FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

UMX U683CL Stock Rom

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By sc0rp1, Senior Member on 24th November 2019, 09:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys, a lot of you have been having some issues with rooting and ended in a loop boot or simply wanted the stock rom.
So here you go guys:

Stock:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uyatm...patch.zip/file

To Root:
-Reboot to recovery (If you get a little android man with an error icon, hold power and click once on volume up, it should show the menu)
-Factory Reset and Wipe Cache
-Run Qfil
-Put phone in EDL mode
-Flash Necessary Partitions from stock
-Flash my TWRP image : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-twrp-t4006993
-Install Magisk.zip
-Reboot to System
-Install Magisk Manager.apk
-Go to System > About Phone > Update > Update Profile....wait a few seconds....phone will activate
-Enjoy and let others know your experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sc0rp1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sc0rp1 Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 12:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I really appreciate all that you're doing, my problem is that when I connect the phone to my pc it tries and fails to install the drivers and the phone keeps making a noise every few seconds. The device manager has it listed under portable devices as MTP USB Device and I can't figure out how to load the correct drivers so that adb and Qfil will recognize it, is there another way to flash the rom?
25th November 2019, 03:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@TommyShelbyPB
Quoted from Scorps original thread:
-Install Qloader Drivers (may need to disable signature verification on windows 10):
*32bit: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q1uyn...Setup.exe/file
*64bit: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5wc5n...Setup.exe/file

You are a lifesaver. Yes, your Firmware worked even when I tried it following your original instructions. I just got stuck in a boot loop with -my- firmware. Not sure why, maybe something those malware apps (I'm looking at you M.U and Online Plus) had "updated" on my phone? Yeah, I didn't realize they where pre-installed-malware apps at first. But I did realize something was seriously wrong with this phone from the day I got, like why was I burning mobile data (about ~1mb an hour) and battery so fast even when I had the phone on stand by? Even with everything in Hibernate (via greenify) there still seemed to be something in the background that was using my data all the time. It also raised some questions for me about why an O.S. that was developed to run on phones with 500mb of memory using 600 or more.

Now the only thing that sucks is that I don't really want to waste time cleaning the stock ROM myself just to have to reflash it in a few days with Scorp's Custom ROMS.

P.S. This site has been a great experience for me. I've pretty much gone from end-user newb to at least having a grasp of the basics in a couple of days here. I'm definitely keeping this on my bookmarks for a while. Maybe someday I'll actually contribute something.
28th November 2019, 09:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Oh yeah, I don't know if it's my phone or my P.C. but I didn't follow scorps step by step. Actually I don't think that EDL program is necessary at all. I can do that way better by removing my battery, Take out your battery, hold volume up and down and plug in the USB. It should (or at least mine boots into recovery) And actually I had a lot more success flashing this POS without the drivers on my P.C. My P.C. I think already has these, lol, installing the drivers actually just messed things up, the phone detected instantly after I un-installed all those drivers....

Don't quote me though. I may have a different version of the phone from scorps. I just got this thing, so *F* knows what they may have changed from between mine and theirs. I literally just got this a few weeks ago so there where probably a few software updates between my and (this) firmware.... This method works perfectly for re-flashing the phone though. Haha so I'm going to have more fun ****ing up and re-flashing my phone till I figure out what exactly is wrong with this thing..
28th November 2019, 09:22 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow Heart

Oh yeah, I don't know if it's my phone or my P.C. but I didn't follow scorps step by step. Actually I don't think that EDL program is necessary at all. I can do that way better by removing my battery, Take out your battery, hold volume up and down and plug in the USB. It should (or at least mine boots into recovery) And actually I had a lot more success flashing this POS without the drivers on my P.C. My P.C. I think already has these, lol, installing the drivers actually just messed things up, the phone detected instantly after I un-installed all those drivers....

Don't quote me though. I may have a different version of the phone from scorps. I just got this thing, so *F* knows what they may have changed from between mine and theirs. I literally just got this a few weeks ago so there where probably a few software updates between my and (this) firmware.... This method works perfectly for re-flashing the phone though. Haha so I'm going to have more fun ****ing up and re-flashing my phone till I figure out what exactly is wrong with this thing..

private message me, lets get on teamviewer and i'll have your phone fully rooted debloated and with twrp.
29th November 2019, 01:36 AM |#6  

More
Can you connect to my pc with Teamviewer and help me out with my phone?
29th November 2019, 08:38 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debloatme

Can you connect to my pc with Teamviewer and help me out with my phone?

sure thing, message me when you're online and ready.
4th December 2019, 03:56 AM |#8  

More
chromebook in developer mode
I was wondering how I can do this I have the same phone I have it ready to gobut I just cannot figure out how to do this and shell or crosh on my Chromebook.I am new at this I am not a techie I do not know how to code I used to root all my phones beforelike three years ago before it came really hard to do. so I have the same phone and I have been trying to root it for over a weekI'd like to root it without a computer or with my Chromebook
4th December 2019, 04:06 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap13Cute

I was wondering how I can do this I have the same phone I have it ready to gobut I just cannot figure out how to do this and shell or crosh on my Chromebook.I am new at this I am not a techie I do not know how to code I used to root all my phones beforelike three years ago before it came really hard to do. so I have the same phone and I have been trying to root it for over a weekI'd like to root it without a computer or with my Chromebook

I'm about to get home I'll do it for u free of charge
18th December 2019, 08:50 PM |#10  

More
Does stock rom mean vanilla Android? I am trying to switch from Android go edition to a normal Android so that I can use this phone with a wear os smart watch. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
20th December 2019, 10:10 PM |#11  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey how do I do the stock April patch back to factory? I wanna redo the entire thing from start
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)