FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Building lz4 compression util for Android's ADB?

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By kdar1987, Member on 11th September 2016, 04:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone have a build of lz4 compression or could explain to me how I can build it with NDK for Android? I want to run this compression utility from ADB on my phones (OnePlusOne and Galaxy S7).

I found lz4 source code here:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/lz4/
Apparently NDK now uses .bp files instead of .mk.
12th September 2016, 01:00 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,143

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdar1987

Does anyone have a build of lz4 compression or could explain to me how I can build it with NDK for Android? I want to run this compression utility from ADB on my phones (OnePlusOne and Galaxy S7).

If you want to build it for unnoficial devices such as the ones youve listed, follow any tutorial to download the CyanogenMod source (or other rom that supports those) and after lunching the device you want to build for, run 'make liblz4'
The Following User Says Thank You to frap129 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frap129 Ad-Free
12th September 2016, 07:37 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,276

Donate to Me
More
For device-independent tools like lz4, you can also lunch for some generic device with a matching CPU architecture.
And you need "make lz4" if you want the CLI tool.
30th September 2016, 03:09 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 7,400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdar1987

It's ndk build/aosp build env methods aren't straight forward to make it a binary, only a lib, so i went ahead and compiled it into a binary. I didn't test it or anything, just compiled it statically for arm.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lz4-arm-static.zip - [Click for QR Code] (187.6 KB, 290 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Surge1223 Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 09:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I tried using this and got
: Error 65 : Allocation error : not enough memory

Would this be because the program was built for 32-bit and my tablet is 64-bit? Can anyone tell if that message is from the system, that the program never loaded; or if that message is being printed by the program?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ndk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)