persist.service.pcsync.enable=0
ro.ril.enable.a52=1
ro.ril.enable.a53=0

persist.sys.ui.hw=1
view.scroll_friction=10
debug.composition.type=gpu
debug.performance.tuning=1

#advanced touch settings

touch.deviceType=touchScreen touch.orientationAware=1 touch.size.calibration=diameter touch.size.scale=1
touch.size.bias=0
touch.size.isSummed=0
touch.pressure.calibration=physical touch.pressure.scale=0.001 touch.orientation.calibration=none touch.distance.calibration=none
touch.distance.scale=0
touch.coverage.calibration=box
touch.gestureMode=spots
MultitouchSettleInterval=1ms
MultitouchMinDistance=1px
TapInterval=1ms
TapSlop=1px

8th July 2019, 07:01 PM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
No screen freezing here either after ota update. Resolved lost IMEIs & GC issue.
Now to root.
8th July 2019, 08:00 PM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I used the method described by Rwmega (by thanks to you !) here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=287 and flashed a slightly altered 2019060619 S3 Pro ROM with the boot.img of the 2019043022 this morning.

No more generalized touch screen freezing. I can use my phone again.

Unfortunately, my touch screen problem is not 100% solved !

The upper half of my screen regularly becomes totally unresponsive when I do not hold the phone in my hand and only touch it with one finger (when the phone is on my desk, for example). It never happened before.

I am not the only one with this problem :

Here is a post from an Indiegogo backer describing the process that will enable you to check if your S3 Pro is now affected by the touch screen issue caused by the latest update on some devices :

Quote:

Hi UMIDIGI.
The conditions under which the sensitivity of the touch screen on the 20190705-1722 Update decreases.
- Attach the S3 Pro to a tripod or selfie stick and operate the touch screen with one finger.
- At this time, make sure that other fingers and hands do not touch the S3 Pro side and back. (If you hold it in your hand or operate it with two or more fingers, you will not see any symptoms.)
We are in trouble because we attach S3 Pro to tripod and use.
Please correct it immediately.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/u...hone#/comments

You do not need to use a selfie stick in the first step. Just remove the phone from its protective case (if any) and put it on a table or a flat surface. Then, touch the screen with a single finger (try with the upper half of your screen).

I am able to reproduce the touch screen issues with a success rate (I would rather call it a failure lol) of 100% when I realize the conditions described in this procedure.

One could think that the latest update revealed a touch screen grounding issue on some devices, that was previously compensated in a way that affected negatively a good chunk of the S3 Pro userbase with touschscreen freezing issues.

Now that they fixed it, a few people like me are f*cked : they just transfered the problem to another subset of the S3 Pro userbase.

PS : Obviously, no answer from Umidigi...

EDIT : testimony of another victim of this update found in the Indiegogo S3 Pro page comments section :
Quote:

guys do not updae. screen touch is very bad now. you have to press hard and also it dosent register some touch. its vwry annoying. Do not update.

8th July 2019, 10:48 PM |#304  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquettelehamster

I used the method described by Rwmega (by thanks to you !) here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=287 and flashed a slightly altered 2019060619 S3 Pro ROM with the boot.img of the 2019043022 this morning.

No more generalized touch screen freezing. I can use my phone again.

Unfortunately, my touch screen problem is not 100% solved !

The upper half of my screen regularly becomes totally unresponsive when I do not hold the phone in my hand and only touch it with one finger (when the phone is on my desk, for example). It never happened before.

I am not the only one with this problem :

Here is a post from an Indiegogo backer describing the process that will enable you to check if your S3 Pro is now affected by the touch screen issue caused by the latest update on some devices :

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/u...hone#/comments

You do not need to use a selfie stick in the first step. Just remove the phone from its protective case (if any) and put it on a table or a flat surface. Then, touch the screen with a single finger (try with the upper half of your screen).

I am able to reproduce the touch screen issues with a success rate (I would rather call it a failure lol) of 100% when I realize the conditions described in this procedure.

One could think that the latest update revealed a touch screen grounding issue on some devices, that was previously compensated in a way that affected negatively a good chunk of the S3 Pro userbase with touschscreen freezing issues.

Now that they fixed it, a few people like me are f*cked : they just transfered the problem to another subset of the S3 Pro userbase.

PS : Obviously, no answer from Umidigi...

EDIT : testimony of another victim of this update found in the Indiegogo S3 Pro page comments section :

@croquettelehamster glad the boot.img trick worked for you. This last update seems to have fixed my screen (Yay) but sadly it didn't help everyone.

To anyone reading if you choose to flash just the boot.img file to your phone it will not delete your data/apps/or settings; and best of all it does not change your modem.

Prior to the 0705 update I was using the 0605 system update with the EU boot.img of the 0621 download (that one was on the thread of the EU 0605 update). I didn't want the 0621 full update because it was EU and that made my reception in the US horrible.

It doesn't hurt to try to flash other boot.img files from the other updates from umidigi. If your phone was working before hopefully you can find the boot.img that will fix or make your phone usable again. Just select download option on SPFT, use any scatter file, uncheck everything but the boot.img and select the boot.img of your choice from your downloads, and flash.
9th July 2019, 02:46 PM |#305  

More
yeah me too flash back 051310 boot.img and is working fine now.
The Following User Says Thank You to derricksrs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derricksrs Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 06:28 PM |#306  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
My phone just updated to the 20190708-0919 version (EU). I imagine Umidigi is trying to address the touchscreen issues. I haven't had those since the last few updates, so I can't tell the real difference between the last builds.

Sent from my S3_Pro using Tapatalk
10th July 2019, 05:07 AM |#307  

More
yeah they are trying hard on the touchscreen issue.
10th July 2019, 12:59 PM |#308  

More
At least there is no need to sleep then wake up although there is still some lag in on the upper portion of th screen.
10th July 2019, 09:11 PM |#309  
Newark
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Woke to my screen on in TWRP mode last night around 2AM. Tried rebooting, but it looped back to recovery. It's still encrypted because I can't get past it even though Merkurial was gracious enough to show how he did it. Completely panicked because I rely heavily on my phone for work and I can't just restore a backup from TWRP. Went downstairs grabbed my micro SD card I was using this weekend with it. I had the last 2 Umidigi updates on it. Flashed the latest boot.img and recovery.img from TWRP. It booted to an Android error screen with a cache error. Pressed power+ vol up, let go of vol up, and got into stock recovery. Went down to wipe cache and rebooted back to to my system. All better. If your encrypted, TWRP won't let you wipe the cache anyway. Hopes this helps someone out there.
11th July 2019, 04:16 AM |#310  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Waked up this early morning by my S3 pro bootlooping. Beside forced go into Recovery the phone won't do anything else.

So I downloaded the 2019070622_g38v71c2k_kw_s3_pro rom and trying to flash with SPFT, the default Download mode failed with error and I was asked to use Format+download, which was done successfully.

But upon restarted the phone, I immediately noticed two big red "Inactivate" on the right-upper corner of the screen (for TEE and Google), and MEID, IMEI 1/2 all lost.

It can only connect to WiFi now, no calls no data even with correct Sim card (my network carrier is recognized).

I tried re-apply the OTA via Recovery before doing SPFT and it was failed with error as well.

Contacted with Umidigi and waiting for reply. What should I do now?

Any help would be appreciated!
11th July 2019, 05:14 AM |#311  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 637

More
Ordered mine tonight and should be here Friday. Got a smokin' deal on Amazon with a $60 voucher they had. Final price $239!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeyLee Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-s3-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)