FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Asus ZenFone V V520KL Bootloader Unlock, TWRP Recovery & Custom ROM/Root Help!

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Doctor Andrew, Junior Member on 19th January 2019, 11:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After many searches for the best help on my new Asus ZenFone V V520KL, I have no way to unlock the bootloader. Asus doesn't provide any support for this 2017 model, nor does Verizon, the company the phone was made for.

It comes stock with Nougat 7.0 OS, 32 GB ROM & 4 GB RAM. It's got a decent size screen and runs not too too bad.

I'm wondering if one of the tech people here would be so kind as to help me with not only unlocking the bootloader so I can then install a custom recovery image, preferrably TWRP, since I have used this type of program before on my other ZenFone 3 Zoom.

I already have ADB tools on my Windows 7 notebook (32-bit). I used it to install the last root on my other aforementioned phone so it will work.

What I'm wondering about is the bootloader unlock tool, custom recovery image (TWRP), and a way to root the bastard. Hopefully we can relock the bootloader after the job's done because it's annoying on my other phone to always have to bypass the "Can't check for corruption." screen before the phone actually boots. Again this is for the Asus ZenFone V V520KL model. There is really no information anywhere right now I know of that gets this job done.

Having a custom Pie 9.0 ROM upgrade would be the best if possible once we root the device.

My name is Andrew, S.D. from Canada.

Thanks and blessings.

28th January 2019, 08:27 PM |#2  

More
Root
Did you find a way to root it?
28th January 2019, 10:41 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
No, I still need help with the original post. I can root the ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL but they already tell us how to do that in another forum.
31st January 2019, 10:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
the Bootloader for v520kl is already unlock by ENG Firmware
Just serch it in forums
1st February 2019, 09:07 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
You're talking to a noob. Give me the location of ENG firmware.
2nd February 2019, 02:35 AM |#6  

More
Hi friend, in the other post de link for downloading de ENG Firmware is broken
4th February 2019, 09:55 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Hi friend, in the other post de link for downloading de ENG Firmware is broken

This is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lc17b7...NG_T3.3.15.zip

I tried to flash it did not work for me..

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Andrew

You're talking to a noob. Give me the location of ENG firmware.

Here is the link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=52
5th February 2019, 04:27 PM |#8  

More
Hi friend,

It's de the same rom for this page
https:
hardreset.info/devices/asus/asus-v520kl/faq/firmware/ because, the size of this rom is 813MB

and the size of the rom of the link that you provide is 775.53 MB and the files is the same name.

or this rom has been updated.

someone know what version of android have this rom
11th February 2019, 10:41 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Okay so we now have a link to just the ROM it looks like. Do we have a way to unlock the bootloader yet and install TWRP first? What about the TWRP image file, do we have one of those as well?
15th February 2019, 09:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Andrew

Okay so we now have a link to just the ROM it looks like. Do we have a way to unlock the bootloader yet and install TWRP first? What about the TWRP image file, do we have one of those as well?

To flash the ENG rom, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. Just the Asus flash tool.

Once you flash it, you can reboot to fastboot mode(adb reboot bootloader) and use fastboot oem unlock to unlock bootloader. Be warned though the ENG firmware is very basic. No web browser, no google play, you can't pull down the notification bar etc. (Great battery life though with about 7-10 days since I am not using it at all).

As of right now, there is no TWRP for it that i know of. In fact, I can't even boot into recovery atm. I also am unable to get boot.img file form the .raw file so the various methods to root it seem to be out of reach for the moment.
18th February 2019, 08:38 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
I've absolutely no interest in the ENG firmware. Still looking for a solution to the original post that people can understand and use easily.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)