Twrp 3.3.1. UmiDIGI Power 4G

Search This thread

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya
Hello, I said, I installed the TWRP + LK.IMG in my version 1.4 and there was softbrick. .
Then I installed the TWRP in version V1.2 plus the LK.IMG included in the package and there was again softbrick. .
Then install only the TWRP included in your link and NOT the lk.img in version V1.2 and eureka, it worked perfectly, delete data twice and then decrypt in mobile, restart in TWRP and flashing Magisk and after all that process, reboot into System and then back to TWRP to make the backup that came out perfect.
The biggest problem lies in the LK.img file, which must be of the same version as the stock, otherwise softbrick.

It's a good news.
The LK.IMG file removes the inscription Orange and a 5sec delay when the system boots. The LK.IMG file I gave from version 1.3 for version E
In any case, TWRP booted up and you made a backup copy of the phone. Have you tried to restore some part of what you saved? For example, Date or any other small section. How does the reboot process go to the System?

techguyscv

Mar 29, 2018
TCL 10 5G
Having problems with wifi calling and the phone connection randomly dropping

I haven't rooted phones in awhile, but I was wondering if anyones had similar issues with the wifi calling not working and the phone connection dropping as well? The bar at the top will just say no network connection, then I'll have to restart it to get it going again. Also, when I'm on wifi and have the wifi calling on, it'll say no service or emergency calls only at the top, but sometimes I can still get calls and texts. And when I send a text, it takes 3-4 min to go through. Has anyone rooted the phone and have seen these problems go away?

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya
I rutted the phone and I have no such problems with WIFI. Everything works fine, quickly and without breaks.
I would advise you to flash only the System section for your firmware version through FlashTools. Perhaps this will fix the problem with Wi-Fi

mg95tux

Jun 29, 2015
Hi guys, did anyone try flashing a gsi over twrp? If yes, how did it go? Works well or there are some major bugs? Note that I'm willing to do some tests here, stock rom is pretty sluggish for my usage, and I think the phone could run smoother without it

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
Is there any additional news about orange state?

I'm in that situation. No high speed access at the moment so no factory image to restore to.

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
In a boot loop, can't download from TWRP links

Can't seem to finish downloading those TWRP files.
So I'm in fastboot mode waiting. It's got a great battery life while I'm trying to download working recovery image. Can anyone put it on WeTransfer, I can't seem to get it from the other links.
Thanks

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
Anyone backed up lk2?

I accidentally flashed lk2 with lk1.img and now it won't boot into system.

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya
I accidentally flashed lk2 with lk1.img and now it won't boot into system.
I flashed LK2 and LK1 from version 1.3 to 1.5 separately and together through Flash Tools and nothing affected the system boot. No cyclic bootloaders. If you have a problem, then it’s very easy to flash these files through the scatter file from the official firmware and flash them through Flash Tools

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Can't seem to finish downloading those TWRP files.
So I'm in fastboot mode waiting. It's got a great battery life while I'm trying to download working recovery image. Can anyone put it on WeTransfer, I can't seem to get it from the other links.
Thanks
Download the official firmware and flash it again ------ Who and what are you waiting for?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Hi guys, did anyone try flashing a gsi over twrp? If yes, how did it go? Works well or there are some major bugs? Note that I'm willing to do some tests here, stock rom is pretty sluggish for my usage, and I think the phone could run smoother without it

Can't you do it yourself, or are you waiting for someone to do this for you on your phone? Take it and then share your experience. No need to wait for someone to do this for you.

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
I flashed LK2 and LK1 from version 1.3 to 1.5 separately and together through Flash Tools and nothing affected the system boot. No cyclic bootloaders. If you have a problem, then it’s very easy to flash these files through the scatter file from the official firmware and flash them through Flash Tools

Hi, yeah, I don't have high speed access at the moment, on 3G data. I was hoping someone could upload a link to the factory l2.img so I wouldn't have to go to Starbucks and download the whole factory image. Much appreciated if anyone inclined to do so. Cheers

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya

Hi, yeah, I don't have high speed access at the moment, on 3G data. I was hoping someone could upload a link to the factory l2.img so I wouldn't have to go to Starbucks and download the whole factory image. Much appreciated if anyone inclined to do so. Cheers

On page 3 in the middle of the 29th post there are links to these files ---- they are very small - 2 seconds to download them
https://xdaforums.com/android/general/twrp-3-3-1-umidigi-power-4g-t3939553/page3

Last edited:
Reactions: Alamoo

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
On page 3 in the middle of the 29th post there are links to these files ---- they are very small - 2 seconds to download them
https://xdaforums.com/android/general/twrp-3-3-1-umidigi-power-4g-t3939553/page3

Thank u! I tried flashing it and still getting bootloop. I actually went to restaurant and downloaded the official Power 1.5 rar file (1.08 GB). When I got home, it was corrupted ?.
I appreciate all the information and resources you and the others have put on this forum but I just can't seem to get it to work. I've flashed custom ROMs many times on Nexus 4, 7, etc. So easy! Now after 2 days, I'm fatigued, maybe I'm getting too old for this?. Or maybe these cheaper Chinese phones are more finicky or Android is more secure than a few years ago.
Now I'd just like to at least get a working phone going. I only wanted to root it because it wouldn't let me change my APNs but I can live with it if it'll at least be a functional phone.
I wonder if there is a link to stock recovery.img and flash that just to get a working phone. (Your prediction was correct: I forgot to make backups).
Cheerio

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
To turn the phone on the MTK processor into a brick or kill it - you need to try very hard. Everything is fine with you - only an error in Google Play --- you can clear the application cache and clear updates in the application and everything will work fine. You always have the most reliable option - through FlashTools - flash the firmware version 1.5. It will be a clean installation without errors.
The TWRPs that exist for our phone are not fully developed and are not yet reliable. You will not be able to restore with my rum via TWRP. You will get a cyclic download. Unfortunately, my phone is not yet in my hands, only in a week can I receive it. I can not test the last two TWRPs yet. You have only one way out and it is the most correct and reliable - to flash your phone through the computer with stock firmware.
They work all - I myself installed them through FlashTuls 1.5_20190826, versions 1.5_20190720 and 1.5_20190717

You say it's very hard to kill this phone...I may have found a way! I decided to lock the bootloader with fastboot. Now when I boot up, there's no display, nothing happening. As a glimmer of hope, when I plug it into a computer, it recognizes it by playing 'device connected' sound but then 'device disconnected' sound soon after like it's in a loop. I think I'll try to get factory image somehow and flash as a last attempt.
It's actually a great phone, maybe I should have just accepted it as is; those first hours with it were magical. Cheerio

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya
Try to download this ROM - this is a fully finished official one and through Flash Tools write it down - it will restore your phone without a single error. The phone will work 100 percent. I just requested this ROM. I had Ruth - everything returned to the factory settings - everything works
Prior to this, I wrote down firmware from version 1.3_EU on version 1.5_Global and vice versa - everything works fine. On one phone, I changed the firmware from different versions of 1.2_EU to 1.4_Global - 1.3_EU to 1.5_Global, there were no problems. Launch Flash Tools and through the scatter file download the firmware and click on the Download Only button. As soon as the phone screen goes blank (You have a cyclic bootloop) - immediately connect it to the Computer. The firmware will start - a maximum of 3 minutes and everything will work
My phone came with version 1.4_Global - I have already flashed it 10 times and gave Ruth rights - but now I have installed 1.3_Europe. Installed Ruth rights and installed TWRP - formatted the Data section and TWRP sees the internal memory.
UMIDIGI_Power_V1.5_20190720.rar
https://yadi.sk/d/KBFzJMGAwUjxZQ

Last edited:

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
To turn the phone on the MTK processor into a brick or kill it - you need to try very hard. Everything is fine with you - only an error in Google Play --- you can clear the application cache and clear updates in the application and everything will work fine. You always have the most reliable option - through FlashTools - flash the firmware version 1.5. It will be a clean installation without errors.
The TWRPs that exist for our phone are not fully developed and are not yet reliable. You will not be able to restore with my rum via TWRP. You will get a cyclic download. Unfortunately, my phone is not yet in my hands, only in a week can I receive it. I can not test the last two TWRPs yet. You have only one way out and it is the most correct and reliable - to flash your phone through the computer with stock firmware.
They work all - I myself installed them through FlashTuls 1.5_20190826, versions 1.5_20190720 and 1.5_20190717

Thank u, I will go to restaurant and download through wifi. It sounds promising!

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
Factory File corrupt!

I've tried downloading 4 times at my friends place, at McDonald's, etc.
I tried your link, the one at Umidigi Community, etc.
Each time, corrupt file.
Is there an issue with downloading large files, etc?
Anyone know the solution?

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
Mount system rw

Finally got the TWRP and root to take.
I'm not able to mount system read write tho.
The whole point was to make changes to APN conf files, but I can't save files in read only /system.
Was the decrypt zip supposed to allow write access to /system.
Everyone able to mount /system rw?
And explain how?
Thanks

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya
I've tried downloading 4 times at my friends place, at McDonald's, etc.
I tried your link, the one at Umidigi Community, etc.
Each time, corrupt file.
Is there an issue with downloading large files, etc?
Anyone know the solution?

I downloaded the link 20 minutes ago that I gave you and updated my phone with this file - there are no errors.
Maybe your flash drive is not of good quality, or your unpacker is damaged, or is the Anti-Virus system abnormal? Look for the problem in these three points.
The problem is only on your side - From writing to a USB flash drive a downloaded file to unpacking it on a computer. Replace the flash drive - or format it.
I have the Total Commander - it already has all the unpackers.

Last edited:

Alamoo

Aug 17, 2017
Edited system file, it got restored to original!

For those wanting to edit system configuration XMLs, FX File Manager is a great app from Play store. Once it's granted root access, u can click an icon and it will mount system partition read/write.
I was able to find apn-conf.xml and add the correct APN and settings and save it. However when I re-entered SIM, the file reverted back to original! I had even changed it to read only. I think Android and the carriers don't want u messing with their default configurations.
I don't mind except that when I turn on hotspot, I can connect but get no internet.
Still researching more, but it appears with each succeeding Android version, the carriers have more control of the system. It may not be solvable so I'll have to keep switching my SIM out to my older phone just to get a working hotspot ?.
If anybody finds a better solution, please let me know.
At least now I got a functioning rooted phone thanks to all the info I found here.
Cheerio

venso

Mar 15, 2013
Antalya
Once it's granted root access, u can click an icon and it will mount system partition read/write.
Cheerio
All this is in the application Total Commander
Writing and reading, 2 panels for any actions with folders and files, changing attributes - clearly. Unpacking and packaging - a lot of opportunities.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 331 Porting Thread for New UMIDIGI Power 4G

New thread for the new model UMIDIGI Power 4G Helio P35 Octa core Mtk 6765

Umidigi Power 4G MT6765 Octa Core 4G 4GB 64GB Android 9 Smartphone 6,3 inches

Everybody are Welcome!:good:

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
    More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=256
    Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE​
    UMIDIGI Power Root + TWRP Guide

Any chance you'll post the 1.5 twrp for this device?
    Sure thing. I planned on doing it last weekend but I ran into some issues after installing it. I wanted to clean up the process a bit before I posted anything. But here ya go, for anyone looking!

-----------------------------------

**IMPORTANT**
    THIS PROCESS WILL COMPLETELY WIPE YOUR PHONE TO FACTORY SETTINGS.
    YOU WILL NEED AN EXTERNAL SD CARD FOR THIS (USB OTG will work too).

This guide is designed for the v1.5 update for the UMIDIGI Power. You can attempt to use this guide on newer updates when they're released but they may or may not work (I can't test them because they don't exist at the time of writing lol).

Back Up EVERYTHING you want to save!

My Recommendations:
    Apps: Titanium Backup (Paid app that only works if you're rooted. If you're not currently rooted, just use Google's automatic app backup.)
    Calls / Messages: SMS Backup & Restore
    Photos/Videos: Google Photos
    Anything Else: Copy to your External SD Card

So let's get started.
    If you have already followed my previous "Root Only" Guide, you can skip Steps 1-4 (Step 4 might still be good to verify though).

Step 0 - Download the Attached Zip File Below
    Google Drive Mirror
    Mediafire Mirror
    MEGA Mirror

Also, downloading the stock firmware is not necessary for this guide, but here's the link in case you run into issues or need to factory reset with SP Flash Tool.
    You can download the latest firmware(s) from the official UMIDIGI forums here.

Step 1 - Drivers
    Install the MediaTek drivers by running "DriverInstaller.exe".

Step 2 - Install ADB Interface
    Install the Android SDK (ADB Interface). To do this drop the platform-tools folder (from the Step 2 folder) into your C:\ directory. Press the windows start button and search for "Environment Variables" and click on "Edit environment variables" from the results. Under SYSTEM VARIABLES on the bottom (not User variables above it) click on the "Path" variable, and click edit. In the new window that appears, hit "Browse..." and click on the "platform-tools" folder that you placed in your C:\ directory.

All this does is allows you to easily input adb commands into command prompt with no issues. This will be used to verify that the device is appearing properly and issue commands in case of emergency.

BYfQquO.png

Step 3 - OEM Unlocking/USB Debugging Mode
    On your phone, go to Settings >> System >> Developer Options. (If you haven't activated Developer Options yet, do that by going to About Phone >> Build number, and tap it a bunch of times, but I'm sure you already know this lol)

In Developer Options, turn on "OEM Unlocking" to unlock the bootloader, and "USB Debugging".

Step 4 - Verify That Your Phone is Detected with ADB
    Connect your phone to your PC. Make sure you click the "Allow USB debugging" prompt on your phone when it's connected. Then open up Command Prompt. Now, type in "adb devices" and verify that your phone is detected by your computer. If it's detected, then that's perfect you can move on to the next step. If not, then your drivers may not have installed properly.

Step 5 - Transfer TWRP Files to SD Card
    Copy the "TWRP" folder (from the Step 5 folder) to your external SD card. (The folder cannot be on the phone's internal storage, as it will be wiped!!) You may also replace Magisk with whichever version you prefer, the one included is version 19.3.

Step 6 - Set Up SP Flash Tool
    Open up SP Flash Tool on your computer by running "flash_tool.exe" in the SP Flash Tool Folder. (If at any time it shows a "Processing" window for some reason, just close and reopen the program if it doesn't go away on its own.) Set Download-Agent to "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin". Set "Scatter-loading File" to "MT6765_Android_scatter.txt". In the green and white table below set the preloader, recovery, and lk files to the respective files provided in the Step 6 folder.

What are these files?
    PRELOADER: The preloader. Flashing it is not always necessary, but SP FLash Tool frequently requests it, so I included it.
    RECOVERY: TWRP 3.3.1. (Provided by nemo-nemo.)
    LK: This file flashes over the stock lk and prevents the "5 Second Orange State" message at boot from appearing.

Note: The lk.img file provided is only confirmed working for the v1.5 update. (Provided by Chela_vek.)

P2amUEI.png

Step 7 - Flash TWRP
    Power off your phone and make sure it's UNPLUGGED. On SP Flash Tool, click "Download". This prepares the program to begin flashing your phone as soon as it is connected. Grab your phone with one hand, and with your other hand plug in the USB cable. Your screen should not turn on at all throughout this process, but if it's successful, you should see that the program begins to flash your device after a second or two. Now just wait until it reaches 100% and says "Download Ok" with a green checkmark. TWRP is now installed. But don't boot the phone up just yet.

Step 8 - Format and Flash the Zips with TWRP
    Your phone is currently encrypted, and you must format the data in order to unencrypt it so TWRP can access its storage. Hold Volume Up + Power and boot into recovery. You should see the TWRP splash screen. The following screen will ask you for a password to decrypt your phone. You can set your language and then skip this. (If you don't select your language, the next screen will be in Russian. Refer to the second image provided for help if you get stuck there.) On the second screen swipe the "Swipe to Allow Modifications" slider.

0d7TDP5.jpg

zg75F2U.jpg

Once you arrive at the main menu click on Wipe >> Format Data >> then type "yes" to continue. Once the format is complete go to Install >> Select Storage >> Micro SD card and select the TWRP folder you copied over in Step 5.

In this order flash:
    1. Magisk
    2. Disable Dm-Verity ForceEncrypt (Prevents the phone from automatically encrypting upon boot.)
    3. Decrypt Power
    (Note: I am not 100% sure if the third file is needed as using it alone didn't seem to work for me the first time [hence the 2nd file I provided], but it is what was provided by nemo-nemo on 4PDA, and I went ahead and just flashed both files on my phone.)

Step 9 - You're Done!
    Your phone should be good to go. You may now perform a backup using TWRP and boot up your phone!

TROUBLESHOOTING
    EVERYTHING WORKS - HOWEVER - PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE A FEW MINOR ISSUES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED.

BOOT ISSUES
    There are some issues with it getting stuck at boot and the phone just sits at one of the two "UMIDIGI" boot screens. If your phone does not boot up within 2~3 min, try powering it off and back on again (*I'd wait about ~5 min for big changes like system updates before rebooting). I've found that you may have to reboot up to two additional times from the inital boot up. You will likely encounter this issue each time you perform a backup or flash a major zip file.

One technique that I have found to consistently work should your phone have issues booting, is to open up TWRP, go to one of your backups, and restore "md1img", then boot your phone. Other times I've had to restore everything starting from logo, expdb, (...) all the way down to the bottom with dtbo, vbmeta, etc... and that resolved the issue for me in other cases. I have yet to really narrow it down to a single file (or files), but restoring the md1img usually seems to resolve it for me.

RESTORING BACKUPS
    Another thing I found is TWRP sometimes seems to get stuck on restoring System Image or Vendor Image when restoring a backup, so I often skip these, or restore them individually from the rest of the backup.

Anyways, sorry for such a long guide. I wanted to be clear and thorough. Hope this helps some of my fellow UMIDIGI Power owners out there! And thanks to the people at the 4PDA forums for providing these files to the community.
    Root UMIDIGI Power with Magisk

Can you write how you got the root of the law? Instructions for inexperienced users.
    Thank you in advance.

Sure thing! Here's a Magisk root guide for anyone just getting started that I wrote up just now. (All mentioned files are provided in the zip.)

Step 0 - Download the Attached Zip File Below
    Google Drive Mirror
    Mediafire Mirror
    MEGA Mirror

Step 1 - Drivers
    Install the MediaTek drivers by running "DriverInstaller.exe". These are the drivers that worked for me. But if you have issues with them in Step 5, Google "Mediatek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers" (or some variation of that) and try some others you can find.

Step 2 - Install ADB Interface
    Install the Android SDK (ADB Interface). To do this drop the platform-tools folder (from the Step 2 folder) into your C:\ directory. Press the windows start button and search for "Environment Variables" and click on "Edit environment variables" from the results. Under SYSTEM VARIABLES on the bottom (not User variables above it) click on the "Path" variable, and click edit. In the new window that appears, hit "Browse..." and click on the "platform-tools" folder that you placed in your C:\ directory.

All this does is allows you to easily input adb commands into command prompt with no issues. This will be used to verify that the device is appearing properly and issue commands in case of emergency.

Zk3VMMI.png

Step 3 - Install Magisk
    Copy the Magisk.apk to your phone and install it.
    (This is where you can then copy the boot.img to your device and patch it via the Magisk app to create the "magisk_patched_boot.img" file, however I have included the already patched file in Step 6 for the UMIDIGI Power so you don't need to.)

Also, this is the Magisk v19.3 Beta, but you can install another version.

Step 4 - OEM Unlocking/USB Debugging Mode
    On your phone, go to Settings >> System >> Developer Options. (If you haven't activated Developer Options yet, do that by going to About Phone >> Build number, and tap it a bunch of times, but I'm sure you already know this lol)

In Developer Options, turn on "OEM Unlocking" to unlock the bootloader, and USB Debugging.

Step 5 - Verify That Your Phone is Detected with ADB
    Connect your phone to your PC. Make sure you click "Allow USB debugging" on your phone. Then open up Command Prompt. (Protip: Type "color a" and press Enter if you want to feel like a REAL HACKERMAN.) Now, type in "adb devices" and verify that your phone is detected by your computer. If it's detected, then that's perfect you can move on to Step 6. If not, then uh... you may have to try and find some other MediaTek drivers mentioned in Step 1.

Step 6 - Set up SP Flash Tool
    Open up SP Flash Tool on your computer by running "flash_tool.exe" in the SP Flash Tool Folder. (If at any time it shows a "Processing" window for some reason, just close and reopen the program if it doesn't go away on its own.)

On the first line choose "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin". And the third line "Authentication File" can be left blank.

On the second line where it shows "Scatter-loading File", hit "choose" and find the "MT6765_Android_scatter.txt" file in the Step 6 folder. It'll load up and show a bunch of green/white rows in the space below.

Now this looked intimidating to me at first, but it's actually quite simple. As far as I understand (and I could be wrong but), the scatter file just tells the program where to place certain files, like a map for the program to follow. The scatter file I provided is for the UMIDIGI Power. The only thing we'll worry about for now is the boot.img file (but in the future, this is where you could also install a TWRP recovery once we get one that is confirmed to work.)

So in the white/green list, scroll down to where it says "boot" in the "Name" column, and click on the blank area in the "Location" column. It will bring up a window where you can browse to the "magisk_patched_boot.img" that I provided.

ZAEuHAM.png

Step 7 - The Big Huzzah (Rooting)
    Power off your phone and make sure it's UNPLUGGED. On SP Flash Tool, click "Download". This prepares the program to begin flashing your phone as soon as it is connected. Grab your phone with one hand, and with your other hand plug in the USB cable (if you only have one hand, use your mouth I guess). Your screen should not turn on at all throughout this process, but if it's successful, you should see that the program begins to flash your device after a second or two. Now just wait until it reaches 100% and says "Download Ok" with a green checkmark. And you're pretty much done!

You can then boot up your phone and check the Magisk app, as well as download a root checker from the Play Store to confirm that your phone has root access! Have fun!
    If anyone is interested, I built twrp for latest 1.5 firmware (v1.5_20190826)

twrp: drive.google.com/open?id=1JYEX-UBQ8kWiZVu0TtGTZ2Wq21-mLxZ5
    lk.img needed to suppress annoying orange state warning: drive.google.com/open?id=1nDbQJZ5exkES7QTF_jdL-KiNf5dOzaSO (flash it on both lk and lk2)
    stock vbmeta.img, in case you don't already have it: drive.google.com/open?id=1MoF8iyJBN_u-uHi8myMwJZRnVTzAq6IZ
    scatter file, if you don't already have it: pastebin.com/i6dcUwMa

Flash those files only on top of v1.5_20190826 firmware!. flashing lk.img in other firmware versions will cause your ROM not to boot 'till you reflash the stock one, while if you flash twrp in other firmware versions, it won't boot only the recovery. With firmware I mean at least the needed partitions from that version, you can ofc flash other roms or GSIs on top of that
    Unlocked bootloader is needed!
    I'm not responsible of damages caused by wrong, interrupted flashes and so on

After flashing twrp you'll have to disable dm-verity (in case you didn't do it before), otherwise, when you boot to recovery, the device will just reboot instead of booting to twrp.
    To do that, boot the device to fastboot mode and flash stock vbmeta.img (I provided it in case you don't want to download stock rom) with this command:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

sources: github.com/DeadSquirrel01/android_device_umidigi_power

The recovery is still under testing, even though I've already tested the main features

Update 02/20/2020 : Add busybox to have useful command line tools
    I will build one other version of recovery soon...