FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Utility] Odin for Linux !!! (JOdin3 CASUAL)

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By Toby4213, Member on 13th April 2018, 07:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2019, 10:52 PM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdausernl

I took all the steps you wrote down for me and I got JOdin working, finally..
But there goes something wrong still.
Because ... uploading the stock ROM (1,5GB) should take a while, is not done in just a few minutes.
Uploading all the files should take at least 10 minutes to complete.
Yet, in the end, it does say reset in green though.
And I'm quite sure that something is wrong, because I didn't see the blue status bar on the Samsung tablet during the upload process.
Uploading the extracted files seperately in Heimdall, 10 pieces out of the stock ROM, will take 10 - 15 minutes to complete and the largest of them all is the 'system.img' file which is 1,2 or 1,5GB in size.
With Heimdall I do see the status bar in both the program while uploading and in blue the same status bar on the Samsung tablet.

On the end of the day, I still have a rooted and faulty Android system running on that Samsung tablet.
Somehow the clean factory default is not loaded when the Samsung device reboot after all uploads with Heimdall.
Although the software uploaded is Android 4.4.2 for Tab3 7.0 8GB WiFi, with all the correct changes, date of build and country code.
Is there a final method to clean out the current faulty content of the Samsung Tab3 device?

I'm sorry but I don't know why its not working for you. I don't use odin anymore so I haven't tested the uploading anything to the phone.
I would recommend you to use adb and fastboot. Both are available in the standard repository, just type sudo apt install adb and sudo apt install fastboot. Furthermore it is much saver to do any flashing that way, because it is basically the intended way of debugging a android smartphone/tablet.
Edit: ok I just found out that fastboot does not work with samsung devices
Try to use odin on windows https://samsungodin.com/ or through wine on linux but I highly doubt that this would work.
I am sorry, but at this point I can't help you more. I haven't used a Samsung device in about 4 years and have no idea any more about all the problems and kinks with odin or generall samsung devices.
I wish you the best of luck.

10th August 2019, 10:50 PM |#22  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby4213

I'm sorry but I don't know why its not working for you. I don't use odin anymore so I haven't tested the uploading anything to the phone.
I would recommend you to use adb and fastboot. Both are available in the standard repository, just type sudo apt install adb and sudo apt install fastboot. Furthermore it is much saver to do any flashing that way, because it is basically the intended way of debugging a android smartphone/tablet.
Edit: ok I just found out that fastboot does not work with samsung devices
Try to use odin on windows https://samsungodin.com/ or through wine on linux but I highly doubt that this would work.
I am sorry, but at this point I can't help you more. I haven't used a Samsung device in about 4 years and have no idea any more about all the problems and kinks with odin or generall samsung devices.
I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Toby for your patience and effort.
Do you know anyone who could help me out with this?
Using Heimdall all extracted (10) files from the stock ROM can be successfully uploaded to the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 device.
I see a status bar on both Heimdall as well as on the Samsung Galaxy Tab3.
After downloading all files, except the system.img file, it took several seconds until the Tab3 device then rebooted.
Yet with the system.img file, after Heimdall disconnect the connected device, Tab3 does reboot immediately.
So I suspect the system.img file is rejected and deleted at reboot.
Perhaps that too may be the reason why JOdin3 fails.
10th September 2019, 08:34 PM |#23  
Flag Bauchi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can I get Jodin3 V3.13 this version can not flash Oreo roms
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
java, jodin, jodin3, linux, odin

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)