UMIDIGI F1 Play

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,120

By ghost45, Senior Member on 19th April 2019, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2019, 05:27 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Everything works as it should. To flash it you need to factory reset from twrp, then wipe, advanced and wipe dalvik cache, cache and data. After that flash the image to system.
If everything goes well, it will boot.
If you get to fastboot mode(happened the first time) reboot to recovery again and flash the image one more time. I installed bliss rom cause it has gapps built into the image. Didn't have much luck with other images with no gapps.

Sent from my Bliss Bass with Treble using Tapatalk

16th June 2019, 09:42 AM |#102  
Flag Algodonales
Thanks Meter: 268

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

There should not be any restrictions on which OTA version you are on. As the manufacturer has the rooting directions on There own forums.

Could you provide us with a link?

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk
16th June 2019, 03:53 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
So I just wanted to find about the photo quality. I've read that between the S3 Pro (which I've bought), the F1 and the F1 Play, the Play may have the best image quality. I gave away my S3 Pro which I purchased from indiegogo as it didn't really meet my expectations based on the pre-launch hype of the Sony sensor. Would some of you kindly post some of your best shots from the F1 Play please. And have any of you found a later version of the GCAM that improves the night shots? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, one additional query -- is the earpiece volume sufficiently loud or do calls sound relatively muted compared with your other phones?
16th June 2019, 04:46 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 1,179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

Could you provide us with a link?

Thanks

there are other threads on there community also, but this one is concidered general.

https://community.umidigi.com/forum....&extra=&page=1
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmazak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmazak Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 05:16 PM |#105  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
Awesome, thank you!

16th June 2019, 05:58 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinAsia

So I just wanted to find about the photo quality. I've read that between the S3 Pro (which I've bought), the F1 and the F1 Play, the Play may have the best image quality. I gave away my S3 Pro which I purchased from indiegogo as it didn't really meet my expectations based on the pre-launch hype of the Sony sensor. Would some of you kindly post some of your best shots from the F1 Play please. And have any of you found a later version of the GCAM that improves the night shots? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, one additional query -- is the earpiece volume sufficiently loud or do calls sound relatively muted compared with your other phones?

There's a direct comparison on YouTube of the Sony sensor vs the Samsung sensor (not within the Umidigi phones) and the Sony is supposed to be the winner. To be honest I'd say that all the phones are capable of good photos but the software is quite awful. If you weren't happy with the photo quality on the S3 Pro you'll probably not be happy with the F1 play results too. Until the app is improved or Gcam is fully ported.

The sound from the earpiece speaker is a bit lower than I've experienced on other phones. Not horrible, but it is low volume. I haven't experimented with any apps to adjust. Also, I think somebody had luck increasing the volume through rooting and flashing the phone with a different Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlurtFlabber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlurtFlabber Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 10:44 PM |#107  

More
When I first got my F1 Play last week and plugged in the USB C cable it was a super tight fit. While charging I noticed that if I moved the phone around It made a sound like I plugged and unpugged the phone. I've had that issue before with charging ports that were slightly messed up (after years of use). Today it did the same thing again when I picked up the phone while plugged in. This time a message popped up on my phone that said something about "over charge" and said "unplug charger". I was at 97% charge. I unplugged and plugged back in the phone but the normal message about fast charging didn't appear , it just says charging. The phone seems to be taking an extra long time to charge now. I don't think it's fast charging anymore? Is it always supposed to say "fast charging" or the similar message (can't think of the wording) rather than just "charging"?

Pic of message while charging. Is there something wrong with my charging port?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190616-143246-01.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	4777998  
16th June 2019, 11:01 PM |#108  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
First off, make sure you firmly push the type-C plug into the phone until you hear a faint click. Especially with the protective case around the phone it might not sit perfectly if you don't pay attention to it. It happened to me in the beginning, too, and I encountered the same symptoms you described.

Secondly, I believe that it is normal that the fast charge only is done for the first like 50% or so. The charging of the last ten percent towards 100 takes much longer than the first 10 percent. Therefore, I think that it is intended to be that way.

17th June 2019, 12:58 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

First off, make sure you firmly push the type-C plug into the phone until you hear a faint click. Especially with the protective case around the phone it might not sit perfectly if you don't pay attention to it. It happened to me in the beginning, too, and I encountered the same symptoms you described.

Secondly, I believe that it is normal that the fast charge only is done for the first like 50% or so. The charging of the last ten percent towards 100 takes much longer than the first 10 percent. Therefore, I think that it is intended to be that way.

Thanks, I'll see how the phone charges when it depletes down to 10% or so and check the connection. My plan is to get a magnetic USB cable to protect the port from wearing out. I hope it isn't already messed up.

Thanks for the help!

Update:

Just tried plugging it in at 84% and it says "Charging Rapidly" on the home screen, so I guess it's ok. I'm going to get the magnetic cable and see how it works.
19th June 2019, 06:01 AM |#110  
Flag Puerto Cortes
Thanks Meter: 309

More
hi friends waiting for my f1 play today i built gsi msm xtended for arm64-ab if someone wants to try it contact me https://t.me/Louis1977
19th June 2019, 07:54 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the f1 play and total wireless
First off I would like to say total Wireless is the worst company I've ever encountered. Secondly the phone will not work on that network at all. They say bring your own phone, yet I've tried many phones and they do not work, and then they offered to sell me one of their own crappy phones. Furthermore Android Pie will not let you change APN settings, phone shows up as a Verizon carrier, that will not search the correct APN, because it's actually TracFone or some other bullcrap... and I can't change it.... and I'm not going to root it, that seems extensive and tedious, and tiresome. wish me luck I'm going to Cricket Wireless tomorrow and trying to get it fully connected and totally dropping total Wireless as a carrier or false pretense liars they ended up yelling at me, telling me that the phone will not work for the network, and they made me purchase a new SIM card -still didn't work- so they had it fully working when i insterted it., and then totally cut it off as soon as they realized it was on the network, which is very frustrating the only answer that "she" had is that they are updating the network-- looks to me like every time that I get a new phone they update the network to not support that phone especially for me. I'm currently using an honor_that they claim is not supported by their system_but calls are all cut off, but I have full 4G LTE. But I'm bypassing that by using a voice over IP app. I tried to solve the problem by buying another unlocked phone and popping the SIM card in it, (the play f1)works for two hours and then they cut my data, and told me this phone is not allowed, and basically where the rudest people on earth... just to let you know total Wireless does not work with the f1play nor would I ever get that company again or recommend it to anyone unless you want to be yelled at by someone you pay for your internet to. Totally Ignorant Wireless is a fail of a company.. and i still cant use my umi play f1 3 days after getting it...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1-play

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)