Android 5.0 Lollipop User Profile Photo not appearing

Search This thread

veinripper

Sep 28, 2011
Hello,
I just flashed a brand new copy of Android 5.0 (fresh install) on my N5 and for some reason it won't update the profile picture from Google+ like in previous versions (4.4.4 and before).

This is what I mean:

Xiq5zQZ.png

Knight77

Dec 11, 2008
Turin
I had this problem and what suggested up here by Anan solved it, but now I changed the background profile picture in G+ and
- On my Nexus tablet, in Gmail, the background is just white (I mean the one that generally appear under the circle profile pic)
- On my phone it's still the old one

How to update this? I tried the workaround written by Anan for the pic but it didn't solve this problem... :(

slater_g

Jul 25, 2012
I have Google+ frozen on my device and only get the default blue icon. When I try to select an image, QuickPic comes up and I can select and crop onr but it does not stick.

mikskcas

Apr 3, 2011
Have a similar issue except I'd like to remove the user profile picture (and in the best case scenario, linking the phones owner contact picture to the user profile picture)

mikskcas

Apr 3, 2011
Settings -> Users -> click on profile picture -> set picture
I don't know if it works if you have a google+ account set with contact sync.
Hope it helps

Reactions: arys64

anan5002

Nov 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.raj2u.net
Not working for me .. :(:(:(

Do you enable the Google+ sync in the Account -> Google ?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Have a similar issue except I'd like to remove the user profile picture (and in the best case scenario, linking the phones owner contact picture to the user profile picture)

If my understanding is correct, you do not want to sync the pic with Google+, right? Then you just disable the Contact Sync in Google+ and if the user profile picture still shows the Google+ pic, then you may try clear data for Contact

mikskcas

Apr 3, 2011
Correct but not exactly ;)
I never used google+ contact sync.
I basically just want to remove user profile picture but it seems it cannot be removed.

What I don't get is : why would "My contact" and "main user" have different profile picture ?

scae

Sep 20, 2010
I followed anan5002's instructions and was able to get a picture to show. However I use two accounts and if I enabled contact sync in the second account the user picture would always show as the second account's profile picture, while I want to use the first.

To fix this I went into Contacts -> My own Contact (the first contact listed) -> Edit (the pencil, top right). Then pressed the profile photo I wanted to use and picked 'Use This Photo'. Pressing back saved it and my profile photo changed! Presumably you could set the photo to whatever you wanted by creating a 'local profile' in your contact.

You wouldn't believe how long in the developer preview I was trying to find the settings to sort this.

anan5002

Nov 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.raj2u.net
I followed anan5002's instructions and was able to get a picture to show. However I use two accounts and if I enabled contact sync in the second account the user picture would always show as the second account's profile picture, while I want to use the first.

To fix this I went into Contacts -> My own Contact (the first contact listed) -> Edit (the pencil, top right). Then pressed the profile photo I wanted to use and picked 'Use This Photo'. Pressing back saved it and my profile photo changed! Presumably you could set the photo to whatever you wanted by creating a 'local profile' in your contact.

You wouldn't believe how long in the developer preview I was trying to find the settings to sort this.

Good sharing... in my case, i still figuring out how to delete a contact since i dont find such setting in Contacts....

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Correct but not exactly ;)
I never used google+ contact sync.
I basically just want to remove user profile picture but it seems it cannot be removed.

What I don't get is : why would "My contact" and "main user" have different profile picture ?

What i notice when i set the picture manually, both doesnt seems like link to each other. Example, in Gmail, you email account pic will be display based on what you set for "ME" in Contact - email address should be set.

mikskcas

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks, that's what I thought (pictures aren't linked). I don't understand why google doesn't want us to remove picture and use the default picture.

To delete a contact : open the contact -> edit -> (three dot menu icon) -> delete.

Reactions: anan5002

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what i have done.

1. Open Setting -> Apps -> All -> Contacts Storage -> Clear Data

2. Open Google+ -> Settings -> Your account (under Account Settings) -> Contacts -> Keep contacts up to date
    Go to "Contacts" > "ME Set Up My Profile" > Place a Picture & Put your name.
    Done

Hello,
    I just flashed a brand new copy of Android 5.0 (fresh install) on my N5 and for some reason it won't update the profile picture from Google+ like in previous versions (4.4.4 and before).

This is what I mean:

Xiq5zQZ.png
    Since "Google+ -> Settings -> Your account (under Account Settings) -> Contacts -> Keep contacts up to date" is no longer available, after searching through account options and other settings, I wound up downloading an old version of Google+ from apkmirror.com - old, old version, https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...1-0-100431628-414161575-android-apk-download/. I wasn't sure if it would even work. Install went fine, when opened it alerted me there was a new version on Google Play. However, I skipped that, then went to the settings, found exactly what's listed above, checked it and the profile photo issue was fixed. Then updated Google+ via Google Play the photo is still good.

...talk about a PITA...
    6P