Custom ROM for Coolpad Note 5

Search This thread

sufie cruise

Nov 21, 2013
Delhi
hmmm....well i have some knowledge about porting...if you both could just name some of the device having same specifications to cpn5 then i might port and share with you guys

Sent from my Coolpad 3600I using Coolpad Forums

Reactions: thekillsquad007

karthi25

Oct 18, 2017
hmmm....well i have some knowledge about porting...if you both could just name some of the device having same specifications to cpn5 then i might port and share with you guys

have u ever ported a rom for snapdragon device

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

i have ported many roms for mtk devices. i m going to port a rom for coolpad note5.but i need testers.also need a telegram group :)

Reactions: thekillsquad007

thekillsquad007

Oct 9, 2017

Good to find you,i can specify some devices having same specs,which are moto g4 plus,and redmi note 4.these two are almost the best devices with same config as coolpad note 5

thekillsquad007

Oct 9, 2017

tcpcd

Mar 13, 2017

okay but please hurry. i heard that motorola phone is best match for note 5

ichikuro9

Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys, I have put all the points below:
so guys how is the porting and testing going on? Any stable version ready for roll out?
I think most of coolpad note 5 users are fed up of waiting for nougat, not to mention Oreo is out too which coolpad will never get. I think a stable nougat rom is the max coolpad users can ask for.
It will be good to have a nougat ROM for coolpad note 5.
Regarding specs, coolpad note 5 has Snapdragon 617 MSM8952 Octa-Core processor running at 1.5 GHz and Adreno 405 graphics. Can you guys clock the processor and GPU at higher GHz? Like 1.8 or 2 GHz and more. Take it to the max possible settings.
Most basic features are Phone/calling/SMS, Camera, FM, stock Naugat - just the basic apps - light weight.

In case you guys are not able to use other ROM features, it is alright to get just basic features with overclocked Processor and GPU. Keep the ROM as light as possible and recommend users with best apps to download.

When you are done do upload the link to new ROM. :good::D:good:

Last edited:

IMTHI

Nov 21, 2015
Rom already ported by PC team MIUI 8 but it is developer preview there is lots of bugs they are working a lot for note 5 users support them they told they will release stable as soon as possible

dafrel

Dec 28, 2017
i need the custom or official rom for coolpad note 5 bcs i hve wiped the system data so im out os can any one plz help me up with this plz plz plz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

have u ever ported a rom for snapdragon device

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

i have ported many roms for mtk devices. i m going to port a rom for coolpad note5.but i need testers.also need a telegram group :)
    ok then lets do it...i need testers atleast two... telegram group and nothing else

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEIG7KpfQlERhT_caA

here is the link 4 the telegram channel... I can't do it on my own i need supporters.Just give me suggestions
    t.me/cpn5developmemt

join

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

i think redmi note for has a sd 625 processor?

yes

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

http://t.me/cpn5developmemt

join.lets start porting