Thanks Meter: 1,138

By ghost45, Senior Member on 13th March 2019, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2019, 10:32 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost45

The principal problem is that.. If the rom is different from the original through the right root probably will be too several mistakes after the upgrade...

I know for a fact that xiaomi phones annoyingly updates itself and ovverides everything which was the source of some frustration when i suddenly had MIUI 10 and google cam stopped working because they removed the camera2API support in the rom

14th May 2019, 06:04 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
After some testing, my experience has produced slightly different results.
My cause of the issues was installing an app that has a db of APN settings. 6 of them being different Verizon types. The default selected (which was not 'vzwinternet') did not work well the Network Preference. I only had access to web, and sending text 2x each text with no confirmation and no receiving.

Since I was not rooted I couldn't simply enter APN settings under 4G and remove the unwanted APNs. Factory Reset may or may not have cleared the db file on the phone, and I wasn't aware of the backup and restore apn bd app to try yet.

Using a 3G Verizon Sim Card in conjunction with my 4G Verizon Sim Card I gained access to APN settings under the 3G Card to change the default selected settings to match vzwinternet settings, and entered the engineering mode to select the Network Preference that matched a Verizon supported phone. After that (with turning off Enhanced LTE) everything work with one quirk.

- Texting became fully functional with no issues when the signal is in 3G. When in 4G, messages are received successfully. When sent, they arrive to the recipient but on the host side the text remain in a sending status and eventually says the message wasn't sent successfully. So it seems the server is simply not sending back a confirmation on 4G.

I'll continue to try and debug the issue and see if I can target the address or disconnect. Once this issue is gone then I'm all good. I believe after this year, since 3G is being sunset, the Enhanced LTE (VoLTE) issue may be self resolved out of forced adaption.

(Note: These issues have also occurred (without the APN app install) on the "supported" HTC U12+. The phone is in the DB. They just refuse to sell since HTC won't keep them locked. So it possible that it's more that just a capability issue.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannzac1

I have been running tests using working Verizon SIMs. From what I can tell, Verizon doesn't certify Umidigi for their network. This means that you have to use work arounds. By turning VoLTE off, you can still place calls and the S3 can use LTE data. Sending sms/mms is the difficult part because Verizon locks APN settings with their SIM cards. To get around this, I put in a ATT SIM and updated the APN and replaced the SIM with Verizon again. This seemed to work, but the messages took longer to send than to receive. If anyone knows of other work arounds, I'd be interested.

Long story short, this phone might be compatible with CDMA networks, but Verizon doesn't want to be compatible with this phone.

14th May 2019, 08:44 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Hello friends:
I received my s3 pro today. I can not access fastboot mode from navigation keys. I appear "no command" and the android on the ground. I act as follows: with the phone on I press the reset button and at the same time vol +. When I restart, this appears to me. If I enter from commands on the pc, if I go to fastboot mode but the pc does not detect me devices in fastboot mode
Can anybody help me? Thank you
15th May 2019, 02:50 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by totmakina

Hello friends:
I received my s3 pro today. I can not access fastboot mode from navigation keys. I appear "no command" and the android on the ground. I act as follows: with the phone on I press the reset button and at the same time vol +. When I restart, this appears to me. If I enter from commands on the pc, if I go to fastboot mode but the pc does not detect me devices in fastboot mode
Can anybody help me? Thank you

you went into recovery mode which is not the same as fastboot

use adb reboot fastboot
this is where you can use fastboot commands

little mistake its supposed to be
adb reboot bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrisdorum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrisdorum Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 09:49 AM |#105  

More
Backup with twrp (ghost)
Hello friends:
Yesterday I received my S3 pro and managed to install the twrp of ghost and magisk 17.1. Install 70 applications and I already managed to create a backup of the apk with Migrate and I have created a backup now with Twrp.
I do not have much experience with MTK and I have several doubts:
- when booting in recovery I keep saying that I have the Data partition encrypted. It's very strange because I already formatted data in ext4 once or twice to install magisk.
- In qualcomm, when doing vendor backup, I only saw one vendor. In MTK I see vendor and vendor image. If I wanted to install a GSI rom, I would only have to restore vendor or would it be necessary to restore vendor image as well?

Thank you very much to all. I hope to receive your excellent help.
At the moment very happy with the S3 pro !!

totmakina

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Hello:
I had intentions to put Xposed to install Amplify and GravityBox in our S3 Pro. But it only works from Magisk 18. Has anyone updated magisk 17.1 to other newer versions in S3 Pro? Yesterday I tried to install from TWRP magisk 18 and bricke the mobile. I had to flash the rom again by Flashtools
15th May 2019, 12:28 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@totmakina,
Do not upgrade magisk.. this problem is known.
Follow these steps...
1) install xposed framework.zip sdk 27 for arm64 under twrp mode download from here:

https://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/

2) download xposedinstaller apk 3.1.5 from xda here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3034811
and install

3) download gravitybox 9 beta version for pie and install it

Reboot.. Enter in xposed app and give active gravitybox and check if have right root the xposed framework.. And reboot.

Now after this last reboot you will have gravitybox running at 100%.
15th May 2019, 01:29 PM |#107  

More
Quote:

@totmakina,
Do not upgrade magisk.. this problem is known.
Follow these steps...
1) install xposed framework.zip sdk 27 for arm64 under twrp mode download from here:

https://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/

2) download xposedinstaller apk 3.1.5 from xda here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3034811
and install

3) download gravitybox 9 beta version for pie and install it

Reboot.. Enter in xposed app and give active gravitybox and check if have right root the xposed framework.. And reboot.

Now after this last reboot you will have gravitybox running at 100%.

Very very Thanks!!!!!!
Its possible flash any GSI on S3 Pro??
15th May 2019, 03:38 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Look also here :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...tions-t3889513

but there is one other procedure because android 9 seems not supported yet and the problem with magisk is known in this pie version...

Read carefully also what have written my friend c3c076 here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...oid-9-t3908768
15th May 2019, 05:57 PM |#109  

More
Quote:

Look also here :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...tions-t3889513

but there is one other procedure because android 9 seems not supported yet and the problem with magisk is known in this pie version...

Read carefully also what have written my friend c3c076 here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...oid-9-t3908768

The first part I already know Ghost. And it can not be installed in our S3 because the magisk that is installed in the Umidigi is too old ..
I will read the second part carefully. Again thank you very much for your help!
16th May 2019, 08:34 AM |#110  

More
TWRP, backup vendor, system
I think that my problems to install xposed and some other application more lie in that I should have done wrong with the installation of magisk at the beginning.
As Ghost said in his tutorial, after installing twrp you had to do two format data followed by your reboots and then wipe a cache and dalvik. I think my mistake was in one of those formats.
When I boot into TWRP it always tells me that I can not overwrite system. That's where my mistake lies. it's possible?
I think now that I have TWRP and I have a backup the best thing would be to make another format data, format system, wipe dalvik and wipe cache to not have problems of that type when entering TWRP.
Is that the solution?

On the other hand and as I do not know much about MTK, I have seen that when doing backup there are two vendors, vendor and vendor-image. The vendor image is the one that occupies the most. Should it be the one from which we should make a backup to be able to install GSI? or would we have to do both?

Thank you very much in advance!

totmakina
18th May 2019, 01:33 PM |#111  

More
When booting in twrp, the message always came out that the Data partition was encrypted.
I think I can avoid encryption by flashing dm-verity.
I flashed it after flashing magisk 17.1 as Ghost says.
All restarts and starts in twrp no longer show the message that our S3 has the data partition encrypted.
I have created a full backup by twrp without giving errors.
Here I leave the link if you want to try it.

https://mega.nz/#!zIx2SaYS!mjxvVDgfl...knqnfIetGYtzuc
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.15.2018.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to totmakina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift totmakina Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-s3-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)