FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

UMX U683CL Root Tutorial

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 33
 
By sc0rp1, Member on 20th November 2019, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2019, 10:26 AM |#71  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaSiDeRiCH

I am having the same issue. I got a free Assurance Android phone from the government and nearly every time I wake up the phone Chrome opens and the website gh1.ggdays.com loads. It's so annoying. Definitely seems like some kind of malware. But, I don't know how I got it because I don't do anything fishy on my phone. I only download well known, reputable apps. And I only visit well known, reputable websites. And I never click on ads. So, can someone please help me?

have you tried my stock rooted rom?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uyatm...patch.zip/file
this is the april Patch, so if anything goes wrong, please message me, i'll be happy to upload all other partition but from what i seen on the update patch file, the partitions i included are the only ones that are being modified.
2nd December 2019, 12:33 PM |#72  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp1

have you tried my stock rooted rom?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uyatm...patch.zip/file
this is the april Patch, so if anything goes wrong, please message me, i'll be happy to upload all other partition but from what i seen on the update patch file, the partitions i included are the only ones that are being modified.

How do we install it ?
2nd December 2019, 12:40 PM |#73  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derwoodbones

How do we install it ?

use Qfil, if you dont know how to, im happy to do it for you, just leave me a nice comment letting others know how it worked out for you.
if you'd rather try it on your own, simply select each partition with qfil, make sure to select the correct partition first as it has the tendency of auto selecting the top one, which happens to be modem (kinda important, lol)/ if u want me to help you out,
please get teamviewer and qfil ready and i'll do it for you
2nd December 2019, 01:10 PM |#74  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp1

use Qfil, if you dont know how to, im happy to do it for you, just leave me a nice comment letting others know how it worked out for you.
if you'd rather try it on your own, simply select each partition with qfil, make sure to select the correct partition first as it has the tendency of auto selecting the top one, which happens to be modem (kinda important, lol)/ if u want me to help you out,
please get teamviewer and qfil ready and i'll do it for you

I just installed your stock rooted rom seems to have installed fine but magisk says its not installed ?
2nd December 2019, 01:20 PM |#75  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derwoodbones

I just installed your stock rooted rom seems to have installed fine but magisk says its not installed ?

odd, i might've mistakenly uploaded a full stock. try going to recovery, if it doesnt show twrp. Install it on Qfil from my twrp port and then install magisk.zip followed by magisk manager.apk.
Hope this helps
2nd December 2019, 01:55 PM |#76  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Ok I installed your stock rom, Loaded TWRP and Rooted, Now I will wait and see if the Gdamn advertisements come back
2nd December 2019, 01:59 PM |#77  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derwoodbones

Ok I installed your stock rom, Loaded TWRP and Rooted, Now I will wait and see if the Gdamn advertisements come back

happy it worked for u, dont forget to get me a starbucks if this helped u lmao
2nd December 2019, 11:46 PM |#78  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Ok now that I have your stock rom installed it is now asking me to install a new 89 meg firmware update from assurance dated 08/19 now what, Cant install now that TWRP is in there right ?

Something is not right, After doing a clean install of your stock rom the phone will not install the 8/19 update, Just errors out in recovery
3rd December 2019, 12:54 AM |#79  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derwoodbones

Ok now that I have your stock rom installed it is now asking me to install a new 89 meg firmware update from assurance dated 08/19 now what, Cant install now that TWRP is in there right ?

Something is not right, After doing a clean install of your stock rom the phone will not install the 8/19 update, Just errors out in recovery

Having the twrp and/or root installed and the. Installing an update can cause mistakes and bricks. The update verifies and patches the partitions it was meant to do. Having systemless root means your boot image is patched. As the update tries to install it sees that your boot partition is modified and thus fails. It maybe also be looking for changes in recovery, if they're doing a patch for it.

To successfully update. Flash stock boot and stock recovery (if you modified any other partition such as modem or vendor, flash the stock for those too). Then update, go to settings, check if there's any other updates then flash back twrp and root with magisk.zip.

DONT flash back your previously rooted boot as it may get stuck in a boot loop or boot screen.

I'm not home right now, I'll upload stock boot for you once I get home if you need it.
3rd December 2019, 01:18 AM |#80  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
What I did was flash your stock rom from here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...k-rom-t4009001

Then I booted the phone and tried to install the new update from the OTA updater and it failed, I dont know what to do from here, Could you please maybe upload a backup I can install with Qfil of the 8/19 update ?
3rd December 2019, 02:42 PM |#81  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
phone won't install OTA and won't stop nagging me about it
So my phone keeps popping up that a wireless update is available and it wants to install it. I press install, it does its stuff and reboots (no indication of failure), but before long I'm getting the same notification about the same update.

I finally tried to install it in TWRP, and the terminal shows it fails with this error:

Code:
E3004: This package is for "U638CL" devices; this is a ""
Any way to edit my phone back from being a "" to a U638CL?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes