1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,119

By ghost45, Senior Member on 19th April 2019, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2019, 07:54 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the f1 play and total wireless
First off I would like to say total Wireless is the worst company I've ever encountered. Secondly the phone will not work on that network at all. They say bring your own phone, yet I've tried many phones and they do not work, and then they offered to sell me one of their own crappy phones. Furthermore Android Pie will not let you change APN settings, phone shows up as a Verizon carrier, that will not search the correct APN, because it's actually TracFone or some other bullcrap... and I can't change it.... and I'm not going to root it, that seems extensive and tedious, and tiresome. wish me luck I'm going to Cricket Wireless tomorrow and trying to get it fully connected and totally dropping total Wireless as a carrier or false pretense liars they ended up yelling at me, telling me that the phone will not work for the network, and they made me purchase a new SIM card -still didn't work- so they had it fully working when i insterted it., and then totally cut it off as soon as they realized it was on the network, which is very frustrating the only answer that "she" had is that they are updating the network-- looks to me like every time that I get a new phone they update the network to not support that phone especially for me. I'm currently using an honor_that they claim is not supported by their system_but calls are all cut off, but I have full 4G LTE. But I'm bypassing that by using a voice over IP app. I tried to solve the problem by buying another unlocked phone and popping the SIM card in it, (the play f1)works for two hours and then they cut my data, and told me this phone is not allowed, and basically where the rudest people on earth... just to let you know total Wireless does not work with the f1play nor would I ever get that company again or recommend it to anyone unless you want to be yelled at by someone you pay for your internet to. Totally Ignorant Wireless is a fail of a company.. and i still cant use my umi play f1 3 days after getting it...

19th June 2019, 10:31 AM |#112  
Flag Algodonales
Thanks Meter: 268

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizbang80

Furthermore Android Pie will not let you change APN settings, phone shows up as a Verizon carrier, that will not search the correct APN, because it's actually TracFone or some other bullcrap... and I can't change it...

Strange.

On my phone I CAN edit an existing APN. Just tap on its name, and when it opens the details page just tap on any item you want to change. In any case you should be able to add new APN's and select them afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190619-112201_1.png
Views:	100
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	4779257  
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheY2K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InTheY2K Ad-Free
19th June 2019, 02:15 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
As the F1 play really 2 Cameras on the back? When I put my finger in front of the 2nd camera nothing happened. I can take the photo.
When I put my finger in front of the first camera I hide the lens well.
Why?
19th June 2019, 04:04 PM |#114  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabouse

As the F1 play really 2 Cameras on the back? When I put my finger in front of the 2nd camera nothing happened. I can take the photo.
When I put my finger in front of the first camera I hide the lens well.
Why?

It is used for "Bokeh" mode in default camera app.
Try it by yourself you should see a toast at top yelling "Lens covered."
19th June 2019, 08:35 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

It is used for "Bokeh" mode in default camera app.
Try it by yourself you should see a toast at top yelling "Lens covered."

Thanks you for the answer. I've see the toast. 👍
20th June 2019, 12:16 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkJax

Have you installed the May update yet? You have to manually find the update in your Settings to install it (and I have no idea where I found it unfortunately). It greatly improved camera functionality and I’m actually happy with the camera at the moment. I’ve been switching between the stock camera app for speed and convenience and OpenCamera for manual setup of more specific camera shots. I wouldn’t say this midranger camera is as good as the software management of an iPhone or Pixel, but it does a great job nonetheless.

On the downside, the bokeh mode in the stock app leaves a lot to be desired. I have yet to truly try any semblance of night mode. It doesn’t seem like the stock app HAS a dedicated night mode despite there being a night mode scene accessible to OpenCamera.

Have you been able to get a raw (dng) file with open camera? if yes, what size is it? Thanks.
20th June 2019, 03:38 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodagf

Have you been able to get a raw (dng) file with open camera? if yes, what size is it? Thanks.

No, unfortunately as noted earlier in the thread, I was not able to take RAW images and another user noticed that we have access to Camera2 API Full (aka level 2), but not Level 3 which is the access you need to take RAW photos and perhaps true Google Camera support.

I am curious if anyone running BlissROM can access Camera2 API Level 3.
20th June 2019, 08:27 PM |#118  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

In case somebody wants to try a ported version of Google Camera on the UMIDIGI F1 Play (<-- this is just for keywording purposes so that other users can find this post), you may want to try the one for the Xiaomi Poco F1:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/poc...night-t3910336

I have tried various builds and none worked, would crash upon start. But this one seems to work well. I need to experiment a bit more with it, but the first check was successful.

EDIT: Maybe this isn't the very best choice. In the settings I can select a maximum resolution of only 8.3 MP. If someone knows of a version that takes better advantage of the F1 Play's camera sensor, I'd be happy to know which it is.

Other than taking lower MP shots (8.3 MP); does everything else work in this port of gcam? Front and back camera, portrait mode, night sight?
20th June 2019, 08:50 PM |#119  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
Front camera does not work. Neither does night mode nor video.

Portrait, panorama and sphere view do work though.

It's made for a different hardware, therefore it's understandable that a few features don't work. But it gives me hope that we'll see a version for the Umidigi F1 Play, too.

I am using various camera apps, each serving its purpose.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk
21st June 2019, 10:57 AM |#120  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

there are other threads on there community also, but this one is concidered general.

https://community.umidigi.com/forum....&extra=&page=1

Thanks to these detailed instructions I managed to root my F1 Play with Magisk. Yahoo!

As I did not pay attention to the notice that unlocking the bootloader with the command "fastboot flashing unlock" will factory reset my phone I had quite some work to do to get it back into the state it was before that. Therefore, I strongly recommend to make a backup of your installed apps and your launcher settings before proceeding.

Question: As unlocking the bootloader results in the warning message during bootup, is it safe to lock the bootloader now again, or will I factory reset the phone once again? And: If the bootloader is locked, will I still have root?
21st June 2019, 03:05 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

Thanks to these detailed instructions I managed to root my F1 Play with Magisk. Yahoo!

As I did not pay attention to the notice that unlocking the bootloader with the command "fastboot bootloader unlock" will factory reset my phone I had quite some work to do to get it back into the state it was before that. Therefore, I strongly recommend to make a backup of your installed apps and your launcher settings before proceeding.

Question: As unlocking the bootloader results in the warning message during bootup, is it safe to lock the bootloader now again, or will I factory reset the phone once again? And: If the bootloader is locked, will I still have root?

Once you bootloader is unlocked it stays that way. Factory reset doesn't matter. You will need to reflash magisk when you reset to get root back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1-play

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)