Huawei Y550 - looping "Fastboot & Rescue Mode - Phone Locked" - Data Recovery needed!

Search This thread

Lister Of Smeg

Huawei Y550 - looping "Fastboot & Rescue Mode - Phone Locked" - Data Recovery needed!

Hi @dimspace, @HB72K, @patrik.KT @hecaex @ EVERYONE!!!

Hi guys, I'm asking (BEGGING) on your VAST knowledge of this device, on behalf of my brother...

He has the Huawei Y550 L01 (everything STOCK, firmware/recovery) and it's just died in a very common way as seen all over the internet. We've tried many different tricks to try reboot it, but alas all do not work. IT IS VITAL WE DO NOT LOOSE ANY DATA, as it's required for a legal case.. His phone just booted into Fastboot & Rescue Mode - Phone Locked

We urgently need to get the data off there, ie: Text Messages, Call Logs and Pictures for a legal case coming up soon.

What I would like to know, is it possible to recovery this data via either Fastboot / ADB or TWRP whilst it's in this state??

Does the phones Bootloader need to be unlocked to begin with, if so... bit late for that now as can't boot the phone. As it appears to be in Fastboot mode now, can we run Fastboot Flash Recovery TWRP.img to install TWRP recovery, and will that have root access within itself? (as I know where the messages are stored) or will this trip the phone further...

Is there any ADB commands we can use to PULL the messages out, whilst it's in this Fastboot state, but everything is STOCK firmware.

Open to all methods to recover data, it's important the data is not lost... What happens to the phone after data is (hopefully) recovered is not of importance, just the data is....

I pray you knowledgeable people can and will help us with this...

** Any idea's what caused the phone to go into this mode also?? As my brother doesn't tamper with things (unlike me) and keeps everything stock. He said it happened about a month ago, but pulling the battery and replugging it back in fixed it... But this trick isn't working now.. **

Many thanks, Lister

Jan 13, 2017
Davao
Hello there. I'll just give a bit of information about your case. As far as I know, you need root permission to access /data/data/"packagenameoftheapp" (where app data is stored; app data on /sdcard/Android/data -where app data is also stored - does not need root access though) and this could be "pulled" via adb which apparently you can not access since the device is in fastboot. Also, to flash or boot a custom recovery, you'll need the bootloader to be unlocked: (a) in device > settings > allow oem unlocking, then (b) in terminal: fastboot oem unlock "unlock key". Note: unlocking the bootloader (fastboot oem unlock) restores the device to factory settings which means your data is cleared too.
If you can try to boot the device normally so that you can use adb, some data could be retrieved (but only on the /sdcard), then you can root (install supersu) the device via adb (if there are possible workaround - external app maybe (kingroot for windows, etc)).
edit: Can you boot into recovery (not fastboot)? i think adb is accessible from recovery (use the volume + button keys)

Last edited: