Thanks Meter: 51

By sc0rp1, Senior Member on 21st November 2019, 06:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2020, 09:09 AM |#21  
Flag Sierra vista
Thanks Meter: 0

More
any custom rom for umx u683cl .
Thanks for the root info!I need and really want a custom rom if anyone can share. my email is [email protected]..
13th January 2020, 12:36 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Is this phone treble compatible?
Enable local terminal in developer settings, open the terminal and type "getprop ro.treble.enabled" and tell me the output.
If this is treble compatible you could just use any gsi rom, that would be awesome.
14th January 2020, 12:45 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Everyone here should read this article: https://arstechnica.com/information-...vable-malware/

Quote:
Originally Posted by M47Z

Is this phone treble compatible?
Enable local terminal in developer settings, open the terminal and type "getprop ro.treble.enabled" and tell me the output.
If this is treble compatible you could just use any gsi rom, that would be awesome.

Code:
$ adb shell getprop ro.treble.enabled                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
true
14th January 2020, 01:54 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftwareSucks

Everyone here should read this article: https://arstechnica.com/information-...vable-malware/

Code:
$ adb shell getprop ro.treble.enabled                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
true

I already mentioned in the main the root thread that it was compatible. You'll need A only GSI.
14th January 2020, 02:31 AM |#25  

More
Well ok I already typed a whole tutorial without even owning the phone how it could probably work, but most likely wouldn't. But the user sc0rp1 already figured out treble is supported, and that the device is arm a-only. He then said he will try it out but never came back to it, so maybe it doesn't work or he is just too stressed out from helping dozen of people with their phones.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...orial-t4006847
So probably we should ask him first, he got the phone and knows his stuff.
14th January 2020, 02:42 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't even own the phone but got interested reading that article

So treble enabled is great! One more thing to find out: is the partition scheme a or a/b?
Could you enter "getprop ro.build.ab_update" and "getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix" in terminal?
If it is a/b, first command should return "true", second command should be either a or b.
If it is a only (I'd guess it is, because the phone has a small flash storage) first one should give "false", second one I am not sure, probably an error?
I read somewhere else that the bootloader is unlocked by default, if that is true I don't see a reason why gsi roms should not work.

If someone feels lucky try out these steps. Just know: I don't own the phone, I am just going by how it usually works.

0. Backup your stuff, obviously.

1. Find out if it is a or a/b like mentioned above. If it is a, download this file:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/and...mg.xz/download
If it is a/b, download this file:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/and...mg.xz/download

2. unpack the archive so you end up with an .img file.

3. reboot phone to bootloader feg. by using adb: "adb reboot bootloader". It is possible that this needs root: If that is the case follow steps from other thread to root it (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...rial-t4006847/), then install a Terminal app, give it root acess by entering "su" and confirming the popup, and then just enter "reboot bootloader"

3. hopefully we are in fastboot mode now. Connect phone to computer with fastboot set up (->google) and enter "fastboot devices". If it shows your device it's all good. If it doesn't we are either missing drivers (maybe the ones from root tutorial will do? no idea) or bootloader is locked. Let's pretend this works.

4. Time to flash gsi! "fastboot flash system /path/to/gsiimage.img". Easiest way is to just put the system image in the same folder as fastboot executable, so you just have to enter "fastboot flash system /path/to/ineage-16.0-20191017-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm_avN.img" for example. Otherwise you will have to enter the full path.

5. Wipe phone: "fastboot -w"

6. Reboot phone and pray! "fastboot reboot"

When done tell me how it failed I am making some bold assumptions here (like: there is no vbmeta because it is not in the stock package) and there are thousand ways for this to fail. But maybe we are lucky! Again, don't own phone, you take full responsibility.

As i said earlier, its A only, this was mentioned a while ago in my root thread. Phone wont boot if you flash gsi i tried already. Also you cant use fastboot as all flash commands have been stripped out of it on this phone, thank you UMX! lol

I have a WIP, no worries you guys will have GSI by next week,
14th January 2020, 02:53 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp1

As i said earlier, its A only, this was mentioned a while ago in my root thread. Phone wont boot if you flash gsi i tried already. Also you cant use fastboot as all flash commands have been stripped out of it on this phone, thank you UMX! lol

I have a WIP, no worries you guys will have GSI by next week,

Ah damn, I already figured out I was being stupid and edited it... Too late to little I guess. Now everyone knows.

You talked about having a full backup of all partitions? Do you have vbmeta as well?
Maybe it is just a matter of reflashing stock vbmeta with "fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verification vbmeta.img" (or whatever this would be in QPST). If you use LineageOS gsi you don't even have to disable verity.

Ok I'll shut up now and let you do what you do!
14th January 2020, 02:55 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah damn, I already figured out I was being stupid and edited it... Too late to little I guess. Now everyone knows.

You talked about having a full backup of all partitions? Do you have vbmeta as well?
Maybe it is just a matter of reflashing stock vbmeta with "fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verification vbmeta.img" (or whatever this would be in QPST). If you use LineageOS gsi you don't even have to disable verity.

Ok I'll shut up now and let you do what you do!

I do not have vbmeta partition but if its there i can dump it. no worries you guys are getting GSI very soon. Happy new year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sc0rp1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sc0rp1 Ad-Free
14th January 2020, 08:49 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
PM me if you'd like to work together on the GSI image, I've been doing some tinkering myself.
17th January 2020, 02:13 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftwareSucks

PM me if you'd like to work together on the GSI image, I've been doing some tinkering myself.

lets get it working!
The Following User Says Thank You to sc0rp1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sc0rp1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)