Twrp 3.3.1. UmiDIGI Power 4G

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,115

By ghost45, Senior Member on 14th June 2019, 07:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2019, 07:24 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I thought about the fact that it is you who can transfer other firmware to this device. As a developer, let's say.
On the F1 already installing the firmware AOSP, LOS and other projects. But need to flash these firmware through TVRP recovery. For our device, there is no such recovery yet.
I have little understanding of the intricacies of the android. Sorry if my questions seem silly.
If we take the firmware for F1, for example AOSP, will it have to be somehow changed for our UD Power? Or can just take the archive, as it is, and flash it?

The processor of our smartphone is not very strong, so it is not for games. It is also not clear what RAM is installed. It looks like the manufacturer has installed a cheap part. Put single-channel LDDR 3. So he made a low price. At the expense of device performance.

1st July 2019, 09:08 AM |#12  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr A V

I thought about the fact that it is you who can transfer other firmware to this device. As a developer, let's say.
On the F1 already installing the firmware AOSP, LOS and other projects. But need to flash these firmware through TVRP recovery. For our device, there is no such recovery yet.
I have little understanding of the intricacies of the android. Sorry if my questions seem silly.
If we take the firmware for F1, for example AOSP, will it have to be somehow changed for our UD Power? Or can just take the archive, as it is, and flash it?

The processor of our smartphone is not very strong, so it is not for games. It is also not clear what RAM is installed. It looks like the manufacturer has installed a cheap part. Put single-channel LDDR 3. So he made a low price. At the expense of device performance.

I definitely consider myself to be a major noob with the more advanced Android development stuff. I only know enough to find my way around the internet and flash compatible software, haha. I've never looked into creating ports myself, but it's certainly something I think might be worth learning, especially with the limited device support on these phones.

And yeah, in terms of performance I don't expect much out of a phone at this price point, but for all the essentials - music, 1080p YouTube, web browsing, and mid to light gaming, it's surprisingly great considering the price. I haven't had any issues with the memory as of yet, so I wouldn't be too concerned, although you're definitely right in that they probably source some pretty cheap parts for these kind of phones.
8th July 2019, 10:30 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerofLight.iz

Sure thing! Here's a Magisk root guide for anyone just getting started that I wrote up just now. (All mentioned files are provided in the zip.)
"stubbed guide"

It works like a charm, thank you! by the way, were you able to boot that twrp or still nothing? and if you made it, were you able to flash a gsi over that too? i'm unable even to boot that twrp

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost45

TWRP 331 Porting Thread for New UMIDIGI Power 4G

New thread for the new model UMIDIGI Power 4G Helio P35 Octa core Mtk 6765

Umidigi Power 4G MT6765 Octa Core 4G 4GB 64GB Android 9 Smartphone 6,3 inches

Everybody are Welcome!

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=256
Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE

Can i ask you a guide on how were you able to boot it? i'm only getting a bootloop after flashing that from SPFlash
9th July 2019, 04:04 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,115

Donate to Me
More
I will build one other version of recovery soon...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghost45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghost45 Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 11:01 AM |#15  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg95tux

It works like a charm, thank you! by the way, were you able to boot that twrp or still nothing? and if you made it, were you able to flash a gsi over that too? i'm unable even to boot that twrp

Glad to hear it worked for you!

Still nothing. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with booting into TWRP since I last tried it. Hoping ghost45 will be able to help us out with that when he gets the chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeekerofLight.iz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SeekerofLight.iz Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 02:55 AM |#16  

More
Bootloop - Secureboot
Nevermind, bootloader locked.

just type on CMD:

adb reboot bootloader
then
fastboot flashing unlock
12th July 2019, 11:33 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Filho

Nevermind, bootloader locked.

just type on CMD:

adb reboot bootloader
then
fastboot flashing unlock

remember to allow oem unlock from developer settings in stock rom, otherwise it will fail!
12th July 2019, 11:10 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerofLight.iz

Finally received the phone today. Spent a few hours trying to get your TWRP port installed with no luck unfortunately. After flashing it via SP Flash Tool, I ran into an "Orange State" unlock warning (which I assume is normal). However it's followed by a bootloop. I can only get the phone to boot using the stock recovery.img. Any modifications to the recovery causes a loop.

On the other hand though, I was able to get root through Magisk (I'm using the latest 19.3 version), and patching the stock boot.img through the app, then flashing the patched boot.img to the phone with SP Flash Tool. I have Viper4Android working, which was my main reason for wanting root, so I'm satisfied for the most part. Can't wait to try this phone out as my daily driver!

How do you manage to work Viper.

Cause i'm having some problems, tested all versions and my Driver always stays on "Active: NO Format: Unsuported.... Abnormal"

BusyBox also don't seens to work.

:/

Some help?
13th July 2019, 06:01 AM |#19  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Filho

How do you manage to work Viper.

Cause i'm having some problems, tested all versions and my Driver always stays on "Active: NO Format: Unsuported.... Abnormal"

BusyBox also don't seens to work.

:/

Some help?

The trick to getting Viper4Android to work is to make sure you have SELinux set to "PERMISSIVE" rather than "ENFORCING" on your phone. Here's a handy little app designed to automatically set it to permissive on boot!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...1561#downloads

And for BusyBox, I was having issues too at first because I think with systemless root, BusyBox can only be installed in /sbin, which gets wiped after each boot. So I searched for "BusyBox" in the Magisk app and found a module called "BusyBox for Android NDK" which has worked perfectly for me.

One thing to note...
Sometimes SELinux doesn't always get changed automatically everytime you boot up. It's pretty consistent, but every once in awhile you may need to manually set it to permissive mode again if things don't seem to be working. But it's literally just pressing a single button, so not a big deal.

The other thing is with Viper itself- At times when I launch the app, the driver status says "abnormal" even after I've toggled SELinux to permissive. If you go into settings and toggle "compatibility mode" or "attach audio effects" on and then off that seems to refresh the driver status. Not sure why, but it works.

Let me know if you have any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190712-231549.png
Views:	30
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4791384  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)