UMIDIGI A5 Pro

Search This thread

Letitride

Why not try Hadenix's Pixel Experience ROM, Android 10? I just installed recently and it seems to be pretty stable ... Maybe my device is a letter production batch.
Great to know & to a healthy & happier 2021 for everyone ... catching up on XDA on posts from last several months, been busy with living.

I will look that up & consider giving it a try, thanks for the heads up. Mine is among the earliest rush to ship factory production batch with camera issues but if the placebo effect is good, I will gladly hit the "Enter" key to flash it, what the hell - got nothing to lose ... when I get free time in the evening or weekend.

I reflash the entire V1.8 factory rom last week for a clean install, still no luck with the camera, everything else on it worked for me, WiFi & cellular radios, bluetooth & apps - just annoying to having no basic camera functions when in a hurry for a quick photo.

We shall see how this Pixel rom go ... I got a spare Nexus 6P sitting around and these 2 devices will be my long & dark winter projects at home. Priority is dealing with & avoiding Covid-19, an urgent life matter for everyone & almost anyone on planet Earth. Be safe & well, best regards. I will post & update on my findings and outcome afterward. Thanks.

estebanj1980

Mar 31, 2021
Hey guys,

any luck flashing any hadenix custom rom for umidigi A5 Pro in 2021? I been trying to do that with lineage os 17.1 but after I hit reboot system from TWRP it takes me everytime to fastboot mode. Has anybody ran into this problem?

Regards!

flairepathos.info

Dec 8, 2018
South Africa
Hi, for the people who bought this smartphone i need to ask you, is this device worth it? I'm looking for a new smartphone, nothing fancy or an ultra powered snapdragon. It's mainly for basic use, like taking basic photos, internet, whatsapp, watching youtube and listening to music. 4gb ram and 4000mah battery seems good. Are the cameras bug fixed? Should i buy this smartphone or is there any other budget option that i could find on Black Friday? I've been taking a look at the Doogee N20, but i didn't found much information like this one.
Honestly look at xiaomi or redmi devices they will fare you better in the longrun

flairepathos.info

Dec 8, 2018
South Africa
Hey guys,

any luck flashing any hadenix custom rom for umidigi A5 Pro in 2021? I been trying to do that with lineage os 17.1 but after I hit reboot system from TWRP it takes me everytime to fastboot mode. Has anybody ran into this problem?

Regards!
Not the exact problem but with Doogee n20 (same mtk/helio p23 version), it doesnt seem to work when using fastboot to flash
but is you had stock rom, make sure it was rooted(i used magisk)
this is the method and working version I used: follow every step (if g apps flash isnt working you can skip you dont need the extra bloatware ; ) .

I dont really know if this is true but from my experience check the android os version, the modded version must be yours plus 1 for it to work(if stock os was android 9 use the custom rom android 10 version)
if the custom rom stil refuses to work then the rom you're trying to install isnt compatiable/ want made with your phone in mind therefore look for a gsi version of the rom (if you bilieve the doogee n20 and the umidigi A5 pro are similar as I bilieve them to be )

But I'm guessing your is probably more similar to the Doogee N20 pro (Comes with android 10)
Then preferable install a android 11 gsi rom
so instead of "pixelexperience-10-gsi-android-10" its = "pixelexperience-11-gsi-android-11"
i used the ARM64 AB version though I bilieve it should be compatiable with a ARM32 to 64 and 64 version AB

If you do get to test it out and works please com back and update, someone out there is probably going through the same thing as you are

flairepathos.info

Dec 8, 2018
South Africa
Great to know & to a healthy & happier 2021 for everyone ... catching up on XDA on posts from last several months, been busy with living.

I will look that up & consider giving it a try, thanks for the heads up. Mine is among the earliest rush to ship factory production batch with camera issues but if the placebo effect is good, I will gladly hit the "Enter" key to flash it, what the hell - got nothing to lose ... when I get free time in the evening or weekend.

I reflash the entire V1.8 factory rom last week for a clean install, still no luck with the camera, everything else on it worked for me, WiFi & cellular radios, bluetooth & apps - just annoying to having no basic camera functions when in a hurry for a quick photo.

We shall see how this Pixel rom go ... I got a spare Nexus 6P sitting around and these 2 devices will be my long & dark winter projects at home. Priority is dealing with & avoiding Covid-19, an urgent life matter for everyone & almost anyone on planet Earth. Be safe & well, best regards. I will post & update on my findings and outcome afterward. Thanks.
The doogee n20 brother also has same issue and ive diagnosed it to the 3rd camera (for focus), tried removing camera, reboot and readd, worked for a bit then went back to not working , havent retried since

flairepathos.info

Dec 8, 2018
South Africa
I also would like to find out if by any chance your gyrocope is working, apparently it has gyroscope (like my phone) but on my phone the gyroscope isn't found. only Gsensor is showing and working as caliberated although,it has exact same attribute for gyroscope(tested it in mtk engineering app)

If your gyro is working, please use hwinfo app to find out its specs,and driver. or if its virtual gyro

nenad6

Aug 23, 2020
Hi guys,the screen on my umidigi A5 pro goes black and is nonresponsive when is used more than 10/20 minutes and show only back button in the bottom of the screen and clock and battery /wifi status on top.
When i restart the phone everything on screen is working good but again after some time 15/20 minutes screen go black like on the picture i posted here.
Can anyone suggest what can be the problem and give some idea how to fix this problem whit the screen?
thanks.
Phone is on last official build V2.0_20210326

edit:
Also the top of the screen is slightly detached and phone is warm in the rear camera area.
Screenshot_2021-09-10-15-45-09-745_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Letitride

Hi guys,the screen on my umidigi A5 pro goes black and is nonresponsive when is used more than 10/20 minutes and show only back button in the bottom of the screen and clock and battery /wifi status on top.
When i restart the phone everything on screen is working good but again after some time 15/20 minutes screen go black like on the picture i posted here.
Can anyone suggest what can be the problem and give some idea how to fix this problem whit the screen? thanks.
edit:
Also the top of the screen is slightly detached and phone is warm in the rear camera area.

Question #1 - how long have you owned and used the A5 Pro ... are you happy & satisfied with how it performed ??

#2How is the A5 Pro's battery life & standby time ?? Battery health on mine is good, acceptable - still at 93%, mine does not feel warm on the backside, while in use and/or while being charged - is yours the same ??

My thoughts - I got this as one of the first production batch in early July, 2 months after it was announced after shipment delays. Mine is still working as I hardly use it anymore - was never used as my daily device; and just keep it as a spare in my desk drawer - tech support is limited to none, just poor and unless you have access to a factory authorized service/repair center with the necessary parts & know-how to fix it ... it is NOT, in my opinion, to even try to get it restore or fixed.

I am on the last official build too but that has really nothing to do with it, but, of course, you can flash or restore it to an early release to see for yourself. The problems being described could be true with any of the build, feel free to try a different one, might help but likely won't make a difference.

Phone feels warm and top of screen slightly detached, unless you dropped it or fell - without a case to protect it, and it was bent - suggesting that the battery is likely failing and possibly swollen, as that would "push" it out of the slim & tight space inside, and forcing space between the display screen and digitizer film. Another way of looking, the hardware quality of the A5 Pro is just not good, and beginning to come apart - you should save any money for repair ... and, start thinking about getting a newer smartphone that's better built, supported & worthy of buying. Just don't waste it on another Umidigi, their marketing & sales pitch sounded great but after sales support and help, gets a zero rating out of 5 from me & plenty others.

I have no idea where you are located, but check around to see if any of the reputable mobile service & repair centers are authorized or even bother to repair it, and get an estimate of its cost ... most likely, not worth it.

Wish I can be more positive about this & give you a better suggestion, apology to disappoint - sorry.

Reactions: nenad6

nenad6

Aug 23, 2020
Question #1 - how long have you owned and used the A5 Pro ... are you happy & satisfied with how it performed ??

#2How is the A5 Pro's battery life & standby time ?? Battery health on mine is good, acceptable - still at 93%, mine does not feel warm on the backside, while in use and/or while being charged - is yours the same ??

My thoughts - I got this as one of the first production batch in early July, 2 months after it was announced after shipment delays. Mine is still working as I hardly use it anymore - was never used as my daily device; and just keep it as a spare in my desk drawer - tech support is limited to none, just poor and unless you have access to a factory authorized service/repair center with the necessary parts & know-how to fix it ... it is NOT, in my opinion, to even try to get it restore or fixed.

I am on the last official build too but that has really nothing to do with it, but, of course, you can flash or restore it to an early release to see for yourself. The problems being described could be true with any of the build, feel free to try a different one, might help but likely won't make a difference.

Phone feels warm and top of screen slightly detached, unless you dropped it or fell - without a case to protect it, and it was bent - suggesting that the battery is likely failing and possibly swollen, as that would "push" it out of the slim & tight space inside, and forcing space between the display screen and digitizer film. Another way of looking, the hardware quality of the A5 Pro is just not good, and beginning to come apart - you should save any money for repair ... and, start thinking about getting a newer smartphone that's better built, supported & worthy of buying. Just don't waste it on another Umidigi, their marketing & sales pitch sounded great but after sales support and help, gets a zero rating out of 5 from me & plenty others.

I have no idea where you are located, but check around to see if any of the reputable mobile service & repair centers are authorized or even bother to repair it, and get an estimate of its cost ... most likely, not worth it.

Wish I can be more positive about this & give you a better suggestion, apology to disappoint - sorry.
I have it not long ago probably the issue is that was it stayed at direct sun exposure and i guess some contact in the display unglued or got loosen up.
My plan is to first try older build and if that not work will disassemble all parts clean all connectors and try if that fix the problem.
If that not work i probably use the battery to make diy powerbank and buy another phone because as you say maybe best option is new xiaomi or other brand.
Thanks for suggesting ideas.

Letitride

I have it not long ago probably the issue is that was it stayed at direct sun exposure and i guess some contact in the display unglued or got loosen up.
My plan is to first try older build and if that not work will disassemble all parts clean all connectors and try if that fix the problem.
If that not work i probably use the battery to make diy powerbank and buy another phone because as you say maybe best option is new xiaomi or other brand.
Thanks for suggesting ideas.
That's sounds like a reasonable plan, especially if you are comfortable with opening the device with care and have the proper tools, glue & contact adhesive, etc. to try a DIY repair. This device is not worth the trouble to bring it to a repair shop & pay someone a hourly or flat rate to fix it. If yours still got good battery life, sure - go modify it as a powerbank - it is slim & flat, not a bad idea. Do share on how you "did" it and what external parts are used, if any, aside from a cable with the proper USB-connectors on both end.

Otherwise, a pre-owned or new Xiaomi, Nokia and Huawei (entry or mid-tiers) would be a better choice with better & stronger tech & software support. Umidigi's official website is a joke & filled with spam messages, it is just sad. Good luck !!

Reactions: nenad6

Gamb!t

Sep 13, 2021
Hey guys,

Regards!
MANY MANY MANY TIMES.
Use the "breeze" version. It should be fine. DON'T wipe the vendor folder, if you did, put stock back on, and restart. Use Nik, not Gapps. Thats how I got it to work (I spent sat - mon all day figuring this out, I have a spare A5 LOL)

Attachments

• homescreen.jpeg
    homescreen.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 49
  • lockescreen.jpeg
    lockescreen.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 49
  • rooted.jpeg
    rooted.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 51

Der_Baliner

Nov 15, 2021
Europe
Can anyone suggest what can be the problem and give some idea how to fix this problem whit the screen?
thanks.

edit:
View attachment 5408359
Hey

have you formatted the NVram flash chip?
Is your Google account still working?

I think this is due to the missing A / B slot partition.

With my A5 Pro I have the same problem since a failed flash attempt under Win 10 X64 - driver problems.

Then boot loop and then completely dead!

I had to restore the Imei, but my phone is not working properly.

Mine only has the A slot partition after the failed flash attempt.
For me, the Google account doesn't work!
Finally fingerprint and Google Key are missing.

I just wanted to update from (EU) V1.7_20200430 to V2.0_20210326.
IMG_20211117_180302_934[1].jpg

Last edited:

nenad6

Aug 23, 2020
Hey

With my A5 Pro I have the same problem since a failed flash attempt under Win 10 X64 - driver problems.

I just wanted to update from (EU) V1.7_20200430 to V2.0_20210326.View attachment 5461187
I did not manage to fix it.
I picked up another phone as advised by the member above on this topic.
I'm sorry you have the same problem as I did but I have no useful advice to say except never buy umidigi again.

• Sad
Reactions: Letitride

tjhall1000

Aug 30, 2019
i dont get why they made this phone so hard to open the back of. i shattered the glass cover on the back trying to pry a razer blade in to try and crack it open v__v

BlackLynx

Nov 6, 2010
JPEGView_nzhPR3Jarh.png

JPEGView_vSguy6HiVb.png

Rear camera, right corner always blurry images, I have gotten used to it, using the wide screen camera for most occasions, but now I can't confirm my passport identity to open an online bank account because the operators think that I shake my phone too much and that the image is blurry because of me. SO FRUSTRATING

Josuéacosta

Dec 30, 2021
Hey

I just wanted to update from (EU) V1.7_20200430 to V2.0_20210326.View attachment 5461187
I got the same problem, finger print, and lock screen don't work. When the screen goes off I have to reboot. Any idea how to repair it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New UMIDIGI A5 Pro

New thread for the new model UMIDIGI A5 Pro Helio P23 Octa core Mtk 6763

Umidigi A5 PRO MT6763 Octa Core 4G 4GB 32GB Android 9 Smartphone 6,3 inches

1.jpg

Everybody are Welcome!:good:

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
    More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=256
    Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE​

Specification
    7.png

General

Brand: UMIDIGI
    Language: 147
    Provide Services: Unlocked
    SIM Slot cards: Dual Nano SIM
    SIM Card Type: Double Nano SIM
    to Sciarba type: 4G Mobile

Hardware

CPU: Helio P23
    Cores: 2.0GHz
    External Memory: TF card up to 256 GB (not included)
    GPU: ARM Mali-G71 MP2
    RAM: 4 GB of RAM
    ROM: 32GB

Network

2G: GSM 1800MHz, 1900MHz GSM, GSM 850MHz, 900MHz GSM
    3G: WCDMA 2100MHz B1, B2 WCDMA 1900MHz, 850MHz WCDMA B5, B8 900MHz WCDMA
    Network type: LTE-FDD, TDD-LTE, WCDMA
    WI-FI: 802.11a / b / g / n wireless Internet
    Connectivity wireless: 3G, 4G, GSM, 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, WiFi
    4G LTE: B28a / B28b, FDD B1 2100MHz, FDD B13, FDD B17 700MHz, FDD B2 1900MHz, FDD B20 800MHz, FDD B3 1800MHz, FDD B4 1700MHz, FDD B5 850MHz, FDD B7 2600MHz, FDD B8 900MHz, TDD B38 2600MHz, TDD B40 2300MHz, 2500MHz TDD B41

Screen

Pixels per inch (PPI): 400
    the Screen resolution: 2280 x 1080
    the Screen Size: 6.3 inches
    Screen Type: Multi -Touch

Camera

Auto Focus: Yes
    Back camera: 8MP 16MP + + 5MP
    of camera type: triple rear cameras and a front camera
    Flashlight: Yes
    Camera Front: 16MP
    Fire Touch: yes
    Video recording: Yes

Multimedia Formats

Official MS format: Excel, PPT, Word
    Music Format: AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, APE, WAV
    Picture Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG
    Video Format: H.264, MPEG4

Other characteristics

Additional Features: Alarm, Bluetooth, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, E-book, proximity sensor
    Bluetooth Version: V4.2 Bluetooth
    FM radio: yes
    Google Play Store: Yes
    I / O Interface: 1 x Nano SIM card slot, 3.5mm output port, Micophone, Slot Nano SIM / Micro SD, Speaker
    Waterproof / Water Resistant: No
    OTG: Yes
    Sensor: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, E-compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor

Battery
    Battery capacity (mAh): 4150
    Battery Type: Li-ion

Package Contents

Back: 1
    Phone: 1
    Other: 1 x Quick Guide
    Power Adapter: 1
    film for Screen: 1
    SIM Needle: 1
    USB cable: 1

Dimensions and weight

Product Weight: 0.2030 kg
    Weight of Package: 0.4500 kg
    Wise Product (W x D x H): 15.60 x 7.59 x 0.82 cm / 6.14 x 2.99 x 0.32 inches
    Package Size (L x W x H): 20.00 x 8.00 x 6.00 cm / 7.87 x 3.15 x 2.36 inches

Hello everyone

I root my UMIDIGI A5 Pro with this method, without TWRP, I of course unlock the bootloader before with minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3.zip, under Windows 10 64Bits

root
    https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=17376
    Warning the phone has been reset
    I lost the camera icon

Unlock bootloader
    https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18657&extra=page=1
    Hello, I have two orders waiting to be shipped from AliExpress. I'm a little worried about the camera reviews. I wanted to know if at least it's decent ...
    Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
    Hola ?? I just re-checked Umidigi tech support fourm for a newer update/patch/release to fix the camera app - still, nothing ... no can't do.

Based on the specs - it's good hardware so I am thinking, their IT should come up with a better App to fix this for everyone, or else, I think many of us will be filing a dispute & bad press/publicity isn't going to help this small & growing company looking to get ahead against Xiaomi, Huawei & others (and, I still use those devices) The latest OTA dated 07052019 fixed the status-bar, touch-screen issue but not the camera app.

Main problem, it sometimes open & when it does, it's fine for a quick picture or 2 or more, not concerned about super sharp or extra HD images, etc. ... just that it works. Well, most of them, it just freeze up, not FC'd but totally unresponsive, period and that is annoying & unacceptable. It is running pure Android One 9.0 software/OS - everything else is fine, thus far. We have the Motorola X4 and G6, sold the Nexus 6 and traded the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, and have a pretty good feel on what to look for and expect out of this - not a $500 mid/high-end smartphone & not going to compare it to my backpup iPhone SE (gasp ... )

Umidigi just need to fix it for everyone to get a smooth, working Camera App. Now, I could try to install, sideload or run other Camera App but I won't - it's a brand new device and I want the stock app to work as advertised.

Don't know your ordering date as their shipping is clearly backlogged seriously, mine was paid in full on May 21 and just got it 5 days ago ... fingers crossed, maybe by the time you get it delivered, the problem is fixed & OTA firmware/app are released to address the problem.

Not sure if Umidigi will agree to cancel & refund if you open a dispute unless the deadline has expired without shipping info, and AliExpress cancelled & issued a refund automatically.

I've uploaded the screenshot of the "current" OTA patch that did NOT fix #1, #2 or #3 on mine as claimed.
    The 2nd. screenshot show what I saw when I open the Camera App.
    First of all thanks for the huge answer!!!
    Then, did you installed CameraMX/ OpenCamera or ... to check if ... a hardware problem of the cameras?
    Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, I did - camera hardware looks functional, once it is open from CameraMX or stock App, I can also switch to Front Camera ... it is as if the App needs to be warmed up, open & close a few times and then it will work smoothly (flash, video, HDR & other sub-settings worked), until the next time. Impression, not a hardware issues or problem/failure.) Tried again this morning (7/16) to open & use the Camera App, frozen & stuck, doesn't work - CameraMX opened it, but very slow and after switching to front camera & then back to main, it got blurry !!

Issues has been reported/commented on FB already, when I get time later - will try to email/contact their tech support to see (if they answer/respond ....)

Update #2 - Using AccuBattery, which I charged to 95% - mine shown about 67 hours standby time, 9 h 32 m SOT (screen on time) and standby time of 111 hr ... (as shown on screenshots) - "Data Saver" is ON ... others can compare. A screenshot of the A5 Pro's system/about as well.

Lastly, a side by side view of the A5 Pro (6.3" screen) next to the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Global (5.8" screen) both running stock 9.0 Android One with Nova Laucher, both in a slim case. Included non-slip free case in black is very slim and fit is fine, probably not a lot of protection if it is dropped - but, it will do for now, few if any aftermarket case designed for this for better/stronger protection.