7th August 2019, 05:19 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
any luck?

11th August 2019, 04:01 PM |#12  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Hi. Just a quick question here; I have my service with MetroPCS (T-Mobile), and I would like to know if there's a way to turn VoLTE off. I bought the Umidigi Power Global version, so there may not be a way, just curious if anyone knows. I've looked through the settings and don't any reference to VoLTE anywhere. So far, I love this phone. Lots of bang for the buck.
11th August 2019, 05:49 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasolini

Hi. Just a quick question here; I have my service with MetroPCS (T-Mobile), and I would like to know if there's a way to turn VoLTE off. I bought the Umidigi Power Global version, so there may not be a way, just curious if anyone knows. I've looked through the settings and don't any reference to VoLTE anywhere. So far, I love this phone. Lots of bang for the buck.

settings_network_mobile networks_ehanced Lte_turn off
The Following User Says Thank You to ryantf420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryantf420 Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 10:48 AM |#14  
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantf420

settings_network_mobile networks_ehanced Lte_turn off

Thanks, that was it. Still have it on wifi ( VoWiFi), but I can live with that.
12th August 2019, 01:14 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasolini

Thanks, that was it. Still have it on wifi ( VoWiFi), but I can live with that.

If u don't mind me asking, why are u trying to turn off VoLTE? . Umidigi works well with Tmobile and Metro...
12th August 2019, 01:46 PM |#16  
Flag Florida

More
Quote:

If u don't mind me asking, why are u trying to turn off VoLTE? . Umidigi works well with Tmobile and Metro...

I don't mind you asking! It might sound silly to you unless you have OCD like me, but the icon for VoLTE takes up to much space at the top and I can't see the rest of the things that are running . It's just ascetics for me. It works well either way. I'm just used to it looking a certain way.
The Following User Says Thank You to vasolini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vasolini Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 02:25 PM |#17  

More
nodoubt. But are u sure u can't bypass what is being displayed in status bar for what its worth..? With enhanced VoLTE u get cleaner HD calling. I know I hear a complete difference. Also you get to use it for text messaging (more reliable 😂). But as for OCD with the phone I feel you.... I have the F1 and my wife now has the power because we're waiting on a screen replacement for her S3pro. but anyways, I noticed right off the bat that the power has enlarged font for the status bar. especially comparing to my F1. so u Definitely lose out on space with the power. But for real turn it back on and look for an app that may be able to hide the VoLTE icon honestly...... 👍 I'm looking for u right now 😂
The Following User Says Thank You to ryantf420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryantf420 Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 07:45 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I just ordered mine from Amazon. Does anyone know the "codename" for this device?
15th August 2019, 02:34 PM |#19  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

But for real turn it back on and look for an app that may be able to hide the VoLTE icon honestly...... 👍 I'm looking for u right now 😂

I spent a few DAYS the other week just looking for a mod that could hide the VoLTE/VoWiFi icons. The only thing I really came across were some super outdated Xposed modules and some mods that were device specific (like for Samsung or OnePlus phones). I also found a few flashable zip mods, but didn't bother attempting to install them without a working TWRP recovery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So if you find anything related to that, please let me know! lol

-------

On a general note, a few weeks back while attempting to flash various TWRP recoveries from similar devices and CPU architectures, I realized that the stock boot.img and the stock recovery.img flash files were the exact same file on the Power. There is no difference between them. This might be something worth investigating as this is not the case with the F1 / F1 Play / S3 Pro, etc. Just the UMIDIGI Power. And upon some very brief researching, it seems that some phones (such as the Essential Phone) need TWRP to be patched into the boot.img rather than the recovery.img - kind of in the same way that we got root on the Power by patching Magisk into the boot.img.

Just thought I'd add these observations here as I've kinda been wondering if they happen to be significant at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)