Vernee THOR Development & Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
@DerTeufel1980 : thanks a lot for your efforts, you mean Pm sent in vernee forum? I have to check.
Could you share download link also here? Or you think is necessary to leave it as closed beta? Thanks indeed

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
No, I sent here in xda, the day before yesterday... I think.

The link should be available to the public. It's a new one. I talked to vernee staff, and it's OK sharing it

Gesendet von meinem k06td_a mit Tapatalk

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
No, I sent here in xda, the day before yesterday... I think.

The link should be available to the public. It's a new one. I talked to vernee staff, and it's OK sharing it

Thanks, but not received PM yet[emoji25].
Thanks for sharing , i'll add in open page soon. [emoji106]

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Thanks, but not received PM yet[emoji25].
Thanks for sharing , i'll add in open page soon. [emoji106]

Sent by Mi5 64Gb
Strange... I had been too fast and selected "tapatalk chat" instead of forum pn by fault... I guess that's why...

Basically I was asking, whether you compiled twrp, or ported it.
My ported twrp is working fine, but the one compiled within cyanogenmod 13 does not mount any partitions, because the dev/block/... by-name symlinks are missing

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
Strange... I had been too fast and selected "tapatalk chat" instead of forum pn by fault... I guess that's why...

Basically I was asking, whether you compiled twrp, or ported it.
My ported twrp is working fine, but the one compiled within cyanogenmod 13 does not mount any partitions, because the dev/block/... by-name symlinks are missing

Ok, i ported TWRP using the base created by Jemmini /Hanuma50 for same cpu (it was for Umi Touch).
So i didn't complied it like you are doing from CM13[emoji20]

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

ZeDdYRov

Feb 22, 2012
Hey! I'm noob, twrp is a recovery mode that gives us root? Can I use it with 2nd OTA? I'm asking those questions because I'm afraid to update my Thor to 2nd OTA and many feedback on Vernee's forum is quite negative about spme issues. My only experience on root/flash rom was with my old Nexus S with CM. Sorry for no knowledge here. Peace

Sent from my thor using XDA-Developers mobile app

azbest_hu

Jun 7, 2016
Thor's pre-installed apps

Hi,

I just got a Thor in my hands today :D

Do you know, why it the "Permission Control" (com.mediatek.security) app pre-installed on the Thor? As I know the Android 6 has native permission management. It seems this app causes problems with the permission management. Newly installed apps may get all permissions without asking the user. Other user on the Vernee forum said the permissions are resetting to fully allowed again after some time, If they are disabled. I searched the net for information about this app and it seems it is made for Android 4.4 originally.

Also I see Baidu's Network Location (com.baidu.map.location) app installed as a normal app. Is it safe to remove? Can Google's network location take its place?

Otherwise it is a very good device. I like it :)

Reactions: cetorr

webnick

Nov 10, 2006
Just received my thor yesterday but when trying to set it up and migrate things from my old phone i noticed a problem.

In “Settings” > “Backup & reset” the option “Back up my data” is enabled. Also “Automatic restore” is ticked.
But where usually my Google account should appear only a greyed out text presented itself: Instead of listing my Google account as “Backup account” it only reads “Backing up to debug-only private cache”. That doesn’t sound right, does it? What I really want is that my stuff gets backed up and restored from the Google cloud.

Anyone an idea what this means and how to solve this without root as i want to keep the original rom

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hi all, you can hear about the СM13? There is a beta version?

Not yet ...

Hi,

I just got a Thor in my hands today :D

Do you know, why it the "Permission Control" (com.mediatek.security) app pre-installed on the Thor? As I know the Android 6 has native permission management. It seems this app causes problems with the permission management. Newly installed apps may get all permissions without asking the user. Other user on the Vernee forum said the permissions are resetting to fully allowed again after some time, If they are disabled. I searched the net for information about this app and it seems it is made for Android 4.4 originally.

Also I see Baidu's Network Location (com.baidu.map.location) app installed as a normal app. Is it safe to remove? Can Google's network location take its place?

Otherwise it is a very good device. I like it :)

Permission Control is an MediaTek custom thing, just like MTK (Developer) Engineer Menu

Cheers

Reactions: BlueFlame4
Jan 15, 2013
Dhaka
almost like Vernee thor (Symphony H400 - Bangladesh)

In my country (Bangladesh) a local brand named symphony just lauched a new handset which is almost like the vernee thor. It has the same baseband version (MOLY.LR9.W1444.MD.LWTG.MP.V79) .
Link to the product: https://www.symphony-mobile.com/product-details.php?id=241

There is some slight changes in the device in my country. and i have been facing some bugs like touch response and some app incompatibility issues. my question is if i flash the stock rom from vernee will that brick my phone? note that the kernel version is also same. Need expert opinion on this.

Thanks.

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
In my country (Bangladesh) a local brand named symphony just lauched a new handset which is almost like the vernee thor. It has the same baseband version (MOLY.LR9.W1444.MD.LWTG.MP.V79) .
Link to the product: https://www.symphony-mobile.com/product-details.php?id=241

There is some slight changes in the device in my country. and i have been facing some bugs like touch response and some app incompatibility issues. my question is if i flash the stock rom from vernee will that brick my phone? note that the kernel version is also same. Need expert opinion on this.

Thanks.

is not the same..
as i can see specs of H400 are:
Symphony H400

1.3 GHz Quad Core (64 bit)
2Gb ram

So is not possible to use Thor Firmware ..
also design is sligthly different... (rear part completely different)
don't try to flash with Thor firmware.. result is a bricked phone

Jan 15, 2013
Dhaka
is not the same..
as i can see specs of H400 are:
Symphony H400

1.3 GHz Quad Core (64 bit)
2Gb ram

So is not possible to use Thor Firmware ..
also design is sligthly different... (rear part completely different)
don't try to flash with Thor firmware.. result is a bricked phone
Oh that sucks because symphony has terrible support :( looks like im stuck with the bad touch response :(

ZeDdYRov

Feb 22, 2012
Hello! Sorry megthebest, but you have lack of information on your thread, at the red words should be this: "At First TWRP boot, please Answer NO to the request of system files modify don’t sweep right. Choose Read Only.(if you chose yes and swipe to the right, you result in a boot loop on reboot)"

I copy that text in your own space at: http://www.needrom.com/download/vernee-thor-twrp/

I didn't understand a thing at this xda thread and I swiped it, now I'm unable to boot it. I even loaded MT6753_Android_Scatter.txt and now it's stuck on boot. What I do now? I bricked it?

I can't even turn off my phone in order to get twrp recovery mode. Original Recovery still makes me stuck on boot. Please help me someone?

Last edited:

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
It was written to answer to to system files. Modification.
Now you need to flash only system partition of stock firmware, using flashtool.
So load scatter of the rom with flashtool, un check alla partitions except SYSTEM, flash and reeboot.

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

Reactions: ZeDdYRov

ZeDdYRov

Feb 22, 2012
It was written to answer to to system files. Modification.
Now you need to flash only system partition of stock firmware, using flashtool.
So load scatter of the rom with flashtool, un check alla partitions except SYSTEM, flash and reeboot.

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

FLASHTOOL.png

When I flash it, I have to select all of it? I didn't for both original and twrp. My mistake then. Sorry, I'm not used to do this.

The scatter of the rom is the one that says MT6753_Android_scatter.txt, in your .zip file called "Vernee Thor TWRP 3.0.2-1" am I right? Thank you for the feedback!

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
To solve bootloop, select Only SYSTEM, and flash.
Stock rom need to be extracted in a folder and you must use android scatter of the rom (not the scatter of my twrp).
Cheers

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

Reactions: ZeDdYRov

ZeDdYRov

Feb 22, 2012
To solve bootloop, select Only SYSTEM, and flash.
Stock rom need to be extracted in a folder and you must use android scatter of the rom (not the scatter of my twrp).
Cheers

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

It worked. Thank you!

Now I have some other questions(I'm sorry for taking your time :( ):

In order to install TWRP, what do I have to select/check on this image?

FLASHTOOL.png

I'm sorry for being newbie. I want to learn. Thank you in advance!

PS: I already know that if I want to keep my data, I have to uncheck "userdata".

EDIT: On this image I have "MT6753_Android_scatter.txt", but I know that I have to choose "MT6753_Android_scatter - TWRP.txt"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts