UMIDIGI A5 Pro

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,154

By ghost45, Senior Member on 9th June 2019, 10:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2020, 12:55 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hello My phone is UMIDIGI A5 PRO Android 9.0. Yesterday it dropped from my pocket on the concrete ground (1-meter fall) and since then when someone calls me in Mobile, WhatsApp I cannot hear the other party but they can hear me.

If I put the phone in speakerphone/headphone then both sides can hear each other.

Can someone please suggest I should troubleshoot the issue of I cannot hear the other party on the earpiece?
Thank you for your assistance in advance.
5th February 2020, 03:31 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Sir plz when volete bro pls
14th February 2020, 01:31 AM |#523  
Quick Positive Review
I wanted to write a quick review on this phone as most people that post tend to be those that have (legitimate) issues with the device.

The phone itself has been solid. All of the updates have gone through without any problems. It is not the "fastest" phone out there, but it is quick and more than enough for day to day use.

The battery easily lasts me all day, and I'm a relatively heavy user, but NO Facebook, Whatsapp, etc, junk running in the background all the time. I open stuff when I need it and close when I am done. There is no reason for me to have social media garbage running in the background constantly, and most people on XDA would probably agree, even if they use social media.

The screen is excellent. It is not up to par with a Samsung AMOLED, but it is nice and bright when needed.

The SD reader works perfectly, all programs run correctly. I have not rooted, nor attempted to root this device. My only advice is: Never even try to root MediaTek SOC based phones unless you have proof that it can be done or do not care about your device. This has nothing to do with the manufacturer, it is MediaTek. If they fix this self-made problem, they would probably increase their sales by 20%.

The device looks beautiful, but easily scratched. Go to AliExpress and get any of the cheap, perfectly clear cell phone cases. It is worth it. There is also an excellent case which has a zipper on the side and fully fitting silicone insert - this case is the best.

Fingerprint reader works perfectly. I have never had a problem. I have never abused nor accidentally dropped the device, so I cannot speak to toughness, but it has suffered some small drops on to carpet and 4" drop on tables. Good to go.

The phone works perfectly on 4G with ATT, Tmobile, and all MVNO's of those two companies (Cricket, etc). I have never (and would never) use a non-certified phone on Sprint or Verizon because they will never work right. Don't even try unless you are happy with just switching service if it doesn't work.

DOWNSIDES:

The auto-brightness does not work particularly well. I usually just increase or decrease the brightness as needed.

The "phone to your ear" speaker (NOT speakerphone) is difficult to hear if you don't jam your ear up to the exact right spot. This was my biggest complaint when the phone was new. No updates have helped this issue, but it is not as big a deal as before with regular use. I now know where to put the phone to my ear.

The proximity sensor does not always work. Normally, it seems fine, but I have been angry with the device leaving me with a black screen during a long "press 1 for Spanish, 2 for English" type of support call, where I cannot access the phone number pad. That makes me upset and is the largest issue with this device.

No LED notification light. This stinks, but I knew that coming in.
14th February 2020, 02:44 AM |#524  
Flag Capital Federal
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Where is Q for this device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-a5-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)