Umx u683cl twrp

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By sc0rp1, Senior Member on 21st November 2019, 06:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2019, 02:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will do, should know in about an hour. Thanks a bunch.
26th November 2019, 04:43 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
If anyone could help us root this phone that would be amazing! i ended up with three of these thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to elenaaustin87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elenaaustin87 Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 02:54 AM |#13  

More
i think this is the log from the error i keep getting . what am i doing wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: log 132192929735143960.log - [Click for QR Code] (19.9 KB, 20 views)
27th November 2019, 05:11 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve62275

i think this is the log from the error i keep getting . what am i doing wrong?

It's the location of the programmer due to the name of the folder. Put everything you need on your desktop and try it that way.
27th November 2019, 03:53 PM |#15  

More
I moved everything to the desktop.....same result. I am going to wipe my computer and only load qualcomm and drivers and try that. Will let you know.
27th November 2019, 08:26 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I moved everything to the desktop.....same result. I am going to wipe my computer and only load qualcomm and drivers and try that. Will let you know.

From your log:
Invalid RAWPROGRAM file path ignored: C:\Users\bigst\OneDrive\Desktop\UMX\programmer_and _xml's (1)\boot Ignored

When u say move everything to desktop, I mean move boot directly to desktop, love firehorse programmer directly to desktop
NOT move the programmer_and_xml's (1) folder to desktop.

Let's make this easier....just rename
"programmer_and_xml's (1)" folder to "files" and try Qfil again.

Qfil is having problems with the appostrophies, underscores, spaces and parentheses in the folder name.
27th November 2019, 08:35 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Also Make sure you have QPST Installed and not running QFIL from the portable version.
https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-474

If you dont see a QPST folder in your start menu, then you're running the portable version and need to install it.
Then run Qfil from start menu, scroll to QPST folder select Qfil (i run mine as admin, not sure if it'll make a difference)
Try again, it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to sc0rp1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sc0rp1 Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 04:02 PM |#18  
Flag Chico

More
so, I have been following these threads on TWRP for the U683 and on a root for the phone, and was stoked to check back the other day and see major progress being made. thanks to all invoved!
Anyways, I've soft bricked my umx somehow. I flashed TWRP and root for the phone first. everything booted up fine, but my radios were all out. So I reflashed everything in the stock april patch one by one . . . Now the phone won't boot at all. I've tried all most everything. I have the Oct '19 security patch BTW. I tried flashing multiple stock boot images, including the most recent one relevant to my situation. When I connect to the computer, it takes a little bit of work getting QFIL to detect it on the port, but the red charge light starts blinking steadily as soon as it's plugged into anything, wall or computer. Pulled the battery, replaced and held both volume buttons while inserting the USB which got my flashing again, but nothing will get the phone to boot now. And, when flashing, the light used be solid red, the first time I believe. Perhaps it's stuck and a mode that I'm not closing properly?
Anyways, I knew I should'nt have been working on this with my main phone, but guess my inner developer took hold, and needs more training I might add. Any and all help will be greatfully appreciated. Heck, I appreciate this much work on the subject to begin with!

Thanks gang.
-Wr3k
29th November 2019, 09:33 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3k

so, I have been following these threads on TWRP for the U683 and on a root for the phone, and was stoked to check back the other day and see major progress being made. thanks to all invoved!
Anyways, I've soft bricked my umx somehow. I flashed TWRP and root for the phone first. everything booted up fine, but my radios were all out. So I reflashed everything in the stock april patch one by one . . . Now the phone won't boot at all. I've tried all most everything. I have the Oct '19 security patch BTW. I tried flashing multiple stock boot images, including the most recent one relevant to my situation. When I connect to the computer, it takes a little bit of work getting QFIL to detect it on the port, but the red charge light starts blinking steadily as soon as it's plugged into anything, wall or computer. Pulled the battery, replaced and held both volume buttons while inserting the USB which got my flashing again, but nothing will get the phone to boot now. And, when flashing, the light used be solid red, the first time I believe. Perhaps it's stuck and a mode that I'm not closing properly?
Anyways, I knew I should'nt have been working on this with my main phone, but guess my inner developer took hold, and needs more training I might add. Any and all help will be greatfully appreciated. Heck, I appreciate this much work on the subject to begin with!

Thanks gang.
-Wr3k

Pm me, i'll fix it for you.
5th December 2019, 02:16 PM |#20  
Flag Grandville

Donate to Me
More
had wrong qfil program
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp1

Also Make sure you have QPST Installed and not running QFIL from the portable version.
https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-474

If you dont see a QPST folder in your start menu, then you're running the portable version and need to install it.
Then run Qfil from start menu, scroll to QPST folder select Qfil (i run mine as admin, not sure if it'll make a difference)
Try again, it should work.

well that explains it i was using the wrong program
2nd January 2020, 09:09 AM |#21  
Flag Sierra vista

More
any custom rom for umx u683cl .
Thanks for the root info!I need and really want a custom rom if anyone can share. my email is [email protected]..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)