1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,132

By ghost45, Senior Member on 13th March 2019, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2019, 06:53 AM |#351  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 637

More
Ok so after a dozen tries, I have not been able to get TWRP on this device. I've had it appear as if it flashed but still nothing there. Any suggestions?

19th July 2019, 10:11 AM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I had to flash twrp through SP Flash Tool. Phone relocked, but remained rooted with twrp.
19th July 2019, 01:04 PM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davindy

Assuming your bootloader is already unlocked, or that you know how to do it - just follow these steps:
Download a Treble based ROM from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...ce-development
Bring up ADB
Then issue these commands:
fastboot reboot
fastboot flash system "system_img_name".img
fastboot reboot

And your done!

I have not tried disabling encryption, nor do I think having Bliss installed or any other Treble based ROM, makes it any more possible?
The problem with TWRP that I don't like is that there is no official version for our phones, so it only works half-ass. Plus you have to run the DM-Verity or risk bricking your phone, but this script, if you're not careful, will wipe your NVRAM leaving you in a much worse position. So I don't bother with it, there's really no advantage to having a custom recovery if all you want is a custom ROM. I believe you can remove the encrypted partition by using TWRP and changing the file system type, then changing it back. TWRP will re-create the partition unencrypted, but again why, what's the advantage?

After installing bliss os, how to install gapps and root it without flashing the recovery? Thanks
19th July 2019, 07:39 PM |#354  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1chaeldg

After installing bliss os, how to install gapps and root it without flashing the recovery? Thanks

Gapps comes with Bliss so no need to do anything there...
Root didn't interest me so I have not tried that yet. But I'm sure there's a way....
The Following User Says Thank You to Davindy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davindy Ad-Free
21st July 2019, 12:21 AM |#355  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davindy

Assuming your bootloader is already unlocked, or that you know how to do it - just follow these steps:
Download a Treble based ROM from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...ce-development
Bring up ADB
Then issue these commands:
fastboot reboot
fastboot flash system "system_img_name".img
fastboot reboot

And your done!

I have not tried disabling encryption, nor do I think having Bliss installed or any other Treble based ROM, makes it any more possible?
The problem with TWRP that I don't like is that there is no official version for our phones, so it only works half-ass. Plus you have to run the DM-Verity or risk bricking your phone, but this script, if you're not careful, will wipe your NVRAM leaving you in a much worse position. So I don't bother with it, there's really no advantage to having a custom recovery if all you want is a custom ROM. I believe you can remove the encrypted partition by using TWRP and changing the file system type, then changing it back. TWRP will re-create the partition unencrypted, but again why, what's the advantage?

Thanks Davindy. Yea, I know that this TWRP version is not official, but it's way better than the stock recovery. Your way on how to disable the encryption by using TWRP and changing the file system, is really interesting.
Now, the advantage of having a unencrypted partition is that I have complete access from the TWRP to that partition, currently I can access only my external microSD card.

However, given that my rooted+TWRP stock ROM is running fine with no issues, I'd wait a bit more until we have a solid safe way to decrypt the partition and have an official TWRP version, but I surely have my eyes on Bliss OS.
Thanks again.
21st July 2019, 02:18 PM |#356  

More
Google camera for umidigi s3 pro
Hi all, which newer version of gcam worked on umidigi s3 pro, I installed different versions for test. but only one works and this
MGC_5.1.018_FinalMod_v4.apk

celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog83/
22nd July 2019, 04:00 PM |#357  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsans

Thanks Davindy. Yea, I know that this TWRP version is not official, but it's way better than the stock recovery. Your way on how to disable the encryption by using TWRP and changing the file system, is really interesting.
Now, the advantage of having a unencrypted partition is that I have complete access from the TWRP to that partition, currently I can access only my external microSD card.

However, given that my rooted+TWRP stock ROM is running fine with no issues, I'd wait a bit more until we have a solid safe way to decrypt the partition and have an official TWRP version, but I surely have my eyes on Bliss OS.
Thanks again.

I can confirm that this method works (removing encryption), I've done it myself. Huge disclaimer here is to be 100% sure you have a clean backup of your NVRAM!
If you run the generic DMVerity script it will wipe your NVRAM, so you'll need to restore it afterwards.

I would think the steps would be something like this...
*** Before doing anything backup NVRAM***

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Flash TWRP using SPFlash Tool
3. Boot to TWRP and finish setup (language selection etc.)
4. Change file system in TWRP (I forget the default FS so take note of what it is before you change it), Select a different FS, apply it, then go back to the default, apply that.
5. Go to install and make sure TWRP can see your internal FS should say around 128GB
6. Load and run DMVerity file
7. Turn off phone and flash NVRAM back to phone using SPFlash
8. Boot back to fastboot and push a Treble based ROM with Gapps (i.e. - BlissOS)
9. Reboot to system.

This should leave you with a TWRP enabled recovery, unencrypted FS with a Treble based ROM.
Keep in mind I haven't tested this theory this far yet, but it should technically work!
As long as you backup backup backup you should be able to recover for any issues that may arise....

Let me know if this works for you, or anyone else trying it!?!?
23rd July 2019, 12:01 AM |#358  
Newark
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I opus l

I just like having nandroid backup on hand at all times. I have had Majisk modules boot loop after install. Instead of going through a new set up, and restoring everything from titanium, restoring ring tones, SIM card setup, etc, I prefer to just have the backup on the device. That's my reason for TWRP. I know you can backup with adb, but that involves being attached to PC and is more involved. You're right though it sucks not having an official version.

As soon as I get the time I'm going to take you're instructions and try to get this thing unencrypted and running Bliss. Think all I have to do is run your instructions.

*Edit Have Twrp installed prior with Stock and backup Nvdata
Get Bliss running fresh setup but encrypted
Install TWRP
Format data
Boot into fastboot
Flash Bliss again from adb.
Boot into TWRP
Install dm-verity
Install Majisk
*Edit Restore nvdata
Reboot into Bliss

Anyone see any issues with that plan?
*Edit Got It!

Just got installed and setup. Only issue I see so far is no dual LTE on Sim cards. I'll update if anyone is interested

Just a follow-up on Bliss. Got it running and unencrypted. Couple of notes

-On the Bliss XDA page the last version available is 04/09/19 without gapps. If you go to their download server the latest version is 05/07/19. Not the greatest but better than April.

-Their initial nav bar doesn't have long press for assistant. You have to go settings and switch to Smart Bar and it's a more traditional nav bar. I thought gapps was broken because long pressing home was not doing anything

-The initial April version I installed was terrible on battery. After installing this latest one over the weekend it's much better.

-No VOLTE

-NO DUAL LTE! This might be a deal breaker for me. One of my big reasons for getting this phone, was dual LTE. I just came from OnePlus 3T which had dual SIM but not LTE. Without this option I'm running a slightly bigger phone with better battery but less processing power.

Everything else is pretty solid. Plenty of options. Pretty solid on the reliability front too. No reboots or crashes
23rd July 2019, 05:14 PM |#359  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone tried to use dual sim + sd card option using the adapter? Looks like this option is disabled neither of the sim card nor the sd card is detected. Any suggestions? Also twrp cannot access the internal memory, it can only access only the otg.
23rd July 2019, 11:38 PM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaooss

Hi all, which newer version of gcam worked on umidigi s3 pro, I installed different versions for test. but only one works and this
MGC_5.1.018_FinalMod_v4.apk

celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog83/

Tried installing MGC_5.1.018_FinalMod_v4.apk on S3 pro but camera crashed on opening app. Anyone have any luck?
26th July 2019, 07:39 AM |#361  

More
Havoc OS
I have tried to install Havoc OS, this is my experience:

1) I have latest official Umidigi firmware
2) Enabled Developer settings ---> OEM unlock & Debug USB
3) adb reboot bootloader
4) fastboot flashing unlock ---> Volume up ---> fastboot reboot
5) Power off
6) With SP Fash Tool install TWRP and Havoc OS ARM64-AB
7) Start S3 Pro in recovery with Power and Volume up
8) TWRP ---> Wipe ---> Format DATA
9) TWRP ---> Wipe ---> Swipe to Factory reset
10) TWRP ---> Wipe ---> Advanced Wipe ---> Select System ---> Repair or change FS ---> RESIZE FILE SYSTEM (now system partition is 3027 MB)
11) TWRP ---> Install ---> Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt, Magisk 19.3, OpenGApps (not important which version)
12) REBOOT

ALL works but I don't have GApps installed: if I check size of system partition I see that with GApps Super installed is more that 1 GB than before.....

Any ideas???

TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/aubrey/twrp-3.3.1-0-aubrey.img
Havoc OS: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...oc-os-t3930030
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117895653
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-s3-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)