1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ILYM2016, Junior Member on 31st December 2016, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good morning ladies and gents.

I have recently purchased an android based projector,

Toumei C800.

Got to say it's a fantastic mini projector apart from my current issue:

I wanted to ceiling mount the unit but unfortunately the unit has no orientation mode, I rooted the unit easily enough using King root and downloaded basically almost every single rotation app available from the App Store but none worked.

I looked a little deeper and done some research and edited the build prop file, like and idiot I didn't make a back up of the rom or the original build prop.

Upon reboot the unit is now stuck on a boot screen, I have tried in vain to reset unit and access recovery mode but not knowing the button combination or being able to find the combination is stopping from going any further.

I have contacted the manufacturer and their lack of understanding my request and Xmas holidays is slowing replies.

I have an update zip with the firmware but can't initiate a recovery boot

I have tried with ADB but no luck finding the unit.

Can anyone give me some pointers at all???

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ILYM2016 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ILYM2016 Ad-Free

10th March 2017, 03:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Toumei c 800
I thinking of buying one c800, can you tell me os this a reasonable device , for watching online content ( Kodi, Netflix) ?
Did you solve your recovery problem?
Thanks.
20th March 2017, 12:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i bought this projector.. sorry for your loss
I think it has no recovery partition at all.
tell me if I can help you with anything
20th March 2017, 12:24 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king-totti85

i bought this projector.. sorry for your loss
I think it has no recovery partition at all.
tell me if I can help you with anything

Can you tell, how good is he working with online content, netflix or kodi? Thanks

Enviado do meu Nexus 6 através de Tapatalk
20th March 2017, 06:11 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmigoliva

Can you tell, how good is he working with online content, netflix or kodi? Thanks

Enviado do meu Nexus 6 através de Tapatalk

I will check and tell
The Following User Says Thank You to king-totti85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift king-totti85 Ad-Free
3rd April 2017, 04:39 PM |#6  

More
I just purchased this projector on Amazon (Toumei C800 with Android 4.4.4) and found that screen rotation (and 'flipping') is achieved by pressing the button in the upper-most right corner of the remote. When you press it, you'll get a menu that says 'Left', 'Right', 'Bottom', 'Top' (or similar).

I also want to root this device. I really want to update Android to a new version and need to be able to store apps on my SD card.

Could I take a 'snapshot' of my ROM and send it to you somehow?

PS: jmigoliva: It's a great little projector for watching movies online. I'm using mine as the 'TV' in my bedroom.
22nd April 2017, 11:25 AM |#7  

More
Has anyone succed to update the firmware which is very unstable?

I have an update zip file and the procedure the company gave me is not working at all.

Thanks
26th June 2017, 04:23 PM |#8  

More
hi friend

can you give me link for update zip file please

also any information about the update?.. it it lollipop?
16th July 2017, 01:21 PM |#9  

More
Mine stopped working afer a few weeks
The projector still turns on I know by the fan noise it make every time I turn it on but the LED is dead and I don't know if I can replace it or fix it this sucks really bad I did enjoy watching movies on that projector plus it was my first
9th January 2018, 11:44 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfextreme

The projector still turns on I know by the fan noise it make every time I turn it on but the LED is dead and I don't know if I can replace it or fix it this sucks really bad I did enjoy watching movies on that projector plus it was my first

I have a problem with this projector c800s Version 32Gb.
The Google playstore dont install the application code error : 0 or 1

Do you know how to solve? I noticed that in the settings is missing the "Account" menu could be that the problem? Do you know if it is possible to resolve via a Factory reset from the menu: settings -> backup & restore?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
19th January 2018, 12:17 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regster77

I have a problem with this projector c800s Version 32Gb.
The Google playstore dont install the application code error : 0 or 1

Do you know how to solve? I noticed that in the settings is missing the "Account" menu could be that the problem? Do you know if it is possible to resolve via a Factory reset from the menu: settings -> backup & restore?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, I have the same problem. You usually get this error when the Google Play Service are not up to date so I manually got the latest version from apk mirror and installed it. Still wouldn't work. I manually updated the play store the same way, still doesn't work so if you found a solution to the problem, I'm all ears.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)