyNet On A1601 Marshmallow Rooted Rom
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-53-08-28.png
Views:	2142
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	4231757

Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-52-52-74.png
Views:	2050
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	4231758

Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-53-25-55.png
Views:	2028
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	4231759
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to evilhawk00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilhawk00 Ad-Free

4th August 2017, 04:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,312

More
EDIT: followed the instruction and sucessfully done it
maybe you should include that the zip file to be downloaded in preparation 3 is only used to flash the recovery and that they can flash any firmware via stock recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to ngoralph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngoralph Ad-Free
4th August 2017, 06:52 AM |#3  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Red root detection warning is only in MM..
It doesn't matter how you root, u will get that red statud bar in MM if u root it as it is implemented in systemUI..
4th August 2017, 07:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagargjasani264

It doesn't matter how you root, u will get that red statud bar in MM if u root it as it is implemented in systemUI..

nope, following this method i got root without the annoying status bar i think the red status bar triggers when something is edited in system ie like installing xposed since installing xposed triggers the red status bar even after doing this
4th August 2017, 08:14 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Taipei

More
Quote:

The old root method might have tampered something in system and it's possible related to TWRP because SafetyNet always show CTS profile mismatch.
With this method you can get SafetyNet pass, take a look at my screenshot, Safetynet passed ,no red status bar and also it's android marshmallow 6.0 Android Pay is only compatible with this root method.

I'm a player of pokemon go that's why I care SafetyNet :P
The Following User Says Thank You to evilhawk00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilhawk00 Ad-Free
5th August 2017, 05:51 AM |#6  
Flag Ahmedabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhawk00

The old root method might have tampered something in system and it's possible related to TWRP because SafetyNet always show CTS profile mismatch.
With this method you can get SafetyNet pass, take a look at my screenshot, Safetynet passed ,no red status bar and also it's android marshmallow 6.0 Android Pay is only compatible with this root method.

I'm a player of pokemon go that's why I care SafetyNet :P

Thats good.. If u have flashed like this and have root access then can u try to flash twrp and check whats the results?
Bcos to flash custom rom of MM this CTR recovery wont work.. As it contains L data with L recovery..
5th August 2017, 07:17 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Taipei

More
Quote:

Thats good.. If u have flashed like this and have root access then can u try to flash twrp and check whats the results?
Bcos to flash custom rom of MM this CTR recovery wont work.. As it contains L data with L recovery..

I already tried, and failed with TWRP.

After the upgrade of Android 6.0, all the twrp stopped working on my device, all gave me a black screen, your MM twrp doesn't work on my device either. Even I reflashed twrp, still not working , the only solution for me is CTR.

I tried to figure out the reason twrp stopped working from /cache/recovery/xxx.log and found out all twrp was compiled with the different pixel format,such as RGB, which gave this black screen error. You can take a look at your recovery log.

I flashed twrp with flash tool, it gave me black screen so I couldn't do any operation to my system, but when I reboot, I got root detected status bar. I think the root detected might related to twrp itself.

That's why I chose CTR, correct pixel format and it did ask fixing stuff to prevent stock recovery being recovered(so I can choose no to keep system unmodified)
The Following User Says Thank You to evilhawk00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilhawk00 Ad-Free
5th August 2017, 11:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Finally, thanks so much for dedication. So after flashing and rooting, is it ok to restore all the apps and data that has been backed up before flashing?
5th August 2017, 04:38 PM |#9  
Flag Ahmedabad

More
Quote:

I already tried, and failed with TWRP.

After the upgrade of Android 6.0, all the twrp stopped working on my device, all gave me a black screen, your MM twrp doesn't work on my device either. Even I reflashed twrp, still not working , the only solution for me is CTR.

I tried to figure out the reason twrp stopped working from /cache/recovery/xxx.log and found out all twrp was compiled with the different pixel format,such as RGB, which gave this black screen error. You can take a look at your recovery log.

I flashed twrp with flash tool, it gave me black screen so I couldn't do any operation to my system, but when I reboot, I got root detected status bar. I think the root detected might related to twrp itself.

That's why I chose CTR, correct pixel format and it did ask fixing stuff to prevent stock recovery being recovered(so I can choose no to keep system unmodified)

Have you tried my new twrp or old one?
Bcos blank screen is different in both..
Previously it tooks 1-2min
But now after some modifications in some xml it boots after 10-15 sec..

I will try to make CTR recovery for M
6th August 2017, 04:33 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Taipei

More
Quote:

Have you tried my new twrp or old one?
Bcos blank screen is different in both..
Previously it tooks 1-2min
But now after some modifications in some xml it boots after 10-15 sec..

I will try to make CTR recovery for M

I tried both new and old. Both black screen, and~ it's not just few minutes only........ it showed black screen forever~~

The most weird part was that if I press power+ volume down , I can take a screenshot of twrp,the file was stored in dcim/screenshot , and the screenshot taken was white background and purple title bar(the title bar should be blue though)
6th August 2017, 07:35 AM |#11  
Flag Ahmedabad

More
Quote:

I tried both new and old. Both black screen, and~ it's not just few minutes only........ it showed black screen forever~~

The most weird part was that if I press power+ volume down , I can take a screenshot of twrp,the file was stored in dcim/screenshot , and the screenshot taken was white background and purple title bar(the title bar should be blue though)

Strange.. Bcos i have tested it personally on my 3/32 version.. Still i will try to improve twrp... But right now I am behind bug in my custom rom...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oppo-f1s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)