1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,120

By ghost45, Senior Member on 14th June 2019, 07:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
TWRP 331 Porting Thread for New UMIDIGI Power 4G

New thread for the new model UMIDIGI Power 4G Helio P35 Octa core Mtk 6765

Umidigi Power 4G MT6765 Octa Core 4G 4GB 64GB Android 9 Smartphone 6,3 inches

Everybody are Welcome!

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=256
Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghost45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghost45 Ad-Free

14th June 2019, 07:45 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New twrp 331-test 1 for this device is builded!
Now need period of tests...

14th June 2019, 07:45 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
reserved 1
14th June 2019, 07:46 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved 2
27th June 2019, 07:41 AM |#5  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 17

More
TWRP Not Working for Me
Finally received the phone today. Spent a few hours trying to get your TWRP port installed with no luck unfortunately. After flashing it via SP Flash Tool, I ran into an "Orange State" unlock warning (which I assume is normal). However it's followed by a bootloop. I can only get the phone to boot using the stock recovery.img. Any modifications to the recovery causes a loop.

On the other hand though, I was able to get root through Magisk (I'm using the latest 19.3 version), and patching the stock boot.img through the app, then flashing the patched boot.img to the phone with SP Flash Tool. I have Viper4Android working, which was my main reason for wanting root, so I'm satisfied for the most part. Can't wait to try this phone out as my daily driver!
28th June 2019, 04:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerofLight.iz

Finally received the phone today. Spent a few hours trying to get your TWRP port installed with no luck unfortunately. After flashing it via SP Flash Tool, I ran into an "Orange State" unlock warning (which I assume is normal). However it's followed by a bootloop. I can only get the phone to boot using the stock recovery.img. Any modifications to the recovery causes a loop.

On the other hand though, I was able to get root through Magisk (I'm using the latest 19.3 version), and patching the stock boot.img through the app, then flashing the patched boot.img to the phone with SP Flash Tool. I have Viper4Android working, which was my main reason for wanting root, so I'm satisfied for the most part. Can't wait to try this phone out as my daily driver!

I confirm the first part of this, same issue here... i'd like to flash a twrp for gsi purposes, but for now no luck
29th June 2019, 07:59 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerofLight.iz

Can you write how you got the root of the law? Instructions for inexperienced users.
Thank you in advance.
30th June 2019, 04:04 AM |#8  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Root UMIDIGI Power with Magisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr A V

Can you write how you got the root of the law? Instructions for inexperienced users.
Thank you in advance.

Sure thing! Here's a Magisk root guide for anyone just getting started that I wrote up just now. (All mentioned files are provided in the zip.)

Step 0 - Download the Attached Zip File Below
Google Drive Mirror
Mediafire Mirror
MEGA Mirror

Step 1 - Drivers
Install the MediaTek drivers by running "DriverInstaller.exe". These are the drivers that worked for me. But if you have issues with them in Step 5, Google "Mediatek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers" (or some variation of that) and try some others you can find.

-----------------------------------

Step 2 - Install ADB Interface
Install the Android SDK (ADB Interface). To do this drop the platform-tools folder (from the Step 2 folder) into your C:\ directory. Press the windows start button and search for "Environment Variables" and click on "Edit environment variables" from the results. Under SYSTEM VARIABLES on the bottom (not User variables above it) click on the "Path" variable, and click edit. In the new window that appears, hit "Browse..." and click on the "platform-tools" folder that you placed in your C:\ directory.

All this does is allows you to easily input adb commands into command prompt with no issues. This will be used to verify that the device is appearing properly and issue commands in case of emergency.

Environment Variables

Step 3 - Install Magisk
Copy the Magisk.apk to your phone and install it.
(This is where you can then copy the boot.img to your device and patch it via the Magisk app to create the "magisk_patched_boot.img" file, however I have included the already patched file in Step 6 for the UMIDIGI Power so you don't need to.)

Also, this is the Magisk v19.3 Beta, but you can install another version.

Step 4 - OEM Unlocking/USB Debugging Mode
On your phone, go to Settings >> System >> Developer Options. (If you haven't activated Developer Options yet, do that by going to About Phone >> Build number, and tap it a bunch of times, but I'm sure you already know this lol)

In Developer Options, turn on "OEM Unlocking" to unlock the bootloader, and USB Debugging.

Step 5 - Verify That Your Phone is Detected with ADB
Connect your phone to your PC. Make sure you click "Allow USB debugging" on your phone. Then open up Command Prompt. (Protip: Type "color a" and press Enter if you want to feel like a REAL HACKERMAN.) Now, type in "adb devices" and verify that your phone is detected by your computer. If it's detected, then that's perfect you can move on to Step 6. If not, then uh... you may have to try and find some other MediaTek drivers mentioned in Step 1.

Step 6 - Set up SP Flash Tool
Open up SP Flash Tool on your computer by running "flash_tool.exe" in the SP Flash Tool Folder. (If at any time it shows a "Processing" window for some reason, just close and reopen the program if it doesn't go away on its own.)

On the first line choose "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin". And the third line "Authentication File" can be left blank.

On the second line where it shows "Scatter-loading File", hit "choose" and find the "MT6765_Android_scatter.txt" file in the Step 6 folder. It'll load up and show a bunch of green/white rows in the space below.

Now this looked intimidating to me at first, but it's actually quite simple. As far as I understand (and I could be wrong but), the scatter file just tells the program where to place certain files, like a map for the program to follow. The scatter file I provided is for the UMIDIGI Power. The only thing we'll worry about for now is the boot.img file (but in the future, this is where you could also install a TWRP recovery once we get one that is confirmed to work.)

So in the white/green list, scroll down to where it says "boot" in the "Name" column, and click on the blank area in the "Location" column. It will bring up a window where you can browse to the "magisk_patched_boot.img" that I provided.

File Locations

Step 7 - The Big Huzzah (Rooting)
Power off your phone and make sure it's UNPLUGGED. On SP Flash Tool, click "Download". This prepares the program to begin flashing your phone as soon as it is connected. Grab your phone with one hand and hold down the Volume Up button, and with your other hand plug in the USB cable (if you only have one hand, use your mouth I guess). Your screen should not turn on at all throughout this process, but if it's successful, you should see that the program begins to flash your device after a second or two. Now just wait until it reaches 100% and says "Download Ok" with a green checkmark. And you're pretty much done!

You can then boot up your phone and check the Magisk app, as well as download a root checker from the Play Store to confirm that your phone has root access! Have fun!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeekerofLight.iz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SeekerofLight.iz Ad-Free
30th June 2019, 09:04 AM |#9  

More
Thank you, far-away friend from me, that you are such a sympathetic person! Thank you for writing everything so quickly and in detail. As soon as I receive my phone, I will definitely try to do everything as you wrote.
Tell me, do you plan to install any firmware on this device? For example, Miui. Or are you satisfied with the stock?
30th June 2019, 11:07 PM |#10  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr A V

Thank you, far-away friend from me, that you are such a sympathetic person! Thank you for writing everything so quickly and in detail. As soon as I receive my phone, I will definitely try to do everything as you wrote.
Tell me, do you plan to install any firmware on this device? For example, Miui. Or are you satisfied with the stock?

No problem! Unfortunately I don't see many custom ROMs coming to this phone, considering it's not a very popular device. I'd guess our best bet is to hope that the UMIDIGI F1 gets some support, and that anything on there can hopefully be ported over to this phone, but even that device isn't very popular either. For me though, that's not a huge issue because I'm actually quite satisfied with the stock firmware it has on board. It's basically stock Android Pie, and I've been able to add all the extra goodies I want into the phone through Magisk Manager and EdXposed with very minor issues. Most notably Viper4Android to fix the slightly tinny speakers and pump up the overall headphone experience too, and Gravity Box for some extra minor software customization.

Overall, I'd say the biggest downside to this device is the limited camera capabilities, and its somewhat limited performance for heavier tasks like 3D games / game streaming. But other than that, this feels like a very premium device.
1st July 2019, 07:24 AM |#11  

More
I thought about the fact that it is you who can transfer other firmware to this device. As a developer, let's say.
On the F1 already installing the firmware AOSP, LOS and other projects. But need to flash these firmware through TVRP recovery. For our device, there is no such recovery yet.
I have little understanding of the intricacies of the android. Sorry if my questions seem silly.
If we take the firmware for F1, for example AOSP, will it have to be somehow changed for our UD Power? Or can just take the archive, as it is, and flash it?

The processor of our smartphone is not very strong, so it is not for games. It is also not clear what RAM is installed. It looks like the manufacturer has installed a cheap part. Put single-channel LDDR 3. So he made a low price. At the expense of device performance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)