there is a new update

17th July 2019, 05:44 PM |#22  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1975

there is a new update

Well, got the OTA pushed (20190716) and updated to newest ... there is a Euro patch/update available.

One of the fixes is for improved/better camera response, but it is still NOT good - it can launch, will open the front camera but rear camera still frozen and/or blurry when switching from front to rear camera.

Anyone else noticed a different with positive results on the camera, I don't
17th July 2019, 06:20 PM |#23  
Flag Capital Federal
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Did you tried a factory reset after the update?
The good Is that the company is working on updates.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to luchardi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luchardi Ad-Free
17th July 2019, 08:07 PM |#24  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Changelog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190717_160641.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	4793531  
17th July 2019, 08:30 PM |#25  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhunt

Changelog

We all got this or similar one for Euro. Have you noticed/check to see if your camera/app is working 99%, front & rear ?? When I open the Camera app - I get a black/blank screen (see below) - this is not "improved" to me (Umidigi - are you reading this ??)

Mine has NOT and I am not about to do a factory reset (as suggested by poster above, thank you) & to spend hours/time restoring and setting up my Apps again - if anyone else just got their brand new A5 Pro and going to do it - please kindly post your results & show us some screenshots. Thank you !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190717-152543[1].png
Views:	234
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	4793542  
18th July 2019, 05:13 AM |#26  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Found on 4pda

Improving the quality of photos on umidigi a5 pro
Thank you for the idea razorx16*

This method most likely will not work if you immediately upgrade to firmware 1.2 without using the camera before. In version 1.2 of the firmware, the developers improved the quality of the photo, but did not reset the application settings, so you need to reset the camera settings. Perhaps with future updates will have to do the same.

To improve the quality of the photo, you need to reset the Camera application settings. How to do it point by point:
Open Settings
Follow the path Applications and notifications - Show all applications
Find the Camera application among the installed applications and open information about it.
In the “About application” window that appears, stop the application
Next, click Storage and "Clear Storage".

If the first time did not work, try to restart the phone and repeat the steps NOT launching the camera application. For the addition, thank BogKoshaK*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jade1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jade1975 Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 08:49 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same issue with camera, but my front camera doesnt work at all!!! Only the rear cameras work.

I have latest build 0716 via OTA.

Then I wiped out the camera app cache

Still same issue.

I think the HW might be faulty on this phone. I suggest no one buys this until this is solved. Too many people with camera issues!!!! Avoid at all costs!
Yesterd
19th July 2019, 11:27 PM |#28  

More
Can't receive SMS or calls after first restart, but can send them (internet ok)
Hi there,
Not sure if this is the exact place to post this but I wanted to report a very problematic issue that I am experiencing with this phone: I can't receive SMS or calls. But I can send SMS, calls, and use internet very well, and it's not a network issue since it connects very easily to mobile internet with three or four bars
The thing is, if I factory reset the phone, and enter my PIN code during the install, I would receive SMS and calls just fine, but if I restart the phone then it's over, I can't receive them anymore. I tried different things, installing updates during the first start, after the first start, after the first restart, not installing any updates, disabling google play services, not changing any parameters: It's all completely useless. The only thing that works is doing another factory reset and not restarting the phone after that, but this is not viable.
To me it seems completely like a software issue, and I had big hopes that this description of my issue would ring some bells to you. If not I have no idea what to do.
Thanks for your attention,
Greetings.
PS: I don't think this is related, but I use the phone without a google account (but I can still download updates for the system and for apps (when I don't deactivate google play))

---------- Post added 20th July 2019 at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th July 2019 at 11:43 PM ----------

Oh my god I'm such a ****ing dumbass
While writing the post I thought about the things I did not try and I thought randomly why not trying not to encrypt the phone during the install and I factory reset the phone once more and this time I read everything that was written on the encryption pannel or rather Secure Startup pannel, which mentionned the fact that SMS and CALLS woudl NOT be received until the phone is unlocked !!!!! I hate myselft it's just RTFM as always
But still it's clearly a bug (since It did ask for my lock pattern everyt time during startup and I did input the correct lock pattern without any error messages during the whole process every time) and the only two reasons I can imagine why no one posted about this bug would be 1) that my ROM is altered/corrupted or 2) that it's linked to the fact I did not have a google account.
I feel very ashamed and I'm thinking to go harakiri myself, but I will keep my posts here in case other people experience the same issue (Solution=No encrypting your phone).
I don't feel brave enough to make bug report to the Umidigi team, but feel free to do so
No one really did help me but posting did help for me so thanks to xda
Bye
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
20th July 2019, 01:51 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_photo

I think the HW might be faulty on this phone. I suggest no one buys this until this is solved. Too many people with camera issues!!!! Avoid at all costs!

A) Not everyone cares about the camera on their smartphones.
B) You are talking about a $99 (CAD$125), even if I wanted a better camera, the rest of the specs cover for the low price.

I am not saying that you shouldn't recommend "Do not buy" just because it's cheap, but I think that you went overboard with "Avoid at all costs"...
The Following User Says Thank You to Denkel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Denkel Ad-Free
20th July 2019, 06:31 AM |#30  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkel

A) Not everyone cares about the camera on their smartphones.
B) You are talking about a $99 (CAD$125), even if I wanted a better camera, the rest of the specs cover for the low price.

The A5 Pro is being promoted & offered as having "near" mid/high end triple camera and it is deceptive advertising, regardless of the intro/pre-sales/promo pricing ... or, else - some of us might've stayed with Xiaomi or similar brands with "average" camera specs, but one that works out of the box - brand new, without going thru 2 OTA updates & patches in less than 15 days. It does not speak to this growing company's technical competence !!

I am willing to overlook its awesome camera features, above & beyond of what I've come to expect - and, will settle for the app that works 95% of the time - I am not going to push for 98%, not realistic from what others & I seen ... up until now. Not happening - I give them a B- for efforts to try to fix but a D- for failing to deliver on their repeated promises.

As for the discounted pricing that some of us paid, well - the penalty is that we got charged & paid in full, waited over 45 days (or more) for delivery & finding assorted issues, bugs with some of the basic functions & features. Regardless of how much it cost, I am sure if I will use this as my primary smartphone on a daily basis - luckily, I have 5 or 6 highly functional smartphone that are more dependable ... including an older Honor 5X from Huawei, running a custom Lineage Rom. Guest what, the camera just works, nothing fancy or no wide-angle lens for sharp pictures - but I take that over a frozen camera or app that failed to open at all.

This is a global smartphone with 2 different firmware/software being released into different markets - it raised serious doubts & questions on whether I want to give them another chance buying more of their products, nicely marketed & promoted but poor after-sales & tech support ... "Some" of the end users are likely to be less tech competent to know how to setup & use the flashtool & manually patch/update the rom/OTA files, etc. unlike some of us, to fix it - I highly doubt that the average retail repair shops or shopping mall kiosk are equipped to deal this.

OK - tech update - I've managed to lauch & use ONLY the wide angle main camera to open & take pictures, without freezing or blurry or both; and, to switch to the front camera. Now, it is at least not solid DOA & unusable at all, but it is still below, well below, expectations as advertised - Umidigi promised but not, and, we wait again for V1.4 to come out next week (hopefully) to fix more issues.

How, have to use download & install the flashtool, the full rom(s) and power down, get into pre-loader mode, and set up the Windows app to downgrade the rom, and, do the OTA again. Clearing the camera app's storage & cache, even when done twice & rebooted in between, did not help.

To see if the A5 Pro's camera is working at all, try selecting the "wide angle" option - top of screen, 2nd. one of the left - it might take a moment for it to open & respond. Otherwise, I had better luck with opening the front camera vs. the main camera. In short, this is not acceptable.

Given the language issues, not all of the users from other parts of the world are necessary going to be able to read, understood & feel comfortable trying the different fixes. An OTA patch should be able to deal with this - imagine for a moment, that you have to do this with an Apple iPhone or Xiaomi or Huawei or Oppo smartphone.

Meanwhile, let's see if UMI is going to update the Android security patch level - it is going to fall behind, still on May 5, 2019 only.
The Following User Says Thank You to Letitride For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Letitride Ad-Free
20th July 2019, 12:00 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitride

OK - tech update - I've managed to lauch & use ONLY the wide angle main camera to open & take pictures, without freezing or blurry or both; and, to switch to the front camera. Now, it is at least not solid DOA & unusable at all, but it is still below, well below, expectations as advertised - Umidigi promised but not, and, we wait again for V1.4 to come out next week (hopefully) to fix more issues.

Hi great post i fully agree.

How did you get this working? What versions did you have to flash in what order with what ota with the flash took etc. Id settle for what you have working, my front camera doesnt even start! I need to be able to make video calls otherwise this is one expensive junk brick to me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)