By ghost45, Senior Member on 9th June 2019, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 05:28 PM |#311  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutaqq

I've tried flashing a few times, but no luck. I am not concerned about ... battery can not last even 24 hours on standby, where previously it could for 3-5 days. I'm way past 15 days allowed to open a dispute on Ali, and since phone was paid in May, I can not even open a case with credit card company. Seller is just not responding through Ali messaging.

Sorry and sad to read about your unsuccessful efforts ... did you try the EU rom as well, what about going back to the earlier V1.2 rom (I think most of us that did early Pre-Sales got that pre-installed & then OTA) with either global or EU rom. My impression was that the EU V1.4 rom (early August) was more responsive than the global one.

If none of this works - then it's nearly useless and just a nice brick or paperweight. For me, plan is to use it - worst come to worst - as a mini wireless security camera monitor, keep it connected to usb wall charger & watch streaming video feed from home security system, if not to watch youtube.

Have you spoken to your credit card issuer about disputing the charge - when did you receive it, in early/mid July like me ? It doesn't hurt to call your CC company. As for Umidigi - did you also try to post on their FB page and see what they say (if they respond !!) but i agree, most likely - you get the runaround or they will just ignore you & they do with everyone else. Stupid Sarah ... or whatever the screen ID name is/was on AliE.

11th September 2019, 07:33 PM |#312  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitride

Have you spoken to your credit card issuer about disputing the charge - when did you receive it, in early/mid July like me ? It doesn't hurt to call your CC company. As for Umidigi - did you also try to post on their FB page and see what they say (if they respond !!) but i agree, most likely - you get the runaround or they will just ignore you & they do with everyone else. Stupid Sarah ... or whatever the screen ID name is/was on AliE.

No luck with any official version.
Is there any other partition except nvram, nvcfg and nvdata which contains phone-specific data? In twrp there is a whole bunch of them, and only nv*, protect_f, protect_s, Frp, Proinfo, expdb, seccfg, Modem are not part of firmware release. Maybe format did overwrite some of the battery and fingerprint info, who knows.
Thank you for your help
11th September 2019, 08:59 PM |#313  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

No luck with any official version.
Is there any other partition except nvram, nvcfg and nvdata which contains phone-specific data? In twrp there is a whole bunch of them, and only nv*, protect_f, protect_s, Frp, Proinfo, expdb, seccfg, Modem are not part of firmware release. Maybe format did overwrite some of the battery and fingerprint info, who knows.
Thank you for your help

Format erased info about fp, serial number and other specific info. You should have got all those partitions (those not flashable in scatter file) and not only the NV related. Then you could flash them all with fastboot and have the phone as new. I think that info is lost forever now.
11th September 2019, 09:29 PM |#314  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR8148

Format erased info about fp, serial number and other specific info. You should have got all those partitions (those not flashable in scatter file) and not only the NV related. Then you could flash them all with fastboot and have the phone as new. I think that info is lost forever now.

Do you know which partition contains that information? I can ask someone who has A5 to dump it. Thank you.
11th September 2019, 11:32 PM |#315  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Do you know which partition contains that information? I can ask someone who has A5 to dump it. Thank you.

In reality I don't know exactly what partitions contain what info, that's why I've made a backup of all them with readback in spft. Anyway if you ask someone else a backup of his phone you get specific info of that person's phone. It is almost certain that some things will not work in yours. Finger print, for instance, will not match digital signature in hardware with the one on the backed partition of other phone and so it will not be available on setup menu. Probably other things will not work also. Serial number and macadress will be the ones of the other phone. This may lead to problems if both phones are connected to the same wifi router or in other circunstances..
Anyway I may be wrong. I'm not an android expert. You can allways give it a try and see what happens.
12th September 2019, 02:24 AM |#316  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Quote:

No luck with any ... Maybe format did overwrite some of the battery and fingerprint info, who knows. Thank you for your help

I am not sure if you read these 2 links/tutorial guide on Umidigi - since you aren't entirely a stranger to using ADB and flashing tools, etc. It might help and might not ... Good luck with it & post specific error codes, messages or screenshots, etc. for other geeks to see - maybe, help brainstorm along with you.
https://community.umidigi.com/forum....read&tid=16931
https://community.umidigi.com/forum....extra=page%3D1
2nd. link is about repairing IMEI with SN Writer

Appeal with your cc issuer/bank about the defective A5 Pro and Umidigi's failure to respond & provide warranty service.

On a side note, my A5 Pro now will only charge to 94% - reboot/power cycle it, connected to a different wall charger for 12+ hours. It's pretty sad for a 2 months old smartphone - speak to bad quality control & use of sub-par components.
12th September 2019, 02:43 PM |#317  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR8148

In reality I don't know exactly what partitions contain what info, that's why I've made a backup of all them with readback in spft. Anyway if you ask someone else a backup of his phone you get specific info of that person's phone. It is almost certain that some things will not work in yours. Finger print, for instance, will not match digital signature in hardware with the one on the backed partition of other phone and so it will not be available on setup menu. Probably other things will not work also. Serial number and macadress will be the ones of the other phone. This may lead to problems if both phones are connected to the same wifi router or in other circunstances..
Anyway I may be wrong. I'm not an android expert. You can allways give it a try and see what happens.

I have a proper MAC address and both original IMEI restored, not concerned about serial number. You are right about fingerprint, but I can live without it. Thank you for your help.
I will probably wait for another OTA or maybe custom ROM in the future. In the meantime, I will make inquiries with CC company about possible chargeback or try to flash those partitions in question if some other A5 is available.
Yesterday, 12:33 AM |#318  

More
Hi All

I just ordered an A5 Pro from amazon.ca which i assume comes with the global or non EU firmware. However i would like to use the phone for an upcoming trip to Europe for calls and data with a prepaid sim-card when i get there.

How different is the EU firmware?
Should i flash it to the phone for the trip or are there hardware differences as well?

Thanks
Yesterday, 01:14 AM |#319  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachX

Hi All

I just ordered an A5 Pro from amazon.ca which i assume comes with the global or non EU firmware. However i would like to use the phone for an upcoming trip to Europe for calls and data with a prepaid sim-card when i get there.

Should i flash it to the phone for the trip or are there hardware differences as well?

Thanks

You'll be fine with the phone as it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9up! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 9up! Ad-Free
Yesterday, 02:10 AM |#320  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachX

Hi All

Thanks

These are the active bands on my device (non EU) FW.

Should be indicative whether it can work where you're going when you compare against the bands used at your destination.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190917-090702.png
Views:	106
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	4820567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190917-090723.png
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	4820568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190917-090733.png
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	4820569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190917-090744.png
Views:	84
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	4820570  
The Following User Says Thank You to chooks06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chooks06 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-a5-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)