Thanks Meter: 1,101

By ghost45, Senior Member on 19th April 2019, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2019, 03:40 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zironia

I have installed the Bliss ROM A/B with gapps. So far I haven't noticed any issues. I just finished install about 2 hrs ago though. I will update with any news.

Update... Used blissrom for about 3 hours. When I restarted the phone it would not boot. It kept getting stuck in a bootloop. I still have my recovery but I cannot get it to boot. I use my nandroid backup but it still will not boot. I will need to use SP tools to recover my phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zironia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zironia Ad-Free

4th May 2019, 04:32 PM |#12  
Flag Algodonales
Thanks Meter: 260

Donate to Me
More
I am awaiting my F1 Play to be delivered soon and look forward to using TWRP with it.

Is it the very first thing I should do before anything else or are there recommendations how to proceed with a brand new device. I don't want to brick it on day 1.

I have quite some experience with flashing recoverys and ROMs, coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 with LineageOS ROMs of various versions (14 through 16), and even CyanogenMod before those.

Thanks for any hints and pointers!

Cheers,
Sascha
4th May 2019, 04:56 PM |#13  

More
You really can't brick the mediatek. With SPtools your can recover pretty much anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to zironia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zironia Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 11:01 PM |#14  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You really can't brick the mediatek. With SPtools your can recover pretty much anything.

Good to know, thanks! Can't wait to finally get my hands on the device. Got the notification of the shipment just yesterday, and it will still be two to three weeks until I have it. We'll see...

Posted with my GT-I9300 via Tapatalk
6th May 2019, 03:58 PM |#15  

More
I installed pixel experience 3/24 a/b gsi build last night and have been using it today with great success. The camera app with the rom doesn't work right though. I rooted the phone with magisk and enabled camera 2api then downloaded gcam from the play store. It works fine. None of the issues I had with Bliss Rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zironia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zironia Ad-Free
7th May 2019, 01:07 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Question gcam night sight
Quote:

I installed pixel experience 3/24 a/b gsi build last night and have been using it today with great success. The camera app with the rom doesn't work right though. I rooted the phone with magisk and enabled camera 2api then downloaded gcam from the play store. It works fine. None of the issues I had with Bliss Rom.

@zironia Does Night Sight work with the gcam from the google store (com.google.android.GoogleCamera) ? Do the photos (HDR) look better than the stock camera before the ROM replacement?

Thanks
7th May 2019, 01:36 AM |#17  

More
No. It's gcam 4.1 from the play store. Everything works fine but we will need a developer make a higher version for this phone.
10th May 2019, 04:44 PM |#18  

More
Stock camera takes better pictures. Gcam pictures are good but not like stock. Color are washed out. We need someone to port the stock camera to gsi roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to zironia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zironia Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 03:00 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
@ghost45 thanks for the thread and the direction.
I've had the f1 play for several days.i was lil scared to try this phone but the price was right and I had to try .Now that it's in my hand I absolutely love it.Clean,fast,and the screen is a pleasure.no issues with it.works great on T-Mobile.im really impressed with the design,software and battery life.Hope to see the f1 play community grow and get it's own dedicated forum.
Oh yeah ... @zironia thanks for testing and sharing your experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcukial For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcukial Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 03:14 PM |#20  
Flag Algodonales

Donate to Me
More
Mine is on the way and it's supposed to be delivered next Tuesday. Can't wait to get my hands on it. First thing I'll try is to root it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheY2K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InTheY2K Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 03:58 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I bought this smartphone because my old coward, this one attracted me by its price and its characteristics in the description of the product.
I received the smartphone quickly in a box with its charger, a custom protective case and an additional protective film for the screen, knowing that the screen is already protected.
After several days of use I realize that I made a good deal by buying this smartphone because the latter is no exaggeration has the features of smartphones that cost more than double today on the market.
- A battery of 5150 mAh of large capacity allowing up to three days of use finished the refills of every day.
-a 6.3-inch screen which I find super good, because the phone despite its size is easily maintainable in hand, especially since the fingerprint detector is on the back of the smartphone, which allows to unlock the latter with the index without difficulty.
- Excellent 48MP and 8MP front camera quality
-64 GB of expandable storage by micro SD card.
-6 GB of ram which allows to support a maximum of application especially considering the capacity of storage.
-supports dual SIM card, 4G, facial recognition ...
frankly with all its quality, the price / quality ratio is more than excellent (See for yourself the prices of similar smartphone market).
I'm going to order another one for my wife because her S7 edge is getting old
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1-play

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)