UMIDIGI S3 Pro

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,120

By ghost45, Senior Member on 13th March 2019, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2019, 01:33 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
When booting in twrp, the message always came out that the Data partition was encrypted.
I think I can avoid encryption by flashing dm-verity.
I flashed it after flashing magisk 17.1 as Ghost says.
All restarts and starts in twrp no longer show the message that our S3 has the data partition encrypted.
I have created a full backup by twrp without giving errors.
Here I leave the link if you want to try it.

https://mega.nz/#!zIx2SaYS!mjxvVDgfl...knqnfIetGYtzuc
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.15.2018.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to totmakina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift totmakina Ad-Free

18th May 2019, 04:03 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Beautiful ceramic smartphone, with an Android 9 pure and fluid, premium quality, but the photo need to be improved
19th May 2019, 01:04 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bugs??
think i found a bug...
in the drop down menu/list, i was editing/re-arranging my icons,
(wifi,flashlight, location etc...) all of a sudden i got a popup,
the close app, app info one... sp i closed the app
(android system app) was FORCED to re-start.....
could not refresh android 9 no matter what....same thing over and over (close app)
it took about 10 tries to get into the main boot system
(i kept getting the dead android guy, picture)
safe mode didnt even load.....

forced to do a FULL factory reset, still works so far, but,
i really,..REALLY thought i was going to have to ship it back to
china, and wait 3 more months for its return
( took 45 days to get it).....

i had NOT tried to root it or ANYTHING, no twrp, no-nothing
very few add-on apps installed, no "new" apps, only older, FULLY TESTED ones
so, be on lookout

P.S. if we petition umidigi for access enabling code/data.......
WHAT SHOULD WE ASK FOR?
for camera access too,...
if it would ultimately SELL MORE PHONES, why wouldnt they want to help us advance developement,..
maybe they would give you guys FREE PHONES for the help
-Edward
19th May 2019, 09:14 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Has anyone faced the issue of suddenly getting a non-responsive screen?

The solution is to lock the screen with power button and unlock it again. Not the end of the world but can be annoying when it occurs repeatedly while browsing or chatting.

Sent from my S3_Pro using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stazz83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stazz83 Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 05:48 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stazz83

Has anyone faced the issue of suddenly getting a non-responsive screen?
The solution is to lock the screen with power button and unlock it again. Not the end of the world but can be annoying when it occurs repeatedly while browsing or chatting.

It happened once to me in 5 days. It used to happen to my old phone (HTC 10 with custom rom) sometimes too though.

After 5 days, I have only charged it once overnight, and I still have 45%. It does get some charge while driving, but under 30min per day (and it seems to charge really slow, so that's like +3%). So yeah, actually having a 2.5-day phone (5hr per day screen-on) is awesome.

The ceramic is awesome in a hand, but slippery on a clothed shoulder as well as on any other non-skin surface (about the same as glass/plastic, but more than metal... I've never used a case nor screen-protector, ewwww).

If it is dark and the screen is bright, you notice like 3 lights bleeding on to the screen at the bottom of the LCD (kinda annoying, anyone else get that? Not worth a return though).

I have accidentally recorded a call (I don't even want that feature... need to root and change call-screen I guess?).

I don't see any issue with the notch, and it disappears in a black notification bar so well I forget it is there (when in dark-skin apps).

Camera is OK, but image-stability and focus are not as smooth and easy as my HTC 10 was. Hopefully it will get better, when is the next update? I think the OnePlus 7 Pro uses the same sensor right? (mounted on an OIS that we are lacking though). Maybe we can use their tweaks to help us out on the UmiDigi? I will root mine after the next OTA probably, I feel like that should be any day now.

I got a $700 OnePlus 7 Pro coming for my wife, or maybe a $480 Google Pixel 3a XL is a better choice for her (under $250 after they buy her old 16gb iPhone 6), but I am pretty happy with this $280 S3 Pro for me. I don't know why anyone would pay for Samsung/Apple at this point with their $1000+ phones (with lower specs). The only thing that is a bit disappointing is that my 3yo HTC 10 takes better photos, but I should expect that without OIS and laser auto-focus (is that a thing of the past now? New phones don't seem to have laser auto-focus anymore, but it is awesome).
20th May 2019, 08:10 AM |#116  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick

It happened once to me in 5 days. It used to happen to my old phone (HTC 10 with custom rom) sometimes too though.

After 5 days, I have only charged it once overnight, and I still have 45%. It does get some charge while driving, but under 30min per day (and it seems to charge really slow, so that's like +3%). So yeah, actually having a 2.5-day phone (5hr per day screen-on) is awesome.

The ceramic is awesome in a hand, but slippery on a clothed shoulder as well as on any other non-skin surface (about the same as glass/plastic, but more than metal... I've never used a case nor screen-protector, ewwww).

If it is dark and the screen is bright, you notice like 3 lights bleeding on to the screen at the bottom of the LCD (kinda annoying, anyone else get that? Not worth a return though).

I have accidentally recorded a call (I don't even want that feature... need to root and change call-screen I guess?).

I don't see any issue with the notch, and it disappears in a black notification bar so well I forget it is there (when in dark-skin apps).

Camera is OK, but image-stability and focus are not as smooth and easy as my HTC 10 was. Hopefully it will get better, when is the next update? I think the OnePlus 7 Pro uses the same sensor right? (mounted on an OIS that we are lacking though). Maybe we can use their tweaks to help us out on the UmiDigi? I will root mine after the next OTA probably, I feel like that should be any day now.

I got a $700 OnePlus 7 Pro coming for my wife, or maybe a $480 Google Pixel 3a XL is a better choice for her (under $250 after they buy her old 16gb iPhone 6), but I am pretty happy with this $280 S3 Pro for me. I don't know why anyone would pay for Samsung/Apple at this point with their $1000+ phones (with lower specs). The only thing that is a bit disappointing is that my 3yo HTC 10 takes better photos, but I should expect that without OIS and laser auto-focus (is that a thing of the past now? New phones don't seem to have laser auto-focus anymore, but it is awesome).

Hello friend, I am also very happy with the s3 Pro, its battery is incredible. I already did it root and right now I have stock with magisk 17. My problem now is that I want to install xposed and it gives me problems. It also gives me problems installing GSI. We will solve them already.
I am very happy with the mobile for the moment for its benefits and its price. Also the connectivity is very good.
20th May 2019, 02:19 PM |#117  

More
GSI in S3 pro
I have tried to install Roms GSI (Omni, RR, Descendant) in the S3 Pro and I get the following errors:
First of all, I would like to thank Ko-he for his great help. Install Treble Check and said that our device was A and it is not, it is A / B, therefore we have to install SYSTEM.IMG corresponding to roms A / B.
For the installation I proceeded to flash system.img in system-image, then gaaps i after magisk 19 and reboot.
In this way the rom starts but you can not see the playstore or any other gaap. Only the solution to try to put apps for aptide remains.
Today I will try flashing and restarting each operation to see if there are better results.
I will comment.
If someone can install GSI and work with Playstore, I will be very grateful if you comment.
Thanks again
21st May 2019, 07:51 AM |#118  

More
I've been testing GSI rom for S3. I could only install the PixelDust that already has gaaps. Those that do not carry gaaps give the problem that playstore does not work.
21st May 2019, 07:44 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Where do I install Magisk from if the data partition is wiped?
22nd May 2019, 07:00 AM |#120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookica

Where do I install Magisk from if the data partition is wiped?

Hello: after formatting data, and wipes a system, dalvik, cache and install rom in system-image you proceed to install magisk 19 and then dm verity and restart. The system starts

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Bliss P work fine in S3 Pro with magisk 19, adaway and magisk modules.
Rom fast and without any problem so far. The only thing I saw is that the dark mode is not activated. Although that is not the most important thing.
Gaaps work correctly.
Rooted with magisk 19
Installation:
- enter twrp Ghost
-format data in ext4
-wipe dalvik, system and cache
-install rom for A / B devices
-install magisk 19
-install dm-verity forze encrip
https://mega.nz/#!zIx2SaYS!mjxvVDgfl...knqnfIetGYtzuc
- restart
Link Rom:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...-2019-t3918303

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to totmakina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift totmakina Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 07:41 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
How is the readability under direct sunlight (noon) at maximum brightness? Good or bad? 0-100%?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-s3-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)