2nd August 2019, 07:45 PM |#51  
Flag fairmont
Thanks Meter: 403

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSG

How about rooting via magisk, patching the boot.img 🤔

would brick if bootloader is locked cause the md5 or whatever it uses to verify the partitions wouldnt pass if im not mistaken someone can correct me if im wrong
2nd August 2019, 07:55 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madvane20

would brick if bootloader is locked cause the md5 or whatever it uses to verify the partitions wouldnt pass if im not mistaken someone can correct me if im wrong

That is no issue because it's easy to unlock the bootloader. The real issue is getting the boot.img.
2nd August 2019, 08:00 PM |#53  
Flag fairmont
Thanks Meter: 403

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That is no issue because it's easy to unlock the bootloader. The real issue is getting the boot.img.

if u can get bootloader unlocked u could probly temp root with kingroot maybe? then go from there i dont have the phone or id work on unlocking it well rooting i should say
2nd August 2019, 08:03 PM |#54  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madvane20

if u can get bootloader unlocked u could probly temp root with kingroot maybe? then go from there i dont have the phone or id work on unlocking it well rooting i should say

I could try this out but kingroot is unreliable
2nd August 2019, 09:46 PM |#55  

More
Quote:

I could try this out but kingroot is unreliable

I wish there was a custom recovery, it would make things so much easier.
11th January 2020, 01:32 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

how to unlock the bootloader? i'll take it from there and let you guys know the results if i root the phone.
13th January 2020, 06:37 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_Me_Hudson

how to unlock the bootloader? i'll take it from there and let you guys know the results if i root the phone.

In the developer settings, there's a toggle for OEM Unlocking, which will allow you to unlock the bootloader. Enable this, and then unlock the bootloader with ADB.
14th January 2020, 02:15 AM |#58  

More
Quote:

In the developer settings, there's a toggle for OEM Unlocking, which will allow you to unlock the bootloader. Enable this, and then unlock the bootloader with ADB.

It won't boot in bootloader/fastboot mode to unlock it from there, any other ways to unlock bootloader?
14th January 2020, 07:17 PM |#59  

More
Quote:

It won't boot in bootloader/fastboot mode to unlock it from there, any other ways to unlock bootloader?

Pretty sure there's a way via volume down and power? 🤔 It should just have a box with the letters "FTM" I think. That's fastboot mode iirc
15th January 2020, 03:12 AM |#60  

More
Quote:

Pretty sure there's a way via volume down and power? 🤔 It should just have a box with the letters "FTM" I think. That's fastboot mode iirc

Well it does but whenever i type "fastboot devices" on cmd it doesn't pick up the phone
and i can hear whenever the phone connects to the pc or disconnects

I have the ZTE drivers installed so i'm not sure what's going wrong? Are you sure FTM (Field Test Mode) the same as Fastboot mode?
15th January 2020, 06:18 PM |#61  

More
Quote:

Well it does but whenever i type "fastboot devices" on cmd it doesn't pick up the phone
and i can hear whenever the phone connects to the pc or disconnects

I have the ZTE drivers installed so i'm not sure what's going wrong? Are you sure FTM (Field Test Mode) the same as Fastboot mode?

Okay since this didn't work, try these commands with the phone on
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Then, it should reboot, after that try these commands
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot reboot
It should unlock then, and factory reset, so don't worry if it takes a while to reboot because for some reason that takes awhile
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zte-grand-x4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)