FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xiaomi MI tv 4, 4a, 4c, 4s, 4 pro, 4a pro,.....

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By karige, Senior Member on 7th November 2018, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2018, 01:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karige

Yes, it is there but it needs to be install through UART from the diagnostic port.

Can you give a tutorial bro...

30th December 2018, 03:26 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suku1509

Can you give a tutorial bro...

First you need a UART device and then open the tv back panel and you have to make a connection at the diagnostic port on the motherboard directly.
If you are ready for this steps, prepare for the next move and let me know.
3rd January 2019, 05:11 PM |#13  
Flag near Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Anyone having the latest pro version of mi tv with Android 8.1?

I do have the 43" global with build in Chromecast. Works nice and pic is also very good. No way to install Netflix for android tv and I cannot cast Netflix from my phone to the tv.. Everything else is castable.
21st January 2019, 02:06 PM |#14  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Honestly I do have 43 inch 4A model. But the only concern here is do we need custom rom for this TV? I mean we already have one of the best stock firmware. Also, there is a way to sideload app from usb and once you install aptoide store then you can directly download apps from it. I have good amount of apps installed for me but few of them need mouse like Netflix and Amazon prime. Some of them need google play services so they do get installed but when you try go ahead they ask for play services. Also, regarding the UART port, opening the back panel will surely void the warranty, are people willing to go ahead with that?
I'm fond of mods and custom roms but here it is bit complicated as a TV is not a personal device which is used by only one person like a smartphone. I heard we will get the oreo update soon does any1 knows when it's scheduled?
25th January 2019, 05:22 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvirgo92

Honestly I do have 43 inch 4A model. But the only concern here is do we need custom rom for this TV? I mean we already have one of the best stock firmware. Also, there is a way to sideload app from usb and once you install aptoide store then you can directly download apps from it. I have good amount of apps installed for me but few of them need mouse like Netflix and Amazon prime. Some of them need google play services so they do get installed but when you try go ahead they ask for play services. Also, regarding the UART port, opening the back panel will surely void the warranty, are people willing to go ahead with that?
I'm fond of mods and custom roms but here it is bit complicated as a TV is not a personal device which is used by only one person like a smartphone. I heard we will get the oreo update soon does any1 knows when it's scheduled?

Dear Friend,
I'm not concerned about custom ROMS here. But I want to enhance possible supported features in product not given by Mi.
I have Mitv 4a, and it doesn't support bluetooth speaker, while there is bluetooth in hardware. So by rooting and patching some firmware to make it working is my concern.

Another thing is, As phoneix rom and older Remix os were having support to replicate touch with Keyboard and mouse. If one can mimic that feature in patch ui firmaware than our MiTV will be more amazing
I used to do same with Octopus app but its annoying for many apps.

Most important feature for me is supporting external sd card as internal storage. Which would not be possible without rooting MiTV.

What do you and others say about these?
28th January 2019, 06:38 AM |#16  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I understand that you want to make optimum use of the hardware and explore all the possibilities. I personally feel it's a step we must take provided we have the source code and stock firmware readily available. Also, I have bought a wireless mouse and keyboard combo from Flipkart and it works like a charm. Regarding external hard drive support as internal, I feel the current version of android on MI TV 4A doesn't supports it natively. We should wait for the Oreo update and then should work towards it. Though my wife will kill me for messing up with the TV, I'm all in brother. It's just if anything goes wrong we should be able to put our **** together again
29th January 2019, 03:45 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvirgo92

I understand that you want to make optimum use of the hardware and explore all the possibilities. I personally feel it's a step we must take provided we have the source code and stock firmware readily available. Also, I have bought a wireless mouse and keyboard combo from Flipkart and it works like a charm. Regarding external hard drive support as internal, I feel the current version of android on MI TV 4A doesn't supports it natively. We should wait for the Oreo update and then should work towards it. Though my wife will kill me for messing up with the TV, I'm all in brother. It's just if anything goes wrong we should be able to put our **** together again

Yes, we are in wait and watch situation.
30th January 2019, 08:31 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

First you need a UART device and then open the tv back panel and you have to make a connection at the diagnostic port on the motherboard directly.
If you are ready for this steps, prepare for the next move and let me know.

So, what i have to do after that?
8th February 2019, 10:28 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
edited
17th February 2019, 04:13 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
All i need is google service to use voice search. I saw some methods but they did it for inbox and TV3 series. Havent for TV4 series. Just wait and wait 😢. Talk to a developer who did for tv3s (root, install google services, voice search...) but he hasnt get TV4 device.
17th February 2019, 10:36 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinlt

All i need is google service to use voice search. I saw some methods but they did it for inbox and TV3 series. Havent for TV4 series. Just wait and wait 😢. Talk to a developer who did for tv3s (root, install google services, voice search...) but he hasnt get TV4 device.

Voice search can be installed without google service but with tasker
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)