UMIDIGI S3 Pro

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,130

By ghost45, Senior Member on 13th March 2019, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2019, 07:43 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you, thank you thank you... @Zahr, you are the champion! That special SN Writer immediately worked.
Now my phone back to normal, what a relief 😄

12th July 2019, 05:55 PM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
battery time
for using only as a PHONE, this thing is GREAT......
18, yes, i said EIGHTEEN days since last charge, and i still
had 23% left.. loaded with well over 100 apps.
i dont know how they do it, but just the battery time is
worth $300...

i had a pic to upload buy dont know the URL?
pic is on my computer
12th July 2019, 07:29 PM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I'm very glad that it worked for you! I was super excited when I finally seen that the writer said "OK" during the handshake stage & even more so when I seen "PASS" show up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zahr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zahr Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 12:05 PM |#324  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Has anyone got this device working on MetroPCS? I cannot get it to work to save my life.
13th July 2019, 03:11 PM |#325  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee

Has anyone got this device working on MetroPCS? I cannot get it to work to save my life.

I just helped a friend of mine get a phone (not s3 pro) on metro, you have to go into a store. Tell them you want to activate the device on their service, and they have to manually put the IMEI into their system. Once that is done reboot phone with Sim in and you should be good.

We have two imei's so be sure to give them the one for the slot you will be using, and be prepared metro charges to activate any phone on their Network, $15 to $18.
Unlike att or tmo where you can just pop in Sim into any phone, metro makes everyone "register" IMEI before being allowed on their Network
13th July 2019, 05:12 PM |#326  
Flag Phoenix

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwmega

I just helped a friend of mine get a phone (not s3 pro) on metro, you have to go into a store. Tell them you want to activate the device on their service, and they have to manually put the IMEI into their system. Once that is done reboot phone with Sim in and you should be good.

We have two imei's so be sure to give them the one for the slot you will be using, and be prepared metro charges to activate any phone on their Network, $15 to $18.
Unlike att or tmo where you can just pop in Sim into any phone, metro makes everyone "register" IMEI before being allowed on their Network

Cool I'll give that a try and see if it works. I already have Metro but swapping the SIM out from my Huawei device to the S3 isn't working. Hopefully the IMEI is the issue and it will work.
13th July 2019, 08:20 PM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
My carrier charges $25 upgrade/activation in-store. I call it a "clerk setup fee" 'cause they won't hand over the phone even if you tell them you know how to set up the new phone.
14th July 2019, 01:14 AM |#328  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
oses?
Hi,there Is Chance to install win10 arm or lot or arm Linux into dual boot...
14th July 2019, 01:38 AM |#329  
Flag Phoenix

More
So, got the phone got the OTA and got the Metro issue worked out. Now about Root? Has anyone been successful in rooting without it affecting the device? And most important, is there a way to get the damn Google Search widget off of the stock home screen? I haven't been able to.
14th July 2019, 03:41 AM |#330  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My advices is backup nvram. Nvcfg using twrp so any mishaps while flashing custom rom. U could just flash the nvram, nvcfg to get back your imei.
14th July 2019, 06:44 AM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I finally decided to give up on the S3 Pro and went back to my trusty Lenovo P2.
There were just too many issues with the phone like bad mobile/wifi reception, wifi dropping issues, touchscreen issues and dissappointing camera app. I don't even trust some of the bloatware stock system apps that come with the phone, like the suspiciously large flashlight app, and several hidden ones. On top of that the screen cracked on the first fall it took, from about 1m.
About the only thing I did like is how easy it was to unlock and flash the phone, and install treble images.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-s3-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)