FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where is BoardConfig.mk?

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By General Custer, Junior Member on 17th January 2017, 07:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is probably an insanely noob-ish question, but I've scoured the internet (and this site) for days and I haven't found anything yet, so I'm hoping someone with some smarts or experience can help me.

I'm trying to build TWRP recovery for my device, an unsupported phone. (The BLU Life One 2015: GSM Arena Specs) Specifically, the 2GB RAM 16GB ROM version, if that helps. I've been following this guide: [DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery by Deez Troy, and I've got my whole build environment set up, I have the source downloaded, and I've found (what I'm pretty sure is) a device tree for my phone HERE. I'm convinced it's for my phone since the model listed is X011Q, which is the name of the firmware for my phone.

The issue I'm having is that when I get to the part of the guide about editing the BoardConfig.mk file, I can't find it anywhere. Not in AOSP source, (which I downloaded for later use), not in the TWRP source, not in any of the partitions I've pulled from my phone, or in the device tree. My main questions then are these:

1.)Does it actually exist some where for me to find?
2.)Is it device specific, or will one for a phone with similar specs (probably) work fine?
3.)If I have to make/build it, how do I go about doing that? What needs to be in it? (Though I'm less sure this would be the case thanks to THIS post.
4.)If none of the above questions are the right one to ask, but if you think you know what I need to know/what I need to ask, please TELL ME!

Also, any other resources anyone can point me towards or advice/pointers you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to General Custer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift General Custer Ad-Free
8th February 2019, 10:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The same question.
No answers?
2nd December 2019, 07:54 PM |#3  
Flag Pawling
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourteenth

The same question.
No answers?

Nope. If it didn't spontaneously create itself out of nothingness, you will never be able to find it. No one ever created the files, they popped out of Zeus' forehead fully-formed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)