Thanks Meter: 1,154

By ghost45, Senior Member on 19th April 2019, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2020, 08:22 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

I am still on Stock ROM. As the current version of TWRP is not capable of doing backups/restore and the modified version, which does, isn't capable of flashing img files, I am still on hold until there is a fully functional TWRP for the F1 Play. Once that is available, and I can easily and safely go back to my backed up ROM, I might try something different.

As the Stock ROM is working fine for me I don't feel the pressure of moving to a Custom ROM, which might bring annoying bugs. Currently I live by the rule "never change a running system".

FWIW, despite the issues with both variants of TWRP, I decided to make the switch from Eragon to the Lineage 17 GSI. What I've been doing is to back up using the modified TWRP then flash the img via fastboot. Not as convenient as being able to do all of it via TWRP but I feel better having security updates as opposed to running something that hasn't been updated since May of 2019. The only issue I have with Lineage 17 is that Android Auto doesn't work. Fingerprints don't either but then again, I had started to use other unlock methods on this phone since the FP sensor sucks anyway so I'm not bothered by that part.
The Following User Says Thank You to txenglan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txenglan Ad-Free
31st January 2020, 08:26 PM |#522  
Flag Algodonales
Thanks Meter: 352

Donate to Me
More
OK, if fingerprints don't work on Q then I'll stick with Pie. I use those a lot in various apps.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk
31st January 2020, 11:05 PM |#523  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheY2K

OK, if fingerprints don't work on Q then I'll stick with Pie. I use those a lot in various apps.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk

Fp might actually work for you. I think I may have lost them when I was messing around with the Dragon ROM. You might be able to keep them on Q as long as you Flash back to stock before trying the GSI. Not sure but worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to txenglan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txenglan Ad-Free
1st February 2020, 09:26 AM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi there,

I didn't knew about the .img issue, but fastboot is a nice alternative if you don't want to switch between recoveries (or flash a ROM given in zip format).

GSI have working fingerprint, you may have messed up something.
From my point of view GSI offers higher customisation at the cost of some performance/battery backup. Some of them are bugless, but do not expect to have stock camera, which by the way isn't really reliable in all uses.

I personally run Eragon, skeleton1911 made an amazing job 👍🏻
I hoghly recommend his ROM if you don't mind sticking with Android 9.

Hence this device has an mtk chipset, it is really hard to brick it. You can use SP flash tool to get back on vendor firmware easily.

PS: there is a telegram chat, feel free to join us and keep in touch with news, get help or help others! 😀
Link: https://t.me/umidigi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BZ0RG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BZ0RG Ad-Free
10th February 2020, 12:41 AM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

Hi there,

I didn't knew about the .img issue, but fastboot is a nice alternative if you don't want to switch between recoveries (or flash a ROM given in zip format).

GSI have working fingerprint, you may have messed up something.
From my point of view GSI offers higher customisation at the cost of some performance/battery backup. Some of them are bugless, but do not expect to have stock camera, which by the way isn't really reliable in all uses.

I personally run Eragon, skeleton1911 made an amazing job 👍🏻
I hoghly recommend his ROM if you don't mind sticking with Android 9.

Hence this device has an mtk chipset, it is really hard to brick it. You can use SP flash tool to get back on vendor firmware easily.

PS: there is a telegram chat, feel free to join us and keep in touch with news, get help or help others! 😀
Link: https://t.me/umidigi

Can we do all those things on xda? Why would I want to go to another venue?
10th February 2020, 04:43 AM |#526  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaddpool

Can we do all those things on xda? Why would I want to go to another venue?

From what I've seen, you wouldn't get much help in there anyway. It's mainly just people posting pointless comments. About 1% of it is on topic and the rest is verbal diarrhea. No idea why people keep pushing Telegram for this kind of stuff. Not at all the right tool for technical discussion and collaboration.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txenglan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txenglan Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 01:49 AM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txenglan

From what I've seen, you wouldn't get much help in there anyway. It's mainly just people posting pointless comments. About 1% of it is on topic and the rest is verbal diarrhea. No idea why people keep pushing Telegram for this kind of stuff. Not at all the right tool for technical discussion and collaboration.

Agreed! Peeps be Cray Cray! No need to go offsite for that stuff when xda is here for such things!
The Following User Says Thank You to Deaddpool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deaddpool Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 03:59 PM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
What's the latest version of Google Phone (dialler) that people have working?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1-play

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)