FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Debranding samsung galaxy s8 active

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MartinV84, Junior Member on 1st December 2019, 11:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi peeps,
I'm from Holland and i bought myself a Samsung s8 active global gsm unlocked from a seller in the usa via ebay. However the phone is branded with at&t firmware and somehow it isn't possible for the phone to find a network here in Holland. When i search manually for a network, it finds the networks which are operating here, but when i try to register onto the network it says that it's impossible to register...

I hope someone can help me with this!

Greetings from Holland
Martin
1st December 2019, 11:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i search your device and it say it only has 3 variants AT&T
T-Mobile
Sprint

also openline is the right keyword not "Debranding"

in my country openline usually cost $20 US dollar but i guess you can do it yourself by following guides from the internet 😆
1st December 2019, 11:45 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedroot69

i search your device and it say it only has 3 variants AT&T
T-Mobile
Sprint

also openline is the right keyword not "Debranding"

Well ok... thanks for your reply. Like i said, I'm from Holland, so pls excuse me for not knowing the correct terms. I searched the internet and found some pages in Dutch where i found the term branded phone and debranding, so i figured that is a universal term for it...

I happen to have a T-mobile subscription here in Holland. So it should be possible to use the phone with T-mobile firmware if there isn't a "unbranded" firmware version.
1st December 2019, 12:16 PM |#4  

More
this guy has the same issue with you https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Un...e/td-p/5850469

also this website is worth checking
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/
1st December 2019, 12:30 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks for your answer. However, the top url doesn't work and i allready tried the bottom one... can't unlock myself via at&t because i don't have a at&t phone nr or account... never had. Can't create an account because they ask for a at&t phone nr which i don't have. I bought the phone on ebay and it was shipped to Holland.
Had contact multiple times with Samsung Europe and they said it would be no problem for me to use the phone here, but it seems that's not the case.
1st December 2019, 01:00 PM |#6  

More
hmmn since most option require you to have at&t mobile# and account which you don't have the only option i see is contacting at&t FB page and say your case ( you just bought the phone on ebay and didn't know its network lock ) who know they might openline it without paying anything 😂😂
1st December 2019, 01:07 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedroot69

hmmn since most option require you to have at&t mobile# and account which you don't have the only option i see is contacting at&t FB page and say your case ( you just bought the phone on ebay and didn't know its network lock ) who know they might openline it without paying anything

Lol... who said I'm looking for a free option?

I just want the phone to work here... in Holland they stopped selling the active series after the s5 active. I really wanted to have a upgrade for my s5 active so i bought the s8 active because according to samsung it should work fine here in Holland...
1st December 2019, 01:16 PM |#8  

More
well clearly it did not works 😉😂
at&t has free chat support on there site https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/wireless

nvm it's a fvcking bot hahaha
1st December 2019, 11:52 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Additional help request
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinV84

Lol... who said I'm looking for a free option?

I just want the phone to work here... in Holland they stopped selling the active series after the s5 active. I really wanted to have a upgrade for my s5 active so i bought the s8 active because according to samsung it should work fine here in Holland...

Is there someone who can help me with this? I can't find anything helpfull on the internet so far...

I really want my new phone to work here on the Dutch networks but it seems to me it's solely because of the at&t firmware that's stopping me from doing so. Is there any way to get rid of that firmware safely? Personally I'm not interested in the whole warranty thing because since i have this phone shipped to holland, i can't get any warranty with samsung Europe, so for any warranty i have to ship it back to America which i won't do because of the costs that will come with that.

Suggestions/tips are more then welcome!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)