1st December 2019, 08:24 PM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

@Jacksontales
Sorry for the delay, here's the TWRP:
https://mega.nz/#!mR1TRYxb!y2nkE6wHH...9EJTUAgHAIEhtk

If you find any errors, contact me on the thread, I will try to fix it ASAP.
If it works perfectly, contact me on the thread, so that I can add it to the Original Post for everyone to download.

Also, if you appreciate my efforts feel free to donate through the paypal link in the Original Post, that is, the first post of this thread.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL

@Augustoandro I have some problem with twrp, it runs correctly, but seems like It doesn't recognize internal memory and its partitions. I'll send in private the recovery.log
2nd December 2019, 09:42 AM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
please check similar output according to post #324 but from twrp, i guess the path isn't the same like in normal boot. you can also check with: find /dev/block -name by-name
The Following User Says Thank You to aIecxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aIecxs Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 12:13 PM |#334  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

please check similar output according to post #324 but from twrp, i guess the path isn't the same like in normal boot. you can also check with: find /dev/block -name by-name

I don't know if it was for me, but I tried out anyway
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eb8...ew?usp=sharing (Screen from terminal of twrp)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacksontales For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jacksontales Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 05:10 PM |#335  

More
@Jacksontales so in your case all entries in /etc/*.fstab files need to be changed from /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/* into /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/* (or /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/* both will work)
3rd December 2019, 04:38 PM |#336  

More
Quote:

@Jacksontales so in your case all entries in /etc/*.fstab files need to be changed from /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/* into /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/* (or /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/* both will work)

thanks, really helpful
personally I don't know how to do it, but I think that now can be less tricky for @Augustoandro
3rd December 2019, 05:44 PM |#337  

More
or
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustoandro

In case, you want to port a TWRP yourself, feel free to check out this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ource-t3843473

3rd December 2019, 07:16 PM |#338  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 191

Donate to Me
More
@Jacksontales @aIecxs
The solution you put up was already there in the TWRP I created for the device requested by @Jacksontales. The changes in the *.fstab files had been made before publishing the TWRP. According to my knowledge, the problem must be with one of the flags in the *.fstab files. I would be looking into it soon, thank you for your patience.

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to Augustoandro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Augustoandro Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 07:40 PM |#339  

More
i just checked the download link from post #269 and this variant of TWRP_Chuwi_Hi8SE.img has wrong paths, i don't know which variant you are talking about
The Following User Says Thank You to aIecxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aIecxs Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 11:27 PM |#340  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 191

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i just checked the download link from post #269 and this variant of TWRP_Chuwi_Hi8SE.img has wrong paths, i don't know which variant you are talking about

The entries in the *.fstab files were made on the basis of the already available entries in recovery.fstab and screenshots sent by @Jacksontales. The screenshot attached was sent by him, that's why I was sure that the paths were correct.
Try out the new TWRP I created using the output from the TWRP terminal @Jacksontales sent.
https://mega.nz/#!3EFDXYwI!2JGieBO9m...QMyzudf0th87JM

Thank you for pointing out that the paths might be different than in normal boot, really had no idea that could happen.
Contact me if you encounter any more errors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190826-003226.png
Views:	30
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	4893313  
The Following User Says Thank You to Augustoandro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Augustoandro Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 12:35 AM |#341  

More
i am afraid there is no other way than boot in recovery and check the paths from twrp instead from stock recovery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)