Is there any *current* method to unlock T-mobile Galaxy s4?

Search This thread

somedude2

Sep 23, 2017
I've been trying all day to unlock a T-mobile galaxy s4. T-mobile refuses to do it; and I would almost rather throw the phone away than sell it (I fix screens, so I buy em broke then resell them), because that might give T-mobile another customer.

I called them up and they say they do that to "protect customers". I didn't need to be rude to the representatives, but how is THAT supposed to work? Isn't a phone reported stolen blocked on a all carriers!?

So, what I've tried so far:
1.) Dialing: *#0011# - hitting back button - entering 1.. doesn't work. Gives me a screen something along the lines of "Menu does not Exist.. current command 11".
2.) *#197328640# takes me to a debug screen;
3.) "Service mode for Samsung" says: "Your device does not Support this Samsung chipset.
4.) I tried literally dozens of other *#xxx# codes. (So if technicians were supposed to have access to this level control before things got out what do they do now?)
5. Several "secret code revealer" apps.
6.) Looked into Dr. Phone claims to support rooting Samsung; I have a supported OS but it won't install and their help does not even claim to be fast (nor does it seem to get a lot of respect.)
7.) I *COULD* try rooting.
a.) Towelroot's webpage has a bad security certificate.
b.) The other root program I looked into: my antivirus didn't like it. (Among other problems I found a few minutes later.)
c.) There are 3 dozen websites for every root method available; these *HAVE* to be installing spyware or why else would so many people be bothering to maintain a website for other peoples root!? (Mabye some make money off the advertising lol.)

It seems like the only SAFE way that I have to remove root is learn Java, browse the CVS or other root source code and implement it myself! ...Then even at that, if they guy who *created* android screwed up enough to let me root it *I* obviously can't certify anything as safe.

I'd really love to protect my customers WITHOUT rewarding T-mobile for it's bad behavoir by putting on of their locked phones back on the market.

Thanks!
Edit: Thanks to this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734094 I can get into the UMTS menu, but the entries I need are missing.

Last edited:

RossTeagan

Sep 22, 2017
London
As far as I know, there's also paid unlocking, using a third party service. Still, T-Mobile is a bit expensive to unlock, since it's not done by code.

I've been trying all day to unlock a T-mobile galaxy s4. T-mobile refuses to do it; and I would almost rather throw the phone away than sell it (I fix screens, so I buy em broke then resell them), because that might give T-mobile another customer...
Your best bet is to post your question within the following thread that's device and carrier specific.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2324421

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE