Thanks Meter: 1,115

By ghost45, Senior Member on 19th April 2019, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2019, 10:51 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

New camera app on top of the old one (which is still there).

New camera has night mode (working quite well).

Can you report if geo-tagging is working ? I'm not able to have it with stock camera 🤔

Quote:

And STILL not able to connect to WiFi with hidden SSID. smh

Try to backup saved WiFi networks with another device using Swift Backup, then restore on F1 (require root).

12th July 2019, 11:04 AM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Just received an OTA update. Despite the device being unlocked and rooted.

Root is lost, so is unlock.

New camera app on top of the old one (which is still there).

New camera has night mode (working quite well).

All my custom ringtone settings have been overwritten with stock ones.

Android security patch STILL on January version. >

EDIT: And STILL not able to connect to WiFi with hidden SSID. smh
Good job, Umidigi, good job. Thank you very much.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk

After you mentioned this I went into the System Update option and "checked for updates".

Settings / System / Advanced / System Update

It said my system was up to date.

So, I went into:

Settings / System / Advanced / About Phone / Wireless Update

.... and it found the update!

Mine updated and added the new camera app, not to the main screen, but to the app list screen. It still isn't the most functional app (and yes, now there are TWO camera apps). I agree, night mode is amazingly good.

My system info is different than yours! It doesn't have an E in the number and ends differently. I'll attach a photo in my follow up post. I can't seem to locate where I saved it at the moment.

Oh, and the reason it's still on the old security patch, is that it seems this update was created back in January!

Not sure why they're sending out updates from January, and different versions as well.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

Can you report if geo-tagging is working ? I'm not able to have it with stock camera 🤔

Try to backup saved WiFi networks with another device using Swift Backup, then restore on F1 (require root).

geo-tagging works perfectly!
12th July 2019, 11:15 AM |#153  
Flag Algodonales
Thanks Meter: 268

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

Like I said, root is lost.

12th July 2019, 11:26 AM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Like I said, root is lost.

You mean that rooting the phone is no longer possible after the update?
12th July 2019, 11:42 AM |#155  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
I didn't say that. But the phone is neither unlocked nor rooted anymore after the update. To root it again I would have to unlock it once again and that would mean another factory reset. And I don't feel like going through all the pain again to set up my phone like it is right now. All the settings, all the apps would be gone.

12th July 2019, 07:06 PM |#156  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 162

More
flashed the latest OTA update and now I can't boot into system; only boot into TWRP... Guess I'll take this opportunity to flash a GSI bliss rom.[COLOR="Silver"]
Anyone know what ROM I should pick? Are we A or AB Rom?

EDIT: Fastboot flashed Bliss ROM, when I rebooted it automatically took me to TWRP recovery again instead of booting up system.
EDIT: Flashed other other stuff too, but they all brought me back to the modded twrp during reboot to system... Is the F1 Play an A/B Slot device?
EDIT: Had to finally resort to flashing stock 2019070915 UMIDIGI ROM via flash tool; finally worked. Got Magisk back up and running, but I think I'm going to avoid TWRP. God damn, I spent so long setting up my phone.
12th July 2019, 07:27 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Not sure if it was the update or not, but I was also stuck booting to TWRP no matter how many times I selected to reboot to system. Used flash tool to just get a fresh install and then rooted without TWRP instead. So far, I haven't had any recovery bootloop issues, so maybe there is a problem with TWRP and latest update right now. Anyone else have similar issues or know why this might have happened?
**After update and rooting via TWRP, I was able to boot into system for a few restarts but then got stuck booting to TWRP only.
12th July 2019, 07:58 PM |#158  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdeng

Not sure if it was the update or not, but I was also stuck booting to TWRP no matter how many times I selected to reboot to system. Used flash tool to just get a fresh install and then rooted without TWRP instead. So far, I haven't had any recovery bootloop issues, so maybe there is a problem with TWRP and latest update right now. Anyone else have similar issues or know why this might have happened?
**After update and rooting via TWRP, I was able to boot into system for a few restarts but then got stuck booting to TWRP only.

Must have been the OTA update... Do you have the Ghost#45 modded twrp from umidigi forum?
12th July 2019, 10:09 PM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I didn't have the modded TWRP but the latest one from the TWRP site for the F1 Play.
13th July 2019, 01:44 AM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 1,171

More
These recent post , about loosing root after an OTA , are , well obviously correct.

OTA update is supposed to update the system and boot partition (even though this is system as root device). And this update process will remove root.
Because magisk root is on the boot.img.

As for the bootloops to recovery after the update, well that a known issue. And a somewhat simple solution.
The Stock system sets a reboot code into the misc partition. Or call it the " para" (parameter) partition. Stock recovery wipes this data on an update or reset. Twrp is not doing this. But you can clear the reboot recovery command using terminal in twrp.
I have even added the wipe command to my Own port Of twrp. (Added to fstab).
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para count=1 bs=32
Same thing I mentioned in this post a while back in the F1 thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...05&postcount=2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrmazak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmazak Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 09:11 AM |#161  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the explanation.

In other words, there is no getting back to root without wiping the phone and reinstalling/setting up everything from scratch?

I'll pass then.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1-play

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)