FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A] Fix for 'Processing: No' while using Magisk

11,279 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,668

By Primokorn, Recognized Contributor / Themer on 14th March 2017, 10:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer:
• First, you have to follow the basic rules of V4A such as no other audio mods (AudioFX, MusicFX,...), uncheck direct control volume in Poweramp...
• Since Oreo, I only flash this Magisk module and I no longer have to follow the below steps.

1. THE PROBLEM

• You are using ViPER4Android app and the V4A module from the official repo of Magisk.
• Driver is installed, V4A is enabled but Processing is stuck at NO!

2. THE SOLUTION

• Move /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf (check the permissions).
Note : overwrite the existing file or add the extension .bak
• Reboot.

Now start your music app and check the driver status screen of V4A. You should have this:

Enjoy

I found this solution in one of Magisk threads. Hope it will help other OP3T users.
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free

14th March 2017, 12:05 PM |#2  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Working perfect
15th March 2017, 04:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

1. THE PROBLEM

2. THE SOLUTION

• Move /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf (check the permissions).
• Reboot.

Now start your music app and check the driver status screen of V4A. You should have this:

I can confirm this works..Means i dont have to use another magisk module i found where the bass clips heavily over BT headphones. +1!
15th March 2017, 07:57 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Same problem on the OG OP3. All I had to do was download the module and flash it in TWRP.
15th March 2017, 08:46 PM |#5  
Flag Steinfeld
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Confirmed working fine. I had a /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf already, but moved the /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to that folder overwriting the other one. Works!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emuandco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emuandco Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 09:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I did this but audio doesn't play but it says processing. I'm using the black player app as my music player and when i try to play music nothing comes out

Edit: wow, I'm actually dumb. Didn't realize that after the reboot the volume gets turned all the way down. Works fine lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Ra3zor0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ra3zor0 Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 10:08 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth

Same problem on the OG OP3. All I had to do was download the module and flash it in TWRP.

The official Magisk module and the one from Viper4Arise didn't help me either. The same with Viper4Arise zips/modules.
This 'trick' was the only solution that worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 02:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It worked thnx🙂
The Following User Says Thank You to aijaj ansari For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aijaj ansari Ad-Free
22nd March 2017, 09:03 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer

More
It can be achieved through a flashable zip. Let me know if you are interested (easier clean flash process)
Replacing /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf survives a dirty flash
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
22nd March 2017, 02:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

It can be achieved through a flashable zip. Let me know if you are interested (easier clean flash process)
Replacing /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf survives a dirty flash

Yes please.
The Following User Says Thank You to B3501 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift B3501 Ad-Free
22nd March 2017, 09:56 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 620

Donate to Me
More
Yes too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magisk, processing, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)