7th February 2016, 05:09 PM |#21  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Google does it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnCarl

The Fix...

Thank you for the quick fix. I would not have discovered this solution on my own. We never had such severe issues with low quality when Microsoft was the primary supplier of humanity's technology, even though Google has programmers with far superior coding ability.
Corporate policy is our primary enemy here.
6th March 2016, 01:03 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I just keep them disabled, this was great on kk but on lollipop upon disabling the account gets removed and with it the contacts and the calendar etc. any idea how to keep these data and the account but also be able to disable the gplay services?
9th March 2016, 12:12 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Just get the patched vending from http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/rXrcXf6V/file.html.
This patched version will not update google play automatically, you'll have to do it manually. Also this is a patched vending from lucky patcher...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cojocar.andrei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cojocar.andrei Ad-Free
17th March 2016, 04:02 PM |#24  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojocar.andrei

Just get the patched vending from http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/rXrcXf6V/file.html.
This patched version will not update google play automatically, you'll have to do it manually. Also this is a patched vending from lucky patcher...

Honestly, I do not understand how people can use a non-patched Google Play Market. It keeps updating constantly, and also updates all the useless Google apps (and Services as well). IMHO this is a complete waste of broadband; if I feel that some feature is missing from my phone I can update it manually.
17th March 2016, 09:02 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreuz

Honestly, I do not understand how people can use a non-patched Google Play Market. It keeps updating constantly, and also updates all the useless Google apps (and Services as well). IMHO this is a complete waste of broadband; if I feel that some feature is missing from my phone I can update it manually.

Same here. This auto-update was driving me crazy so I patched it. It is not the latest vending, but it works ok...
16th June 2016, 07:05 AM |#26  
Flag Spring Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Thanks! I applied this fix to my new MK6735 device, Google Play Services has never updated since. But Google Play app *has* -And when that happens, I have to uninstall the update and reboot.

Can we block that using the same method, by creating corresponding folders in that same location?

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojocar.andrei

My stock market app is v6.1.12, what version is this?

Also, if I install it, will it be applied as "an update"? Because if I allow the stock update, it causes Google Play and Services to crash.
17th June 2016, 06:30 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-weApon-X

Thanks! I applied this fix to my new MK6735 device, Google Play Services has never updated since. But Google Play app *has* -And when that happens, I have to uninstall the update and reboot.

Can we block that using the same method, by creating corresponding folders in that same location?

Yes you can!
Here are the original threads were the "folder trick" has been published for the 1st time.
[TRICK] How to stop Google Play Store self update - easy!
[TRICK] How to avoid Google Play Service update

17th June 2016, 07:27 PM |#28  
Flag Spring Valley, CA

Donate to Me
More
Delete, Disable, Downgrade and prevent update of Google Play Services [ROOT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by halnovemila

Yes you can!
Here are the original threads were the "folder trick" has been published for the 1st time.
[TRICK] How to stop Google Play Store self update - easy!
[TRICK] How to avoid Google Play Service update

Yes! I added "com.google.vending-1" and -2, rebooted several times in the last few days and not one google play store update. I didn't know if I actually had to create two folders, but I did it anyway. I'll check the links you gave, thanks!

Do you think similar is preventing the regular Google Search app from installing? I've tried it from the market, I've tried it from an APK and I always get "error -505" and there is NO reference to -505 on the entire net. I asked about it here, so far no responses.

Hm- I must have done something wrong because my system auto updated Google play again and even with the folders there, I'll go through those posts again maybe I missed something.
18th June 2016, 04:54 PM |#29  
Flag Spring Valley, CA

Donate to Me
More
I had added two folders instead of just the one that the trick suggested. So it was fooling my bypass by creating a third folder from which it was installing an update. Unfortunately deleting the extra folders causes of the stock app to be deleted. But I was able to find version 6.1.12 from APKmirror and I installed that, and it reinserted/reasserted itself as the stock app.

sent from one of my Sophones or Goophones, who knows which one?
20th June 2016, 11:57 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-weApon-X

Unfortunately deleting the extra folders causes of the stock app to be deleted

Sorry X-weApon, due to the many Android versions that are out in the wild, some of which also have a custom, non standard, package installer, isn't clear what happened exaclty in your case.
It for sure would help if you mention the Android version and the brand and model of the phone you are using.
Anyway the user made extra folders are *empty* so deleting them should delete nothing; unless in your particular case the package installer will install the update inside the user made folder, which in turn will make the trick useless.

Can you tell us where exactly the app APK file is located now?
20th June 2016, 01:07 PM |#31  
Flag Spring Valley, CA

Donate to Me
More
The system generated a third folder it's self that was the one that I deleted and it took away the play store with it. I'm using android lollipop I don't have the specs on hand right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)