FORUMS

VTech Innotab Max

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 124

By blakegriplingph, Senior Member on 18th November 2014, 07:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lol is anyone interested in taking a look at this children's tablet?

There isn't any much information on the tab specs-wise, except that it runs on a customised Android distribution with a child-friendly UI (think Samsung's Kid UI), a 1024x600 LCD screen, and a dual-core Rockchip RK3168 SOC. That's besides VTech developed or curated edutaiment apps being distributed physically through proprietary cartridges (using a wrapper as NeverLies mentioned), a stylus pen and of course the form factor.

Mom's Messy Miracles is currently having a giveaway contest, if anyone's up to it.

UPDATE: @ifhi has managed to debloat and convert his Innotab into a plain ol' Android tablet; see this post for details.
The Following User Says Thank You to blakegriplingph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blakegriplingph Ad-Free
19th November 2014, 02:42 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Sorry for the bump, but anyone?
22nd November 2014, 06:41 AM |#3  
Flag Columbia, TN
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm also interested in some hacking of this device. I'm interested in the device so my daughter can still use her cartridges but still have a full android tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to gerbsterkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerbsterkiller Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 01:05 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbsterkiller

I'm also interested in some hacking of this device. I'm interested in the device so my daughter can still use her cartridges but still have a full android tablet.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to pick one up in the near future, but I'm interested in tinkering with one and knowing as to what VTech used for the Max's internals, like the card slot and of course the SOC used.

That, and since this is by and large a children's device, I'm sure Samsung's Kids UI would be a natural fit for this tab. That is if it can be ported at all. Oh, and Cyanogenmod, anyone?
29th November 2014, 12:08 AM |#5  
Flag Niort
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
I am also very interested to hack this device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Firfin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Firfin Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 11:11 PM |#6  

More
It has been
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firfin

I am also very interested to hack this device.

It has been hacked, there is a firmware hack to allow you to dump carts to the SD card. Trouble is I cant find anywhere to get pre dumped games so its not a moneysaver for me yet. You can also convert video to play too.
Any info on where I can download games would be much appreciated. The hack author wont allow pirated games.

Failing that maybe we could share??

for the hack google spiffy hacks innotab
The Following User Says Thank You to thenuns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thenuns Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 11:49 PM |#7  
Flag Niort

More
The hack is for INNOTAB MAX version ?
2nd December 2014, 04:37 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuns

It has been hacked, there is a firmware hack to allow you to dump carts to the SD card. Trouble is I cant find anywhere to get pre dumped games so its not a moneysaver for me yet. You can also convert video to play too.
Any info on where I can download games would be much appreciated. The hack author wont allow pirated games.

Failing that maybe we could share??

for the hack google spiffy hacks innotab

Heard of it, but I'm actually interested in a root/recovery for the device as this one runs on Android. Yeah, there has been hacks for the other Innotab models, but while there's a thread in Spiffy's board mentioning about the possibility of supporting the Max, no hacks or root tricks for the latter exist yet.
9th December 2014, 02:28 PM |#9  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Innotab/Storio (european name) Max
Hi
Anyone succeeded to root the tablet, or at least install an alternate store (Google Play Store or Amazon App Store) ?

I couldn't find anything about a way to dump games to SD card, can someone post some information about it ?
10th December 2014, 04:05 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Are there any debugging options available on the tablet when you log in to Parent Mode? Something along the lines of Unknown Sources or at least a USB debug mode?
2nd January 2015, 09:16 PM |#11  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I would be definitely interested in accessing the play store and having root rights with this tablet. But I need to still have access to the Vtech UI for my child. (good UI I think, but a little slow sometimes).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toug For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Toug Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)