FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unofficial TWRPs for devices without source code

445 posts
Thanks Meter: 132
 
By Augustoandro, Senior Member on 24th August 2018, 01:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th August 2018, 11:00 AM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

Go into the Magisk thread, there are installation instructions for rooting using a patched boot.img
Flash the boot.img using fastboot.
Now, you have root on your device and can use any root explorer.

here is a video that helps with this root method,however you will need to unlock
your Bootloader in fastboot/bootloader MODE, TIP:when you unlock or lock the bootloader
it will reset/wipe/delete your phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4_hnKgjFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksbRMo00uTA
 
 
28th August 2018, 10:37 PM |#22  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inguna

Thanks a lot! I will definately be donating you.
Do you mind me asking something before flashing your TWRP. I know nothing about TWRP porting and stuff but I have noticed it is nearly five times smaller than the stock recovery. Is it normal? Just a bit apprehensive. Sorry for asking

Hey, have you flashed the TWRP? Give me some feedback so that I can post it in Original Post or improve it if you encountered any problems.
29th August 2018, 11:06 PM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please help me with my Gionee A1 Plus TWRP..
Bro, Please help me.. my phone is Gionee A1 Plus, I need the TWRP so I can root my phone and get this automatic airtime deduction off it. . The details you requested for is included in this message..

1. Recovery.img https://mega.nz/#!eOxFBJCL!o8t9gPL4I...ZWwcCswZw4m2FY

2. Pictures of the unmounted partitions..
https://mega.nz/#!yGxxXKrb!77-OhmYCD...7AC7qHbYAiyrFA
https://mega.nz/#!eG4xQSwC!ewkqkYFZw...slCAZbsl2vmVxo
https://mega.nz/#!fWhFCKCI!SWAYf6ZOH...znTJB3o_z5fr_I
https://mega.nz/#!zPwH1ArA!TJViFd1ql...iUjTOv0WK--27U
https://mega.nz/#!XDhHgQiA!Eh4ZwNApC...mYvH6mZ1wfFyRA

3. https://mega.nz/#!XGpEzaID!Y-G_YDRHr...idCN_yA_KHJXsU
https://mega.nz/#!bahCwahZ!0FkfnELyL...fTrGqvvX-8RR2A
https://mega.nz/#!6XgUzS6b!VrAaSdgUV...B6sq4etMJRntTo
https://mega.nz/#!Xb5wAIAK!JWUNqwIva...KvGZqp2mfIrUPA

4. Resolution is 1920*1080

Please I hope to get this tomorrow.. Please help me..

4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

Hey guys,
I've begun this thread for all those who have devices which don't have a source code and as a result, no TWRP.
You can request a TWRP on this thread for those devices. Since these are not official builds, they won't be available on TWRP website, only here.
You need to post these things for getting a TWRP.
1. recovery.img of your device
2. Install DiskInfo from Play Store, enable show unmounted partitions and post screenshots of the app.
3. Install any root explorer and send screenshots of /dev/block directory and /dev/block/platform/whateverfoldersarehere/ directory
4. Screen resolution of your device (720x1280 for example)
After this, wait for a few days until I post your recovery in this Original Post.

Here are the already available recoveries:
1.Micromax Canvas Juice 3+ a.k.a. Micromax Q394:
https://mega.nz/#!Dao1EBBK!vcQ5ntOGJ...NPX5S1TVfwbGVs

All the recoveries that I support through this thread would be updated with every new version release of TWRP.

If you are satisfied with my work, feel free to donate:
https://www.paypal.me/augustoandro1729

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

30th August 2018, 08:04 PM |#24  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosward

Bro, Please help me.. my phone is Gionee A1 Plus, I need the TWRP so I can root my phone and get this automatic airtime deduction off it. . The details you requested for is included in this message..

1. Recovery.img https://mega.nz/#!eOxFBJCL!o8t9gPL4I...ZWwcCswZw4m2FY

2. Pictures of the unmounted partitions..
https://mega.nz/#!yGxxXKrb!77-OhmYCD...7AC7qHbYAiyrFA
https://mega.nz/#!eG4xQSwC!ewkqkYFZw...slCAZbsl2vmVxo
https://mega.nz/#!fWhFCKCI!SWAYf6ZOH...znTJB3o_z5fr_I
https://mega.nz/#!zPwH1ArA!TJViFd1ql...iUjTOv0WK--27U
https://mega.nz/#!XDhHgQiA!Eh4ZwNApC...mYvH6mZ1wfFyRA

3. https://mega.nz/#!XGpEzaID!Y-G_YDRHr...idCN_yA_KHJXsU
https://mega.nz/#!bahCwahZ!0FkfnELyL...fTrGqvvX-8RR2A
https://mega.nz/#!6XgUzS6b!VrAaSdgUV...B6sq4etMJRntTo
https://mega.nz/#!Xb5wAIAK!JWUNqwIva...KvGZqp2mfIrUPA

4. Resolution is 1920*1080

Please I hope to get this tomorrow.. Please help me..

4.

Send me screenshots of DiskInfo with these settings on:
https://mega.nz/#!fbIR0AoD!ykRMTAity...ZDZSgIKcVTxEHg
https://mega.nz/#!yXQzwKJK!rWO_LiKZw...xAkSkKNRYXVuIY

In addition, I want you to send me screenshots of those folders shown in those screenshots you sent to me named as DevBlock, DevBlockPlatform etc.
You will see files like mmcblk0p1, just like in the /dev/block directory. I want screenshots of those directories.
Also send me screenshot of /dev directory
30th August 2018, 09:10 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please treat as urgent bro
Thanks for responding bro.

Here are few of the requested pictures...
https://mega.nz/#!LL4ViJbK!MXgNkwsdR...PJCbgQxp_1ASlk
https://mega.nz/#!LCplWZyK!j1fRwQH4A...yC4MBwKdoCIWZg

But for the others, I am finding it hard to get the screenshots to you, they seems much.. thought what I sent should be enough for the purpose you need it for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

Send me screenshots of DiskInfo with these settings on:
https://mega.nz/#!fbIR0AoD!ykRMTAity...ZDZSgIKcVTxEHg
https://mega.nz/#!yXQzwKJK!rWO_LiKZw...xAkSkKNRYXVuIY

In addition, I want you to send me screenshots of those folders shown in those screenshots you sent to me named as DevBlock, DevBlockPlatform etc.
You will see files like mmcblk0p1, just like in the /dev/block directory. I want screenshots of those directories.
Also send me screenshot of /dev directory

30th August 2018, 09:34 PM |#26  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosward

Thanks for responding bro.

Here are few of the requested pictures...
https://mega.nz/#!LL4ViJbK!MXgNkwsdR...PJCbgQxp_1ASlk
https://mega.nz/#!LCplWZyK!j1fRwQH4A...yC4MBwKdoCIWZg

But for the others, I am finding it hard to get the screenshots to you, they seems much.. thought what I sent should be enough for the purpose you need it for

I meant the screenshot of the screen where you can see the mounted and unmounted partitions, i.e., the home screen of DiskInfo.
Screenshots of /dev directory are a must, I need to confirm the mount location of your boot partition, otherwise you will not be able to flash custom kernels or install Magisk via TWRP
30th August 2018, 09:46 PM |#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Gionee A1 Plus..
These are the links.. I hope I got the right info to you this time..

https://mega.nz/#!iHZw0SaD!ugDI_meJH...fKJONo_JLZOm9I
https://mega.nz/#!LfJASYQZ!O-01JcZ2u...OCH-tsLxoi8Cqc
https://mega.nz/#!fHYAyIQZ!urhehIHko...oU7u0YWaAJDCho
https://mega.nz/#!WOYSzSKJ!x7W1Z4IuA...TJcvv_9LGcg7sk
https://mega.nz/#!3aIC2I6L!h3_7iCJX-...wjranjyyw20nJc
https://mega.nz/#!mPBgmC4Y!R9J_0qLqR...yydUXb8QOBv7QI

Thanks for helping out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

I meant the screenshot of the screen where you can see the mounted and unmounted partitions, i.e., the home screen of DiskInfo.
Screenshots of /dev directory are a must, I need to confirm the mount location of your boot partition, otherwise you will not be able to flash custom kernels or install Magisk via TWRP

30th August 2018, 11:06 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It's done!
I have rooted my phone! I truly can't say how I did it but I think sonicswink helped me out by using Magisk Boot patch... wow! I am the most happiest at this time.. Thanks for your support, I appreciate!
Although, my finger print isn't working anymore

31st August 2018, 09:36 AM |#29  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosward

I have rooted my phone! I truly can't say how I did it but I think sonicswink helped me out by using Magisk Boot patch... wow! I am the most happiest at this time.. Thanks for your support, I appreciate!
Although, my finger print isn't working anymore

You forgot to send me screenshots of /dev directory.
Go into /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/ and even further on until you find files such as mmcblk0p1, mmcblk0p2 etc.
Send me the path of the directory you end up with.
31st August 2018, 07:20 PM |#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This is it but nothing is inside of the files, all empty, so I had to take the snap shots of the path..

https://mega.nz/#!nOI32KRZ!gSjB3MDk-...lz3ykFl0I8VrC8
https://mega.nz/#!LHJxCQaR!W2bBap_zr...Z1nIG8dhUVSoFI

Please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

You forgot to send me screenshots of /dev directory.
Go into /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/ and even further on until you find files such as mmcblk0p1, mmcblk0p2 etc.
Send me the path of the directory you end up with.

31st August 2018, 09:22 PM |#31  
Augustoandro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosward

This is it but nothing is inside of the files, all empty, so I had to take the snap shots of the path..

https://mega.nz/#!nOI32KRZ!gSjB3MDk-...lz3ykFl0I8VrC8
https://mega.nz/#!LHJxCQaR!W2bBap_zr...Z1nIG8dhUVSoFI

Please help me

Here is a test build of the TWRP you requested for. You have to flash it on your phone and check for any errors.
https://mega.nz/#!uawBDLhQ!Vw3F8KFzR...n3RyGTlVXP7qCs

To check for errors, just tap on the button encircled in the home screen of TWRP, as shown in the below attachment
https://mega.nz/#!TXhTzDgZ!WZD2PRiP5...4vc-IvpMVAlkQg

Report any errors you find, I will fix them.
If you verify the TWRP to be working perfectly, it would be available from the Original Post, i.e., the first post of this thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes