FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

GPS Issues

190 posts
Thanks Meter: 92

By sandibhatt, Senior Member on 21st June 2016, 03:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am having a very weird issue. I have 6 android devices note 3, note 10.1 2014 (2), note 4, Tab S, S4, and HTC Desire. Some devices are rooted and some not. Some are WiFi only and some are LTE devices. On all of them, Google maps gets stuck on "searching for GPS", irrespective of location (indoor, outdoor, different zip code).

I have tried everything from clearing cache for apps to factory resets, but haven't been successful in fixing the issue. I have also tried the device specific information I could get from other XDA threads, but those didn't work either .

Any help would be appreciated.

21st June 2016, 04:44 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2,838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandibhatt

I am having a very weird issue. I have 6 android devices note 3, note 10.1 2014 (2), note 4, Tab S, S4, and HTC Desire. Some devices are rooted and some not. Some are WiFi only and some are LTE devices. On all of them, Google maps gets stuck on "searching for GPS", irrespective of location (indoor, outdoor, different zip code).

I have tried everything from clearing cache for apps to factory resets, but haven't been successful in fixing the issue. I have also tried the device specific information I could get from other XDA threads, but those didn't work either .

Any help would be appreciated.

Truly a bizarre problem. Have you tried signing into a different Google account and seeing if that fixes the problem? Let me know how it goes I'll he happy to keep thinking of possibilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free
21st June 2016, 09:42 AM |#3  
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 20,217

More
All the testing and you skipped the first step which is a logcat.
The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
21st June 2016, 10:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

Truly a bizarre problem. Have you tried signing into a different Google account and seeing if that fixes the problem? Let me know how it goes I'll he happy to keep thinking of possibilities.

Using a different Google Account solves the issue (i.e. I am able to get turn-by-turn directions). Thanks for the suggestion . It's still a weird issue though
22nd June 2016, 05:00 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Using a different Google Account solves the issue (i.e. I am able to get turn-by-turn directions). Thanks for the suggestion . It's still a weird issue though

Glad you could find a temporary work around, but as mentioned by the great zelendel would you mind posting a logcat of what happens when you login with your usual account. I will look then at the log file and see if I can determine any causes .
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free
23rd June 2016, 12:47 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine, CA

More
Quote:

Glad you could find a temporary work around, but as mentioned by the great zelendel would you mind posting a logcat of what happens when you login with your usual account. I will look then at the log file and see if I can determine any causes .

Will do as soon as I am able. I broke my foot and am scheduled for surgery this week 😕
24th June 2016, 06:30 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will do as soon as I am able. I broke my foot and am scheduled for surgery this week

Good luck with your surgery wish you a speed recovery !
13th July 2016, 08:09 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine, CA

More
Quote:

Good luck with your surgery wish you a speed recovery !

The logcat file is too big to upload. Here is a link for the file. Thanks for all your help...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8txr3fq5d2...54-57.txt?dl=0
28th July 2016, 06:47 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The logcat file is too big to upload. Here is a link for the file. Thanks for all your help...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8txr3fq5d2...54-57.txt?dl=0

Hey man I haven't forgot about you! My grandfather ended up passing away this past week so my mind and time as can be expected have been else where recently. In the morning I will re-analyze the log file and let you know what I find .
29th July 2016, 12:51 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine, CA

More
Quote:

Hey man I haven't forgot about you! My grandfather ended up passing away this past week so my mind and time as can be expected have been else where recently. In the morning I will re-analyze the log file and let you know what I find .

I am very sorry to hear that brother... He's in a better place now...

Don't worry about it and take your time... My thoughts are with you and your family.
The Following User Says Thank You to sandibhatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sandibhatt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)